Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    "He is signing for Charlton Athletic and will be loaned initially to Huelva. Hopefully he will score a lot of goals and then he can move forward," Anderson said.
  • Options
    Don't you just love agents...that's some stretch comparing him with Falcao!

;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013

"He is signing for Charlton Athletic and will be loaned initially to Huelva. Hopefully he will score a lot of goals and then he can move forward," Anderson said.

But will he score a helluva lot of goals for Huelva?
  • Options
    thai-fussball.com ‏@thaifussballde
    Jamal Campbell-Ryce finally arrived in Nakhon Ratchasima today to start his trial with the club. #NCFC #notts #swatcat #ballthai
  • Options
    Jerome Thomas currently at Palace trying to agree terms.

Hate ex players going to Palace!
  • Options
    30 year old who blew hot and cold with us....if that's the level of player they're signing, I'm quite pleased..!
  • Options
    Granted. Still hate ex players going there! Unless it helps them come back down, that is of course ;)
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

30 year old who blew hot and cold with us....if that's the level of player they're signing, I'm quite pleased..!

But who has done well for WBA since leaving us about 5 years ago.

Not a bad signing for them and cheap as well I'd imagine.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

But who has done well for WBA since leaving us about 5 years ago.

Not a bad signing for them and cheap as well I'd imagine.
    Holloway likes him, Pards loaned him out to Blackpool when we were relegated from the prem.
  • Options
    Just the kind of player olly has built his career on. He has a happy knack of rescuing wasted talent even if only on a short term basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely holloway didn't join Blackpool until after we'd left the Prem party? Think Grayson was the manager when we played them in the CCC?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thomas has never been on loan to Blackpool
    *EDIT - He may have played under Holloway at QPR as a youngster when still with Arsenal
  • Options

thai-fussball.com ‏@thaifussballde
    Jamal Campbell-Ryce finally arrived in Nakhon Ratchasima today to start his trial with the club. #NCFC #notts #swatcat #ballthai

Bloody hell that would be a culture shock. Went via there to Khao Yai, didn't look the sort of place to stay a night. That would be a really random move.
  • Options
    Good to see agent Thomas doing his job and moving to Palarse ; )
  • Options

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 36s
    Stoke City release Jermaine Pennant, Dean Whitehead, Carlo Nash, Matthew Upson, Rory Delap, Matthew Lund & Mamady Sidibe. #scfc #bbcfootball

Could we tempt Dean Whitehead to the Valley?

Pennant has now been offered a 1 year deal, 12 days after being released.

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22958716
  • Options
    Filling Zaha's boots will put a load of pressure on Thomas.
  • Options
    Transfers To Be ‏@TransfersToBe 32m
    Charlton are considering selling Yann Kermorgant to Fulham who have offered £3m #cafc #ffc

Twitter is getting as bad as FR
  • Options
    99% chance of being wrong but if the 1% is correct he is gone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Yes that is true, we'd be foolish to reject £3 million in any case at the moment.
  • Options
    Not a rumour as such, but Simeon Jackson is back from holiday and is in and around London.

Hopefully doesn't mean he will sign for Millwall in the next week or so, he would be an excellent signing if we could get him in.

Would be very, very happy with 3 strikers of Kermorgant, Obika and Jackson. Add another or depending on the situation, one of the youngsters, that isn't too bad at all.

Personally expecting a signing or two, to be announced by the end of next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we'll need four strikers.
  • Options
    Kerms, Obika, S.Jackson, C.Donaldson.

That would do me nicely
  • Options
    Sage said:

Not a rumour as such, but Simeon Jackson is back from holiday and is in and around London.

Hopefully doesn't mean he will sign for Millwall in the next week or so, he would be an excellent signing if we could get him in.

Would be very, very happy with 3 strikers of Kermorgant, Obika and Jackson. Add another or depending on the situation, one of the youngsters, that isn't too bad at all.

Personally expecting a signing or two, to be announced by the end of next week.

Don't think we or the spanners can afford his £12k-£15k aweek wages.

