Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Varney heading takeover??

Comments

• I've ordered a in a ton of popcorn from Makro for the summer.
  • Google Search shows that Dr Abdulla Alhumaidi is also a Director at Armila Capital.

Armila Capital seem to be involved with similar type projects, leisure, property etc.

One of their emplyees used to work at Hanover Private

Hanover Private is where Alex Newall (ex Director) works.

Interesting...probably not, but who knows.
  • Hanover Private is quite a small fairly un impressive office address in Marylebone. Seems an unlikely coincidence tbh. Intriguing.
  • Not overly impressive is it.
  • are we rich yet?

all hail modern football and the instant fix.
  • Brunello said:

razil said:

If pv was to be that heavily involved in another club he surely could not continue his work for CACT?

Why not?
    let's say he was ceo of a championship or prem club (which is what I mean by involvement) wouldn't there be a conflict if he was developing community schemes for a rival club?
  • Brilliant news, means we can finally afford to buy simeon jackson and billy sharp

Carol Jackson and Billy Mitchell are more likely!
  • First post on here.

So let me just clarify where things stand.

I got the press release sent to me regarding Peter Varney and thought it was of interest that a former Charlton employee was being appointed with what seems the very clear directive of acquiring a football club.

I didn't say in my tweets that PV is going to lead a takeover of Charlton. I've got no idea which clubs are or are not in KEH's sights.

I hope that makes things a little clearer.

The reason I didn't come on to comment last night are very unexciting. I went to bed before I'd been accepted to post here.

I never made out it was some big exclusive on our website. There are a whole loads of ifs, buts and maybes before any takeover happens at any club. To my mind it isn't huge news until someone hears that they are making a move for a club.

• well that was boring!

Can you get a refund on the popcorn GWE?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2013
    And breathe.
  • Fairly predictable. There is a long long long way between the tweets last night and us getting on the gravytrain. I don't think Richard Cawley ever made a connection beyond the natural Peter Varney link to us.
  • First post on here.

I got the press release sent to me regarding Peter Varney and thought it was of interest that a former Charlton employee was being appointed with what seems the very clear directive of acquiring a football club.

I didn't say in my tweets that PV is going to lead a takeover of Charlton. I've got no idea which clubs are or are not in KEH's sights.

The reason I didn't come on to comment last night are very unexciting. I went to bed before I'd been accepted to post here.

I never made out it was some big exclusive on our website. There are a whole loads of ifs, buts and maybes before any takeover happens at any club. To my mind it isn't huge news until someone hears that they are making a move for a club.

You went to bed? You got the press release sent to you? You have no idea which clubs are in their sights?

Hmm... all a bit convenient... reading between the lines I think the message is that the deal is on and it's getting announced on the pitch at half time on Saturday!
  • edited April 2013
    Welcome Richard.
  • Let's get it done early

First post on here.

but...who sent you the press release?
  • Cheers Richard. And welcome btw
  • First post on here.

You went to bed? You got the press release sent to you? You have no idea which clubs are in their sights?

Hmm... all a bit convenient... reading between the lines I think the message is that the deal is on and it's getting announced on the pitch at half time on Saturday!
    PMSL
  • Bring back Newsshopper!
  • I went to bed before I'd been accepted to post here.

one of my favourite ever comments on CL.

Mr Cawley, you are already a legend.
  • Welcome to the madhouse that is CL when there's no football to talk about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the updates richcawleySLP, Welcome to LIFE.
  • Say hello to Kate at the SLP for me please.
    ;-)
  • Macronate - It can't all be rock + roll in my life. I have to have recharge periods.
  • tbh, i'd love the opportunity to do a job like yours.

anyway, back to the impending takeover.
  • edited April 2013
    richcawleySLP you do realise that everything you write on here will be picked through with a fine tooth comb for hidden meanings and such like ect ect... the fact you have now written more than two posts shows me that, ITS ALL BACK ON... were gunna be rich, rich i tell thee!!!

cant wait to tell me spanner neighbour where to stick it, im gunna go give him a nock now :~)
  • bloodnut said:

richcawleySLP you do realise that everything you write on here will be picked through with a fine tooth comb for hidden meanings and such like ect ect

ect ect ? That toothcomb fine enough for you? ;-))

• Congratulations Peter on your new job. Need a PA?
  • Congratulations Peter on your new job. Need a PA?

had Nathan earmarked for that one ;-)

• Hi Richard, thanks for coming on here and explaining a few things , you've probably killed this thread to about another million views and 10,000 posts, so thanks for cutting down my valuable reading time, as well as pointing me in the direction of a good nights sleep.

Can you get a refund on the popcorn GWE?
    Bugger!