Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney heading takeover??

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    What a top man Peter Varney is. The best thing RD could do is splash the cash on some solid Championship players, keep us up and sell us.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    According to another forum, it is being reported that The Charlton hierarchy put the bait out to see if there was a buyer, in November I think, or words to that effect. Please forgive my interpretation.
    Here is the comment-:

As I mentioned back in November, Charlton were mentioned in certain circles to be looking for a new buyer. There will be interest.

Followed in another post with-:

All indications were that the hook had been baited by the Charlton hierarchy.

• Options

According to another forum, it is being reported that The Charlton hierarchy put the bait out to see if there was a buyer, in November I think, or words to that effect. Please forgive my interpretation.

Pity they didn't tell RM !

• Options

Here is the comment-:

As I mentioned back in November, Charlton were mentioned in certain circles to be looking for a new buyer. There will be interest.

And then not want or bother to speak to the prey.

I'm afraid this is all wishful thinking.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The real sad thing is that Richard Murray will taint the fantastic work he did in the first part of his tenure at CAFC, until his ego got the better of him and decided that getting one over his adversary Simon Jordan was more important than having a clear coherent career path for Charlton.
    IF he is the reason that Peter Varney was blocked ?
    Then he will become the Panto villain and Persona non grata.

We are all judged in life by our allegiances and the company we keep.

To use a CL Phase ?

Move on Richard.
  • Options

Here is the comment-:

Hi @ShootersHillGuru, yes you could be right, but the person who has posted this does seem to be correct on many things Charlton. I have no idea who they are, but just thought I'd post anyway, you never know there maybe something in it. I agree about not responding though, perhaps they just won't speak to PV because of past differences?
  • Options

Here is the comment-:

Or Murray encouraged them to ignore Varney but speak to other potential buyers?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Here is the comment-:

Maybe more likely ...or wanted a bidding war so seeking an alternative to Varney
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Scoham said:

Here is the comment-:

Maybe more likely ...or wanted a bidding war so seeking an alternative to Varney
    I fear it is wishful thinking. Even if they wanted to start a bidding war, at the very least you'd engage with the first enquirer. From what RD has said to the Belgian press, you get the feeling that he is losing his enthusaism for his football project, but unlike the spivs, he doesn't need to sell.

I suppose the author of this rumour was "Angeldust" on ITTV? He's obviously very well connected but has made some wrong calls in the past
  • Options
    Feckin' hell, he named himself after PCP! Not even once!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if PV's investor is the Jordanian billionaire? He was in the press 10 days ago wanting a club then we had the leaked emails in the VOTV.
  • Options
    Seems like a good time to bump this given the two snippets on the transfer thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    10:39AM
    Henry Irving said:
    » show previous quotes
    Ed • 14 hours 32 minutes ago
    3 0
    Mr. Plumb, maybe this will give you cause for hope? This is from Colinthailand a couple of dyas ago:
    I pulled on to the rank at Orpington station where I have a couple of pals working, Orpington comes under the London borough of Bromley and is the most Southernly taxi rank I am allowed to work......second job who jumps in RIO FERDINAND.....Farnbrough park please mate, Rio looked very well and I said to him " Apart from England's performance how was Paris". He told me he had a great time with the other lads out there, we briefly discussed the favourites for the job of England manager, he asked me who I fancied , I told him I know it would never happen but " Your old boss would be my favourite" He laughed and said " Fergie would set us up to lose on purpose the scotch git"..............Rio had to get out of the cab to put a code into the first security gate and made sure the code was hidden from view, We then come to the house he had built for his mum and drove to the side of that where he had to get out and do the same thing with another code to open a security gate, when he got back in again I said to him " Anyway Rio I know nothing about football I'm a Charlton fan " he was quiet for a minute ,we pulled up outside his door and he got out and paid me with £1 tip he then said to me " I happen to know that by Christmas or the new year Charlton fans are going to be getting some very good news" I asked him if that meant he was buying the club ? He smiled and said " No but big big money is getting involved" ....I said " come on you can't leave me hanging like that ". Rio laughed and said " have a busy night mate and take care" We shook hands and he went inside..................Maybe something in that , who knows. If not, why would he say it?

