Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Chrissy Powell has moved to 5/2 favourite for the Wigan job.

That means someone has stuck £20 on it and the bookies have panicked

You are right. BUT he may have been approached.
  • Options
    @RichCawleySLP: #cafc interested in Burton winger Jacques Maghoma and been offered Jay Simpson, released by Hull. Full story in today's SLP.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 6m
    #cafc interested in Burton winger Jacques Maghoma and been offered Jay Simpson, released by Hull. Full story in today's SLP.

Just beaten to it by cockneyCAFC. :-)

On Powell, Wigan don't have much going for them right now... aside from the European football and job security under one of the few trusting chairman left these days. *gulp*
  • Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4m
    #cafc interested in Burton winger Jacques Maghoma and been offered Jay Simpson, released by Hull. Full story in today's SLP.

Ex-Spurs player, seems to have done well last season.

Do not want Simpson to be honest.
  • Options
    Simpson looked lively against us at home came off the bench if I recall? Could do alot worse
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Simpson seem like the type of player that requires a manager to give him a bit of TLC to get the best out of him.

Fancy he could do well under SCP.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Wow didn't see this coming!

@AVFCOfficail: We have agreed a fee with Charlton Athletic for 23 year old midfielder Dale Winton #AVFC

LOL might just be a fake site that one : - )
  • Options
    @Oddschanger: Chris Powell has this morning been backed into 9/2 from 40/1 at #SkyBet to be the next #Wigan manager - (http://t.co/2XPzetatgi) #WAFC #CAFC
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Wow didn't see this coming!

@AVFCOfficail: We have agreed a fee with Charlton Athletic for 23 year old midfielder Dale Winton #AVFC

I like the look of that Winton fella. Could be a good move for Villa.

Quick across the ground with a shopping trolley, strong, and unstoppable in the post match showers.

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

@Oddschanger: Chris Powell has this morning been backed into 9/2 from 40/1 at #SkyBet to be the next #Wigan manager - (http://t.co/2XPzetatgi) #WAFC #CAFC

I have never felt more confident that SCP will be with us next season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Powell on the drift now 12-1 with Stan James and 10-1 with Bet victor. Think he will stay and try build with us.
  • Options
    Cant think of any reason why Powell would go to wigan, only thing better is money but Sir Chris doesn't seem the sort to jump ship just for a few bob

I would be pretty confident he will be with us next year

Lol @ Villa signing Dale Winton great stuff
  • Options
    Dean Parrett has finally been released by Spurs.
    Still no news on Obika though...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Remember SCP has school age kids and I don't think he liked living away from home when he was at Leicester.

I think he lives around Coulsdon,which is far enough away from the Valley that he would not get pestered all the time,but close enough that he could live with his family.

Do not underestimate the positive impact this will have on SCP staying put.I will more more concerned when a southern based job becomes vacant.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 28s
    Another bit of transfer news for #cafc in the paper today is that bid has been tabled to Tottenham for Jon Obika.
  • Options

Another bit of transfer news for #cafc in the paper today is that bid has been tabled to Tottenham for Jon Obika.

That's very good news in my opinion.

• Options
    We dont know how much the bid is yet though.

It could be two packets of hob nobs and a box of crispy kreme's
  • Options

Sorry, but are you saying Rich Cawley has tweeted that he's read a newspaper this morning?
    Now THAT'S what I call journalism.

:-)

• Options
    Dizzle said:

We dont know how much the bid is yet though.

It could be two packets of hob nobs and a box of crispy kreme's

A whole box of 12? Don't know if the budget goes that far : - )

Good news but a bid is just a bid. When it's on the OS and all that.
  • Options
    I think we'd get him if we offered chocolate hobnobs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:

I think we'd get him if we offered chocolate hobnobs.

We're not run by Willy Wonka you know. We can't go around offering CHOCOLATE biscuits
  • Options
    Rich tea biscuits, there are potholes IN THE VALLEY CARPARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    You can get a good deal on mini Jaffa cakes in Morrisons at the mo...
  • Options

Cant think of any reason why Powell would go to wigan, only thing better is money but Sir Chris doesn't seem the sort to jump ship just for a few bob

I would be pretty confident he will be with us next year

Lol @ Villa signing Dale Winton great stuff

European football, load of money through parachute payments, decent chairman who loves the club and almost a premiership squad...

Saying that I think he will stay!
  • Options
    Jay Simpson is a lot like Danny Haynes. Bags of pace, questionable end product at times and unfortuante to have been shunted out wide for large parts of his career due to the afore-mentioned pace. If he can stick the ball in the back of the net then he'd be a great replacement for Haynes as he's had less trouble with injuries. The downside is he's come down from Arsenal and Hull so he'll have been on much higher wages than Haynes ever was. Worth a punt if we can get him on a low wage and put him up front
  • Options
    Football Agent CJ ‏@FootballAgentCJ 1h
    Brentford midfielder Adam Forshaw looks to leave Griffin park, with Doncaster Rovers and Charlton keen on him #drfc #cafc #addicks
  • Options
    @Sports_Hangout: Charlton Athletic have enquired about MK Dons Stephen Gleeson, it's said Dons may sell if their valuation of 750k is met #CAFC #Twitter92
  • Options

@Sports_Hangout: Charlton Athletic have enquired about MK Dons Stephen Gleeson, it's said Dons may sell if their valuation of 750k is met #CAFC #Twitter92

Good player
  • Options

has he even recovered from his broken leg yet?

• Options

I doubt we will spend anything like that sum on anyone. I am expecting some free signings but if we do splash the cash, more likely to be £100k to £250k at most, although no doubt will be "undisclosed".
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!