Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney heading takeover??

Comments

• Options

It could be Gillingham or Millwall?

Or Crystal Palace who may be playing in the premiership next season....

Palace are certainly an option, but their ground is inferior to ours, they need a new ground, whereas ours is largely built already.

Besides, can you really see Peter Varney leading a takeover of Crystal Palace :-)
    Could he be shutting them down...?
  • Options
    ^^^^^ = Agent Varney.

Turn up, get them to change their club badge and colours, sell their better players, sell another stand to Sainsburys, ban flags, flares and cheerleaders, run them into the ground, enter administration then sell to Brighton as a feeder club.
  • Options
    Isn't their club badge already borrowed from Ron Noades' golf clubs? Aren't their colours already borrowed from Barca? Isn't their ground already borrowed from Sainsbury's car park? Shutting them down would be a kindness.
  • Options

^^^^^ = Agent Varney.

Turn up, get them to change their club badge and colours, sell their better players, sell another stand to Sainsburys, ban flags, flares and cheerleaders, run them into the ground, enter administration then sell to Brighton as a feeder club.

rikofold said:

Isn't their club badge already borrowed from Ron Noades' golf clubs? Aren't their colours already borrowed from Barca? Isn't their ground already borrowed from Sainsbury's car park? Shutting them down would be a kindness.

• Options

^^^^^ = Agent Varney.

Revenge for what Agent Dowie did to us...
  • Options

First post on here.

So let me just clarify where things stand.

I got the press release sent to me regarding Peter Varney and thought it was of interest that a former Charlton employee was being appointed with what seems the very clear directive of acquiring a football club.

I didn't say in my tweets that PV is going to lead a takeover of Charlton. I've got no idea which clubs are or are not in KEH's sights.

I hope that makes things a little clearer.

The reason I didn't come on to comment last night are very unexciting. I went to bed before I'd been accepted to post here.

I never made out it was some big exclusive on our website. There are a whole loads of ifs, buts and maybes before any takeover happens at any club. To my mind it isn't huge news until someone hears that they are making a move for a club.

You're being too humble Rich. I reckon there's something in this one and I think you do too. The interest in Eastbourne was reportedly about one guy's affinity for a town, so if that's turned into a serious ambition to own a football club there won't be many better options than little old Charlton right now. The infrastructure's in place, we own our own stadium, there's a solid improving squad with a seriously talented young manager, a 15k committed fan base, most of the debt is friendly - and we own our own badge to boot.

So, that Varney's been recruited, with his detailed insider knowledge on a certain South East London club close to our hearts - and with a unique experience regarding our readiness for takeover - says to me that his value is more than just a general knowledge of running/selling a football club. Time will tell, nothing may come of it, but I'd bet there's more in this than Koc Holding.
  • Options

^^^^^ = Agent Varney.

Revenge for what Agent Dowie did to us...
    Agent Lennie did little for us...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The more I think about the less likely it seems that KEH will come in for Charlton.

Other than Varney there is no link, just another middle eastern investment co.

I don't doubt that PDV will try and influence any decisions our way but from the Eastbourne link it seems they want a Club in its own town/region they can develop, possibly alongside hotel and leisure developments as that is their main operation.

Add to that the theory that while PDV might be willing to do business TJ isn't the sort to let bygones be bygones and make a deal with a man he is suing.

It will be very frustrating if they pick up a club in a seaside town with a large catchment area that they can develop over time while we sit and wonder what might have been.

Southend seem a possible choice. Have planning permission for a new build stadium but no money but they do have a CEO who knows Varney : - )
  • Options
    was Eastbourne serious interest or just a community sweetener for another deal?
  • Options
    Henry, Southend is the correct answer thankyou, it makes sense to us , if not for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

was Eastbourne serious interest or just a community sweetener for another deal?

As Carl Jenkinson played for Eastborne on loan I can see a clear link between the clubs.

• Options
    They could buy Charlton,also build hotel in Greenwich.
  • Options

The more I think about the less likely it seems that KEH will come in for Charlton.

Other than Varney there is no link, just another middle eastern investment co.

I don't doubt that PDV will try and influence any decisions our way but from the Eastbourne link it seems they want a Club in its own town/region they can develop, possibly alongside hotel and leisure developments as that is their main operation.

Add to that the theory that while PDV might be willing to do business TJ isn't the sort to let bygones be bygones and make a deal with a man he is suing.

It will be very frustrating if they pick up a club in a seaside town with a large catchment area that they can develop over time while we sit and wonder what might have been.

Southend seem a possible choice. Have planning permission for a new build stadium but no money but they do have a CEO who knows Varney : - )

This just confirms it in my view. Henry is clearly IN THE KNOW, and is trying to put up a smokescreen to divert attention. It's all most definitely on ;-)
  • Options
    Is anyone else reporting this apparent story yet or is it still just the SLP?
  • Options
    who else would be interested in it atm?
  • Options
    The President of Eastbourne Town is a Charlton Supporter. Irrelevant, probably, but still a link.
  • Options
    If no deal is in place at least it's one pre-season sorted
  • Options
    Why don't RM offer to buy Cafc from TJ and KC

Using money that was secretly given to him by PV

Then RM sell the club immediately to PV for a £1 coin

Job done sorted move on

Or PV give me the dough I will by it and sell it to them for a £1 coin
  • Options
    Not sure personalities come into business dealings of this magnitude. Business is business as they say.
  • Options
    The thing I cant get my head round is why release a press statement to a South London Newspaper connecting someone with known links to Charlton in the first place if you had no intention of purchasing a S London football club? If the SLP reported he had a new role and this was the purpose of the role fair enough - but then a statement given what appears solely to the SLP - doesnt add up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bubble said:

The thing I cant get my head round is why release a press statement to a South London Newspaper connecting someone with known links to Charlton in the first place if you had no intention of purchasing a S London football club? If the SLP reported he had a new role and this was the purpose of the role fair enough - but then a statement given what appears solely to the SLP - doesnt add up

Agreed, seems odd they'd send a press release to a small regional newspaper when the company that's based in Kuwait's mission is to invest in a football club in Europe.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that Varney has used Rich and the SLP to release stuff before.
    Let's see what comes out over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Varney has apparently done it re Charlton/Jimenez etc. The question is why ?
  • Options

Bubble said:

Agreed, seems odd they'd send a press release to a small regional newspaper when the company that's based in Kuwait's mission is to invest in a football club in Europe.
    Particularly as a google search for 'KEH Sports Ltd' brings up no other links than the SLP (plus related south london papers) and this CL thread. If this was really a 'press release' then surely either the official release itself or someone like the press association/sky sports or whatever would have at least a mention of it - but nothing a day after Cawley tweeted it?

• Options
    TJ doesn't want to sell to them, Varney goes public to start to put the heat on
  • Options
    barstool said:

That's what I was thinking.
  • Options

If no deal is in place at least it's one pre-season sorted

It all makes sense now , thats why the Preseason Friendlies have not been announced yet? :-0

• Options
    Maybe slp put it in as they thought cafc fans would be interested in what the former ceo of 11 yrs was doing now and nothing more? He's got columns to fill after all.

Or, that could be too sensible and there is loads going on that we can make up theories about?

I'm thinking somewhere between the 2.
  • Options
    barstool said:

ITK or a guess? Just i know peter varney has connections on this board...