Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Would welcome him with open arms, really liked him when here.
  • Options

heavenSE7 said:

Just been told by the same friend that Waghorn is also in talks with Blackpool, Ipswich and Hudders. Let's hope he fancies a move to London!

Waghorn is an average Championship player who doesn't score enough goals for a striker. Would be 'underwhelmed' if we signed him.
    Agreed
  • Options
    Whatever happened to Matty Fryatt? Where's he these days?
  • Options

He's at Hull, but appeared in only four games last season due to a serious Achilles injury.

• Options

He's at Hull, but has been injured.
  • Options

He's at Hull, but appeared in only four games last season due to a serious Achilles injury.

Worth a go?
  • Options
    Waghorn would be useful, but i wouldn't be raving about it. Good squad player who can play on the wing or up front, but wouldnt say no
  • Options

12 Jun 2013 15:30:09
    Brentford will sign the following players

Lee Hodson Watford
    Jake Bidwell Everton
    Bradley Wright Phillips Charlton
    Dean Inman Hampton
    Tom Adeyemi Norwich

12 Jun 2013 13:12:22
    Obika set to sign for Charlton next week and will be unveiled in the new Home kit

12 Jun 2013 12:49:55
    Rotherham have placed bids for Charlton winger Danny Green and Crystal Palace forward Jason Banton.

12 Jun 2013 11:19:12
    Charlton looking to sign Noel Hunt and Sam Baldock to replace ricardo fuller and danny haynes

Oh Noel Hunt. He plays up front. ...........

• Options
    We're not allowed to sign anyone with any kind of injury record as they are crocked.
  • Options

heavenSE7 said:

Just been told by the same friend that Waghorn is also in talks with Blackpool, Ipswich and Hudders. Let's hope he fancies a move to London!

Waghorn is an average Championship player who doesn't score enough goals for a striker. Would be 'underwhelmed' if we signed him.
    Tend to agree; Waghorn's scoring rate is only one goal every five games. If we're going to make a serious challenge for the play-offs we need a striker to do better than that. I'm not convinced that Obika is the answer. Smith played in the League Cup tie against Orient last season and looked poor: lacking in ground skills and despite his height surprisingly ineffective in the air; experience on loan must have improved him. Baldock's scoring rate is about 1 in 3, and dare I say it - BWP's isn't far behind.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

heavenSE7 said:

And we're an average championship team working on a below average championship teams budget, not sure who some people expect us to sign
  • Options
    I remember being underwhelmed when Andy Hunt signed. Since then I give every signing a fair crack.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Don't rate waghorn

Same here
  • Options
    The first time I saw Waghorn was in the youth cup when Sunderland came and beat us about 5 or 6 years ago. HE was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch - including Solly and Shelvey.

Fast forward and it hasn't really happened for him but I think he is maybe being played slightly out of position. I reckon he'd make a cracking "in the hole" type of player off the front man/men. A sort of Jacko role. He is not a million miles from an Andy Reid type of player - good vision, not the biggest but pretty strong. With the right sort of coaching i'd like to think we could see the player who was bought for over £2m
  • Options
    To be fair to Waghorn he was part of maybe the worst Charlton side we've seen in recent years. I'd have him back.
  • Options
    Not really a Waghorn fan.

On a side note, heard Martin Allen on the radio on Sunday and he said that so far this has been the quietest summer he has ever known in terms of moves and speculation. Said it is absolutely dead at the moment.
  • Options
    What swisdom said he was a superb young player and if SCP can find the bits he has lost on the way he will be again

A free signing worth a punt
  • Options
    Waghorn's pace reminded me of Bradley Allen's, deceptively slow. They both looked like they were running really fast, but could never get away from lumbering 6'3" centre-backs. Also has had his fair share of injuries - a poor mans Danny Haynes.
  • Options

12 Jun 2013 15:30:09
    Brentford will sign the following players

Lee Hodson Watford
    Jake Bidwell Everton
    Bradley Wright Phillips Charlton
    Dean Inman Hampton
    Tom Adeyemi Norwich

12 Jun 2013 13:12:22
    Obika set to sign for Charlton next week and will be unveiled in the new Home kit

12 Jun 2013 12:49:55
    Rotherham have placed bids for Charlton winger Danny Green and Crystal Palace forward Jason Banton.

12 Jun 2013 11:19:12
    Charlton looking to sign Noel Hunt and Sam Baldock to replace ricardo fuller and danny haynes

Oh Noel Hunt. He plays up front. ...........

and his bruvver is a dirty little c**t
  • Options
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/320145/

Another long winded information packed story from The Star
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bubble said:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/320145/

Another long winded information packed story from The Star

Jacques Maghoma...

Only 5ft 9 though...
  • Options
    ^^^ Sorry, my attention got diverted to the Bikini Babe at the top. What did it say?
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH4yQLPif8M

Agents Video by the looks of it ..... But looks pretty useful, quick, direct, good footwork, passes to players with the same shirt on
  • Options
    I feel like Pardwat watching that video. I think I'll offer £7m.
  • Options

The strange thing is, despite the slow-motion bits to show off his footwork and the speeded-up bits to make him look quicker than he actually is - I'm not impressed. Too much activity for too little end product.

• Options

The strange thing is, despite the slow-motion bits to show off his footwork and the speeded-up bits to make him look quicker than he actually is - I'm not impressed. Too much activity for too little end product.

Can I point out that the video above was posted to youtube in 2009, he may have improved alot since then.
  • Options
    18 goals from the wing is a decent end product albeit in Div 4
  • Options
    Harry forrester
  • Options

Not bad. Even Callum Harriott would shine in Div 4.

• Options

Not bad. Even Callum Harriott would shine in Div 4.

Thought he shone in The Championship.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!