Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Matt Smith (big bruising out of contract Oldham centre forward) has signed for Leeds.
  • Options

Matt Smith has signed for Leeds.

That's good for them - Leeds fans are always wishing they could turn back time...
  • Options
    I'd take Simpson and Obika, I would be very pleased if we could have both of them up front next season with Yann. Very big IF though.
  • Options
    What are the least accurate, twitter rumours or FR rumours? Or are they both equally shit?
  • Options
    Depends where on twitter it comes from.
  • Options

What are the least accurate, twitter rumours or FR rumours? Or are they both equally shit?

Has to be FR. But twitter is pretty much all Bull**** to.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

We dont know how much the bid is yet though.

It could be two packets of hob nobs and a box of crispy kreme's

We can only afford tesco value bourbons and custard creams
  • Options
    3 things.

Firstly Cawleys tweet looks a bit sceptical with Maghomer (Marge and Homer) and Simpson featuring in one tweet.

Secondly his other tweet doesn't say the bid for Obika is from us. It could be a rumour related to us as we were after him.

Thirdly...or am I thinking too much and need to go to bed?
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Dizzle said:

We dont know how much the bid is yet though.

It could be two packets of hob nobs and a box of crispy kreme's

We can only afford tesco value bourbons and custard creams
    Too small.
  • Options
    Bent to Newcastle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    12 Jun 2013 01:08:05
    latest Bristol city news is aden flint has signed from Swindon for 300k.

other news is that sam baldock and steve davies are close to securing moves away from ashton gate. Baldock is going to Charlton for 900k and davies is going back to derby for 750k.

SO'D will turn his attention on getting 2 replacements. these are likely to be
    -Leroy lita-loan till jan, with a possible permanent switch if the loan goes well and city are challenging for promotion.
    -Zac Ansah will sign permanently for a fee around 500k.

It is also true that Adriano Basso has been offered a trial. the idea is to have him as a goalkeeper coach and reserve goalkeeper.

this is what my son in law told me who is on the board at Bristol city.

11 Jun 2013 14:07:04
    Charlton Athletic have enquired about the availability of MK Dons midfielder Stephen Gleeson, it's suggested Dons may sell if their valuation of 750k is met.

Can't see us valuing him that highly with only a year left on his deal. We'd be lucky to get £250K once it gets to the January window. And he's a free agent in six months from then.

Somewhere in the middle (£500K) by my reckoning. That's about right, I'd say.

Every single summer this happens; a Championship club enquires for Gleeson and he's supposedly certain to leave!

The only Championship club he'll be with is us when we're promoted.

11 Jun 2013 14:15:41
    Charlton are interested in Burton winger Jacques Maghoma and Jay Simpson, released by Hull. They have also tabled a bid for Spurs striker Jonathon Obika who had a successful loan spell at The Valley last season

DFT

Obika is free

*Now we know who it is who posts rumours on FR*

11 Jun 2013 11:27:26
    Charlton have tabled a bid for Jon Obika. Addicts also looking to sign Jay Simpson

Obika rumour is true. but Simpson was offered to us not the other way round.

We are after a Burton Winger I have been told

We are after Maghoma of Burton apparently

Hope this is not only true but Spurs are also reasonable with the price and Obika doesn't get gready when it comes to wages.
    Wasn't that impressed with him at first but that changed as he definitely was a key part of our end of season run.

Maghoma is a free agent so we have a chance now that money for transfer is not needed
  • Options
    Transfers ‏@ChampITKTrans 1h
    Danny Drinkwater of #lcfc has been transfer listed with #brfc and #cafc interested
  • Options
    BBC Sport's Saj Chowdhury reports:

"Newcastle are not interested in signing Aston Villa striker Darren Bent. Reports on Wednesday suggested that the Magpies were keen on bringing the 29-year-old former Sunderland forward back to the North East.

"Bent signed for Villa from Sunderland in January 2011 in a deal believed to be worth up to £24m. He scored 11 goals in his first full season, but only scored six in the last campaign having made just 23 appearances under manager Paul Lambert."
  • Options
    I had a dream that Powell was good friends with Lambert and Villa allowed Bent to join us on loan for the season (so that they didnt have to pay any further installments to Sunderland)
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

I had a dream that Powell was good friends with Lambert and Villa allowed Bent to join us on loan for the season (so that they didnt have to pay any further installments to Sunderland)

That is called a wet dream!
  • Options
    I don't doubt we're interested in some of these players but not for the fees being touted.
  • Options
    "off-field" announcement due...
  • Options
    Andrews deal it is. :-)
  • Options
    Happy with that.
  • Options
    12 Jun 2013 09:44:48
    Walsall are looking resigned to the fact they will be loosing last seasons top scorer and Northern Ireland international will grigg, after recieving a number of offers from championship clubs. Both Charlton and Brighton are thought to be in contention for his signature. Deal could be done as early as next week.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread is genuinely piss compared to the old one. Why was the other one shut down? Is it just attention whoring or is there a reason why the forum couldn't technically deal with a thread that was over used?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Transfers ‏@ChampITKTrans 1h
    Charlton want Alex Nimely on loan, he spent the end of last season at #cpfc #cafc #mcfc

12 Jun 2013 13:12:22
    Obika set to sign for Charlton next week and will be unveiled in the new Home kit
  • Options

iaitch said:

I think we'd get him if we offered chocolate hobnobs.

We're not run by Willy Wonka you know. We can't go around offering CHOCOLATE biscuits
    If it would help get him I would be happy to bake some home made chocolate brownies.
  • Options
    Been told that we are in talks with Martyn Waghorn.

If the old rumours thread was about you will see that I posted about us trying to get him on loan last summer and then we nearly signed him in January but went for Obika instead.

Would be happy with Obika, Waghorn, Kermit, Smith, Pigott (to go out on loan to L1 or L2) and one more striker / winger type.
  • Options
    heavenSE7 said:

Been told that we are in talks with Martyn Waghorn.

If the old rumours thread was about you will see that I posted about us trying to get him on loan last summer and then we nearly signed him in January but went for Obika instead.

Would be happy with Obika, Waghorn, Kermit, Smith, Pigott (to go out on loan to L1 or L2) and one more striker / winger type.

Heard Danny Haynes is available
  • Options
    I'd have waghorn. Not a goal machine but a good footballer and would be a useful sub for the yann role
  • Options
    12 Jun 2013 15:30:09
    Brentford will sign the following players

Lee Hodson Watford
    Jake Bidwell Everton
    Bradley Wright Phillips Charlton
    Dean Inman Hampton
    Tom Adeyemi Norwich

12 Jun 2013 13:12:22
    Obika set to sign for Charlton next week and will be unveiled in the new Home kit

12 Jun 2013 12:49:55
    Rotherham have placed bids for Charlton winger Danny Green and Crystal Palace forward Jason Banton.

12 Jun 2013 11:19:12
    Charlton looking to sign Noel Hunt and Sam Baldock to replace ricardo fuller and danny haynes
  • Options
    Just been told by the same friend that Waghorn is also in talks with Blackpool, Ipswich and Hudders. Let's hope he fancies a move to London!
  • Options
    Don't rate waghorn
  • Options
    heavenSE7 said:

Just been told by the same friend that Waghorn is also in talks with Blackpool, Ipswich and Hudders. Let's hope he fancies a move to London!

Waghorn is an average Championship player who doesn't score enough goals for a striker. Would be 'underwhelmed' if we signed him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!