• Options

source for these numbers?
  • Options
    Elliott Ward has signed for Bournemouth:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22968449

AFC Bournemouth: Elliott Ward urges Cherries consistency

New Bournemouth signing Elliott Ward has urged his new team-mates to adapt to life in the Championship quickly.
    The Cherries return to English football's second tier after an absence of more than two decades and will host Charlton on the opening day.
    And Ward, who has spent several seasons in the Championship, knows what to expect from the division.
    "We need to try and start well and get the consistency straight away," Ward told BBC Radio Solent.
    Ward, 28, began his career at West Ham but was signed by Coventry for £1m in 2006 and moved to Norwich on a free transfer in May 2010.
    He has struggled with a persistent knee injury and spent much of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest.
    There was much interest in the centre-back, who joined the Cherries on Tuesday, but Ward says manager Eddie Howe sold the vision of the club to him and he is relishing working with Bournemouth's boss.
    "The biggest pull for me was how much the manager wanted to bring me here," he said.
    "After meeting with the manager I was very impressed with the ambition and where they want to go.
    "I enjoyed my time at Norwich, the decision wasn't taken lightly, and I had to talk it over with the family but that was quite simple as it (Bournemouth) is a lovely place,
    "The more they sold the club to me it became an easy decision.
    "There was a lot of interest but when things start to get a bit serious it starts to cool but I did have to make a decision and I'm very pleased with the one I've made."
    Ward added: "The meetings I had with him (Howe) were very productive, they told me how they want to play and that was massive for me.
    "I've also heard a lot from players who know him and how he works and how they enjoy it. That was one of the pulls that brought me here and I cannot wait to get started."
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Elliott Ward has signed for Bournemouth:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22968449

New Bournemouth signing Elliott Ward has urged his new team-mates to adapt to life in the Championship quickly.
    The Cherries return to English football's second tier after an absence of more than two decades and will host Charlton on the opening day.
    And Ward, who has spent several seasons in the Championship, knows what to expect from the division.
    "We need to try and start well and get the consistency straight away," Ward told BBC Radio Solent.
    Ward, 28, began his career at West Ham but was signed by Coventry for £1m in 2006 and moved to Norwich on a free transfer in May 2010.
    He has struggled with a persistent knee injury and spent much of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest.
    There was much interest in the centre-back, who joined the Cherries on Tuesday, but Ward says manager Eddie Howe sold the vision of the club to him and he is relishing working with Bournemouth's boss.
    "The biggest pull for me was how much the manager wanted to bring me here," he said.
    "After meeting with the manager I was very impressed with the ambition and where they want to go.
    "I enjoyed my time at Norwich, the decision wasn't taken lightly, and I had to talk it over with the family but that was quite simple as it (Bournemouth) is a lovely place,
    "There was a lot of interest but when things start to get a bit serious it starts to cool but I did have to make a decision and I'm very pleased with the one I've made."
    Ward added: "The meetings I had with him (Howe) were very productive, they told me how they want to play and that was massive for me.
    "I've also heard a lot from players who know him and how he works and how they enjoy it. That was one of the pulls that brought me here and I cannot wait to get started."

Thought this was a Rumours thread...?
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Richard J said:

Thought this was a Rumours thread...?
    Put it in because he is a player who from time to time has been linked with us and there does not seem to be a better place to put it.

• Options

source for these numbers?
    Just my Assumption that there are few grounds to think Fulham would pay £3 million for a 31 year old that has never played in the Premier League but if they did I suspect Chatlton would be willing to sell.

• Options
    From FR

19 Jun 2013 04:09:45
    Marlon Pack to sign for Charlton after a move to Bournemouth has not materialised.

18 Jun 2013 20:34:44
    Oldham in talks with Doncaster over a deal to bring billy paynter to boundary park. Korea smith is also set to sign this week however mvoto is on his way to charlton on a free transfer

Paynter is under contract at Donny.

Maybe K Smith but other clubs will want him.

Really need to stop making things up as LJ is on holiday and he already knows the players who he is signing.

Paynter is contracted until 2014.

Smith is NOT coming to BP. Highly doubt Paynter would come. However, M'voto is a possibility (having said that i'm sure he said he likes where he lives)

18 Jun 2013 19:14:49
    Charlton are interested in taking Hibs goal keeper Ben Williams back down south.

Could this be because button is leaving?

This rumour first started on the 2nd June. It was also suggested that once he signs for CAFC he is being loaned straight out. What does look certain is that he is not ready for championship football with a team pushing for promotion.
  • Options
    Mvoto was linked to us a few years back. Huge.

Ben Williams? Ex-United keeper? Buying a 30 year old and loaning him out never usually happens.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!