WSS
    10:54AM
    I'm in jury service at the moment and by coincidence there is somebody from Dartford FC here.

They've heard that PV is back in the game with regards to us (they don't like him, rude to DFC in dealings apparently). Recent development as well.

Not sure how true but it's a transfer rumour of sorts.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016
    No idea whether any of it, is true but it is definitely cheerful news, even if it is just talk that a sale is in the air.

Duchatelet sold off all the silver before leaving Standard Liege. Selling off all of your best players does not indicate that he is planning a quick return to the Championship. It would make sense for him to go at this point, Duchatelet is not going to make any money and after this season, it is going to be difficult to cover losses. One thing Duchatelet is very keen on, is money. I am sure that a sufficient offer will overcome any reservations that Duchatlet has to a potential sale.
  • Options
    My money/ extremely wishful thinking is on PV fronting a bid from David Beckham. Well, what else is there but hope?
  • Options
    The good news will be Palace at the bottom of the league, and the Big Money will be Super Al's 5-year contract getting paid up by Palace.
  • Options
    Not sure what to make of the latest.

No idea why Rio would have any info on timescales even if there was something going on. Also hard to see if WSSs jury source is correct about PV why Rio would have any information on that at all.

My guess is that Rio is total nonsense and that like a dog with a bone PV is still working away behind the scenes.

We live in hope.
  • Options

Not sure what to make of the latest.

No idea why Rio would have any info on timescales even if there was something going on. Also hard to see if WSSs jury source is correct about PV why Rio would have any information on that at all.

My guess is that Rio is total nonsense and that like a dog with a bone PV is still working away behind the scenes.

We live in hope.

Football is a very insular game - inside the game everyone knows everyone and there aren't many secrets.

As has been said - Roland sold everyone worth anything as soon as he was ready to sell so there may be hope.

But as we all know - it's the hope that kills you

• Options
    If people like Rio know what's going on at Charlton then you can be sure journalists would too. They have column inches to fill daily.

I doubt anything is very different from when PV last informed us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't Paul Elliot live in Farnbrough Park?

And Peter Varney also lives in Bromley?

• Options
    Paul Elliot lives in Keston I believe
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Next door then
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Next door then
    Is it too early for the 'It's happening gif'? And don't give me that bog standard WIOTOW :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Next door then
    Is it too early for the 'It's happening gif'? And don't give me that bog standard WIOTOW :wink:
    WIOTOS

Far far too early but I know nothing about it.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Rio knows Beckham.I will say no more.

Source?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

Next door then
    WIOTOS

Far far too early but I know nothing about it.
    I prefer 'Website' but bear with me, I'll try and get it right next time :wink:
  • Options
    A few months back I was in the barbers at Locksbottom, Rio had his barnet done at the same time as me. Cost him £25 and me £13. He has a fare bit more hair than me. That's the only piece of inside info I will share.
    I didn't mention football to him as we would clearly be at two ends of the spectrum with our football knowledge, not that he will ever be bothered by that. Although I should have asked why, while playing for England, did he, every bloody time the ball was passed back to him did he lump forward at some imaginary 8 foot forward?
  • Options

A few months back I was in the barbers at Locksbottom, Rio had his barnet done at the same time as me. Cost him £25 and me £13. He has a fare bit more hair than me. That's the only piece of inside info I will share.
    I didn't mention football to him as we would clearly be at two ends of the spectrum with our football knowledge, not that he will ever be bothered by that. Although I should have asked why, while playing for England, did he, every bloody time the ball was passed back to him did he lump forward at some imaginary 8 foot forward?

Wasn't Crouch playing then?