Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Charlton kit 2013/14

Comments

• Options
    Like the blue hoops with red trim.....very different. 2tone green is smart too.
  • Options
    Isn't it just a different version of the second from left, bottom row?
  • Options
    Still find it bizarre that a whole league's kits can be mad by the same manufacturer!
  • Options
    Most of the mock-ups I did were from this range of shirts including the hoops.

@Callumcafc Yes
  • Options

Still find it bizarre that a whole league's kits can be mad by the same manufacturer!

Happens in American sports and means a fairer distribution of money to the clubs in the league.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind the vneck.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Woolwich stopped sponsoring us in 1992 and Barclays launched takeover in 1999 completing the following year, I was a Woolwich employee, we were bought for our Mortgage book, and the rest of the business was of little importance. Seven years is marginally less than decades. I have no idea when FADS were taken over ( I think by Payless).

MESH went into administration eventually, after various management changes, in 2011.

Im sorry I hadn't read your definitive original post when I posted my pathetic attempt to highlight the fact that sponsoring our club hasn't been the most successful, and we should be pleased that Andrews have renewed as we were unlikely to have mega corporations beating a path to the Valley.

Woolwich are still, very much, trading as a mortgage lender. The fact that they were bought out by Barclays is totally irrelevant. They are not gone, and that fact, alone, makes your post 'Just wrong'.

There is also the argument that the exposure Woolwich had from sponsoring a top flight football team might have helped them secure the buyout from Barclays which was, from what I remember, a very good deal for them, even if some of their staff were ultimately deemed to be surplus to requirements.
  • Options

Halix said:

Woolwich stopped sponsoring us in 1992 and Barclays launched takeover in 1999 completing the following year, I was a Woolwich employee, we were bought for our Mortgage book, and the rest of the business was of little importance. Seven years is marginally less than decades. I have no idea when FADS were taken over ( I think by Payless).

MESH went into administration eventually, after various management changes, in 2011.

Im sorry I hadn't read your definitive original post when I posted my pathetic attempt to highlight the fact that sponsoring our club hasn't been the most successful, and we should be pleased that Andrews have renewed as we were unlikely to have mega corporations beating a path to the Valley.

Woolwich are still, very much, trading as a mortgage lender. The fact that they were bought out by Barclays is totally irrelevant. They are not gone, and that fact, alone, makes your post 'Just wrong'.

this is not true. Barclays bought the Woolwich for its mortgage book and use 'the Woolwich' or 'Woolwich Mrotgages' as a brand now. There is no 'woolwich' entity or company its now merely a brand.

I was formerly a mortgage underwriter for Barclays
  • Options
    Mesh's web site looks very current for a deceased business!
    meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=MAINPAGE_VII
  • Options
    My mortgage statements from Barclays are headed Woolwich......confusion reigns :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:

My mortgage statements from Barclays are headed Woolwich......confusion reigns :)

Woolwich is the brand of the mortgage. Barclays are the lender. a woolwich mortgage is now merely the name of a product.

• Options

"that none of our sponsors flourished after sponsoring us, unless the aim was to raise the profile enough to attract takeover."

Being taken over doesn't mean they went under. It could be they are still good business worth taking over.

As for the FADS and Woolwich how long does this Charlton curse last. It was decades after so they did flourish.

Cabrini and Mesh are still going.

Funny how pointing out that you got it wrong is pedantic when I'd posted the list of sponsors and what happened to them BEFORE you posted. What you posted was just wrong.

At least as long as the curse of Tuthankaman.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Mesh's web site looks very current for a deceased business!
    meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=MAINPAGE_VII

Their logo has changed
  • Options
    You can enter a draw to be at the launch of the new shirt on Monday.

Done.
  • Options
    Atletico Madrid have got the PSV template , so why can't we?

• Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Atletico Madrid have got the PSV template , so why can't we?

Now THAT'S a sponsor!
  • Options
    when will the new shirt be available in brainwash your young kids sizes and will the lickle lickle ones be the mooody avec make again
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Looks like good old Hellas Verona have gone Nike now too:

...and cue comments about the ladies in the pic....
  • Options
    Would ya ...
  • Options
    Yes, yes, no, yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, yes, no, no
  • Options
    I'd certainly give them an "agsm"
  • Options
    Phwooar
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No, No, No, maybe with the missus ;o)
  • Options
    No one on here would say no to any of those three birds!
  • Options
    Yeah girls!
  • Options
    Far left would get absolutely annihilated.
  • Options
    They really put the "ass" in Hellas Verona LOL!
  • Options

No one on here would say no to any of those three birds!

I would agree if I were single... Or unhappily married... Ha ha ha
  • Options
    yes to all three girls....especially the little blondy