Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Charlton kit 2013/14

Comments

• Options

As a fan I say thank you to Andrews Sykes for putting money into the club. It's all been said but they are local and honourable and they deserve our thanks and support. It's a tough world out there right now and we should be glad we have them on board.

well said
  • Options

As a fan I say thank you to Andrews Sykes for putting money into the club. It's all been said but they are local and honourable and they deserve our thanks and support. It's a tough world out there right now and we should be glad we have them on board.

• Options
    Agreed it seems a bit churlish to look the gift horse in the mouth, then turn it down in case a bigger one, is in theory, around the corner.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Just wrong.

What's wrong?

Most of it, Check out my post above.

I forgot Cabrini but they are still going.

• Options

Most of it, Check out my post above.

I forgot Cabrini but they are still going.

You were being pretty pedantic when you criticised the accuracy of this post. In your posting you state KRBS / Viglen / Andrews were still going, it's a bit early for Andrews as they are our current sponsor (and I'm very grateful and wish them well) but both KRBS & Viglen lost their independence, and as I stated above in the case of KRBS contracted.

FADS and Woolwich did continue after sponsoring us but ultimately went, so hardly a glittering recommendation for sponsoring us, and as I stated LLanera, Allsports and MESH are no longer with us.

Whether this means that my original post was "just wrong" is a matter of opinion, what is the case is that none of our sponsors flourished after sponsoring us, unless the aim was to raise the profile enough to attract takeover. And that's why I think criticising Andrews for not being a high enough profile sponsor is wrong, we haven't got a great track record, and in the current climate should be realistic with what he have attracted.
  • Options
    "that none of our sponsors flourished after sponsoring us, unless the aim was to raise the profile enough to attract takeover."

Being taken over doesn't mean they went under. It could be they are still good business worth taking over.

As for the FADS and Woolwich how long does this Charlton curse last. It was decades after so they did flourish.

Cabrini and Mesh are still going.

Funny how pointing out that you got it wrong is pedantic when I'd posted the list of sponsors and what happened to them BEFORE you posted. What you posted was just wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Woolwich stopped sponsoring us in 1992 and Barclays launched takeover in 1999 completing the following year, I was a Woolwich employee, we were bought for our Mortgage book, and the rest of the business was of little importance. Seven years is marginally less than decades. I have no idea when FADS were taken over ( I think by Payless).

MESH went into administration eventually, after various management changes, in 2011.

Im sorry I hadn't read your definitive original post when I posted my pathetic attempt to highlight the fact that sponsoring our club hasn't been the most successful, and we should be pleased that Andrews have renewed as we were unlikely to have mega corporations beating a path to the Valley.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Why are people unhappy with Andrews? I don't get it.
    Is it like the Macron v Nike debate - not 'cool' enough?
    If so, that's bonkers.
    If anyone from Andrews is reading this - thanks for the cash.
    Hopefully your company name will get an airing on MoTD in a year when you renew again ;-)
  • Options
    Halix said:

Woolwich stopped sponsoring us in 1992 and Barclays launched takeover in 1999 completing the following year, I was a Woolwich employee. Seven years is marginally less than decades. I have no idea when FADS were taken over ( I think by Payless).

MESH went into administration eventually, after various management changes, in 2011.

Im sorry I hadn't read your definitive original post when I posted my pathetic attempt to highlight the fact that sponsoring our club hasn't been the most successful, and we should be pleased that Andrews have renewed as we were unlikely to have mega corporations beating a path to the Valley.

You didn't explain how I was being pedantic when I posted BEFORE you.

Not sure either how you say sponsoring our Club hasn't been the most successful. Message seems to be "Sponsor Charlton and get taken over but one of the biggest banks in the world or Alan Sugar or carry on trading for years and years.

Fact is some firms went under, some did well and got bought up. So pretty much what happens to any cross section of companies.

so the lesson is sponsoring is NOT " the kiss of death to any sponsor" as you said.

You can call that "pedantic", I call it "wrong".
  • Options
    Move on ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013

Henry, I said your criticism of my post was pedantic as it was hardly JUST WRONG as you posted. As I said Previously I hadn't read your original post.

All I was trying to say is sponsoring us hasn't been over successful (and I don't include being taken over by Barclays and having most of the offices closed and majority of staff being made redundant a measure of success), As a result having Andrews as a sponsor is perfectly fine in my opinion. I don't see why you need to be so touchy about this. As addicted said I think it's time to agree to differ and move on.
  • Options
    Maybe not ...
  • Options
    Happy to move on as it wasnt me who was getting upset that someone had dared to disagree with a sweeping and incorrect statement about sponsorship of CAFC being the "kiss of death".

Well done the Club for getting a "proper" business to sponsor us and well done Andrews for putting some much needed money our way.
  • Options
    So the home it is Manchester United's away but in red?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The kit deal requires us to change our shirts every year and that is no doubt factored into the financial arrangement, so the fact the sponsor remains the same makes no difference. From what little I saw of these things, Andrews were better to work with than most of their predecessors, so while there's nothing wrong with testing the market I think in the real world this is a good deal. Aeroflot will just have to wait a bit longer.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

So the home it is Manchester United's away but in red?

I'd be happy with that.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure Redbus are still in existence.

If memory serves me right, they got taken over by Arriva...............
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Addicted Addicks ‏@AddictedAddicks 9 Jun
    Rumours going round amongst fans that this could well be our new shirt for the new season. #cafc (BH) pic.twitter.com/YNJo0mTta0

Is this just one of Nug's mock-ups that someone's stolen and put on twitter?
  • Options
    Halix said:

We have been a curse to any shirt sponsor for donkeys years. Everyone else like me old enough to remember Titanic on our shirt? and then when I saw Hindenburg on that pre season tour I knew there would trouble...

We are like the kiss of death to any sponsor-
    FADS. - bust.
    WOOLWICH. - taken over gone.
    MESH. - gone
    VIGLEN. - taken over gone.
    REDBUS- bust.
    LLANERA. - bust.
    CARBRINI - Still going!!!,
    KRBS - closed branch network- now known as One Savings.
    ALL SPORTS - bust.

I think that's the lot?

If I were Andrews I would be waiting to here from a liquidator or take over panel any day now, it doesn't seem that sponsoring us makes a positive difference to any new sponsor, it must be very hard to put a positive spin on this when a new client asks " what can you do for our business?".
    Dont forget Llanera!

• Options

Addicted Addicks ‏@AddictedAddicks 9 Jun
    Rumours going round amongst fans that this could well be our new shirt for the new season. #cafc (BH) pic.twitter.com/YNJo0mTta0

Is this just one of Nug's mock-ups that someone's stolen and put on twitter?

Be happy with that mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ^ Would be over the moon with that kit, looks good.
  • Options
    Has it got white under the arms? Relegation curse that is...
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

^ Would be over the moon with that kit, looks good.

Any idea if that twitter account is a reliable source ?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Although we did win a certain match at Wembley in a shirt with white panels under the arms, so it's not all bad...
  • Options
    That kit looks v nice if true
  • Options

Although we did win a certain match at Wembley in a shirt with white panels under the arms, so it's not all bad...
    ...and a league title in 2000. I take it all back!
  • Options

Well we did win the plays offs and a league championship in 99/00 with that design of kit....
  • Options
    Sorry to burst anyones bubble but I did mock that up from the attached image I found on google, it's a chinese teams kit and not from the catalogue.
  • Options
    Shame as that is one lovely shirt