Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney heading takeover??

Comments

• Options
    management buy out?........Roll on investment?........just guessing
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Every saying (or at least insinuating) that TJ is the owner/ major shareholder. I thought he was a front man for someone else (kevin Cash?).

Does anyone actually know for certain who owns what?

Jimenez bought Cash out, I know for a fact.
    Then why is slater still there..??

• Options

FFS Red Rob here we were having a level headed debate about a possible takeover of our beloved club and you bring pictures of scantily clad babes into it...

Well done BTW

Happy to help. Don't understand why Cawley didn't mention this earlier. Lazy journalism if you ask me.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Every saying (or at least insinuating) that TJ is the owner/ major shareholder. I thought he was a front man for someone else (kevin Cash?).

Slater still owns a stake from memory less than 20% but don't quote me.

• Options

cafc999 said:

CAFCsayer said:

I though slater was cash's front man

• Options
    cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

CAFCsayer said:

I think he was but also had a personal if much smaller interest. I don't believe Cash is gone. Just not playing.

• Options
    Sorry everyone jargonism at its worst from me, but as others have said - ROI is Return on investment, MBO is Management buy-out.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Sorry only pics of ronaldos misstress to be
    Discussed

8p

fabwags.com/brazilian-miss-bumbum-andressa-urach-cristiano-ronaldos-affair/
    Hugely overrated. She would be like shagging a muscleman. Too manly and fake for my liking

Rough, she's ripped... Abs on a bird is a massive turnoff
    cafc999 said:

CAFCsayer said:

No clue, don't know how he is related.
    cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

CAFCsayer said:

So did I but have recently found out otherwise.
  • Options
    razil said:

was Eastbourne serious interest or just a community sweetener for another deal?

I understand it was pretty serious at the time. Not sure why it fell through, but will be asking around.
  • Options
    I for one will be disappointed if they sack Chris Powell and put Dennis Wise in charge and change our shirts to blue because that's the lucky Kuwaiti colour. IF we survive until the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Eastbourne Borough is a (CIC). In keeping with that, the EBFC Chairman asked for assurances from Keh that club would not get worked over in years to come and Keh couldn't give those assurances. That's what he said; the club's official statement said Keh chose to walk away. The two statements are not incompatible.

From Stenhousemuir FC site : "What is a CIC?

A few years ago a new type of company structure was established by the Government and called a 'Community Interest Company' (CIC). A CIC adds an ethical dimension to corporate law. A CIC is similar to a normal company and SFC CIC will therefore continue to be run by a Board of Directors who will employ people, borrow money, and trade as before. A CIC is subject to normal company law, but it must additionally act for the good of the community, and has other restrictions that prevent its profits and assets being diverted away from its supporters and the community. More information about CIC can be obtained at: http://www.cicregulator.gov.uk/."

Some discussion among EBFC supporters here:

eborosupporter.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=5718
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    Can someone please fill me in on TJ suing Varney or vice versa? I must have missed it.
  • Options
    Is PV the kind of guy who would derive pleasure out of getting fellow CAFC fans excited over nothing? So why the press release to R Cawley?
    Would PV likely be enticed out of retirement to work for a Kuwait company for any reason other than helping Charlton? Many would say yes, high salary etc. I'd say given his history of having left CAFC before, then working tirelessly behind the scenes to find suitable investors, I'd say no. I've never met the man, but for me, he's motivated by his love of CAFC, not by big bucks and not by a desire to climb the career ladder. Thanks Peter and good luck.
  • Options

So lets get this straight.....Peter Varney has joined a Kuwaiti investment group who once tried to buy Eastbourne Football Club but bought a water park instead and even though Varney has fallen out with Tony Jimenez over of the size Ronaldo's adam's apple and the role of a certain Brazilian transsexual called Miss Bum Bum it is obvious that the same Kuwaiti investment group will buy Charlton in the next few days, possibly with technical advice from Red Midland, who knows a thing or two about ROI and MBO, because Varney leaked the news to a well known local sports reporter who couldn't publish the news because he had to go to bed early.

This is really beginning to make sense...
  • Options

So lets get this straight.....Peter Varney has joined a Kuwaiti investment group who once tried to buy Eastbourne Football Club but bought a water park instead and even though Varney has fallen out with Tony Jimenez over of the size Ronaldo's adam's apple and the role of a certain Brazilian transsexual called Miss Bum Bum it is obvious that the same Kuwaiti investment group will buy Charlton in the next few days, possibly with technical advice from Red Midland, who knows a thing or two about ROI and MBO, because Varney leaked the news to a well known local sports reporter who couldn't publish the news because he had to go to bed early.

in a nutshell & pmsl.

• Options
    cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

CAFCsayer said:

The one thing I am sure of...is that we'll never know what the relationship is between Cash, Slater and TJ and any other investors.

• Options

Post of the year, made me smile
  • Options
    Thanks Grumps, finally a summary that makes some sense.
  • Options

Thanks Grumps, finally a summary that makes some sense.

Round of applause for Grumpy, it all seems so clear now...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

lol superb
  • Options
    you can rely on Grumpy, excellent post
  • Options
    2+2=4
  • Options
    A seious comment on this Varney story. If it is true he is theCEO of this Kuwait investmant company, then he will do what is best for the investors of this company not what is best for Charlton, that is his duty. So I would expect to see no interest from this direction in investing in Charlton.
  • Options

2+2=4

Source????

• Options
    msomerton said:

A seious comment on this Varney story. If it is true he is theCEO of this Kuwait investmant company, then he will do what is best for the investors of this company not what is best for Charlton, that is his duty. So I would expect to see no interest from this direction in investing in Charlton.

No need for level headed opinion on this thread Mr Msomerton, move on...
  • Options
    sralan said:

2+2=4

Source????

I'd ignore it. That rumour has been knocking around for millenia! My dad told me it before I could walk!

;-)
  • Options
    As much as I would love to believe that this is pointing towards our being taken over by a PV led consortium, I fear that expecting such a thing is only going to lead to disappointment. CAFC connection or not, he has serious experience and expertise in this area and anyone thinking of taking over any English football club would benefit from that.

I am hoping for the best, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Let's face it - we've been here before!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Excellent post @grumpaddick made me smile and its sums it all up nicely ;-)
  • Options

As much as I would love to believe that this is pointing 8towards our being taken over by a PV led consortium, I fear that expecting such a thing is only going to lead to disappointment. CAFC connection or not, he has serious experience and expertise in this area and anyone thinking of taking over any English football club would benefit from that.

I am hoping for the best, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Let's face it - we've been here before!

We are still under a Varney orchesteated and supported ownership.I hope for a rich, club securing tatakeover but remember that the owners we have now were brought to the table bt Varney.