Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Charlton kit 2013/14

Comments

• Options
    Would people be annoyed if we didnt introduce a new kit for next season??

Is the old two year cycle too long to wait now?
  • Options

The new kit is OK IMHO but I don't wear them.

78% will hate it on first sight and vow to never buy it but 99% of those will then do so ; - )

Hoefully it's not a red virsion of Peterborough's proposed kit kit in which Adrian Durham said looks like what jockeys wear....

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/130610/picture-poll-do-you-peterborough’s-potential-new-kit-199373

• Options

?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Would people be annoyed if we didnt introduce a new kit for next season??

Is the old two year cycle too long to wait now?

I've always liked the two years for a home kit but change the away every season which a lot of clubs do.
  • Options

The new kit is OK IMHO but I don't wear them.

78% will hate it on first sight and vow to never buy it but 99% of those will then do so ; - )

Hoefully it's not a red virsion of Peterborough's proposed kit kit in which Adrian Durham said looks like what jockeys wear....

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/130610/picture-poll-do-you-peterborough’s-potential-new-kit-199373

That's basically our centenary kit.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

?

That looks like it's been photoshopped!
  • Options
    Great, so flippin andrew are coming back. I hop the layout of the kit is a bit different.
  • Options
    hope*
  • Options
    addickter said:

Great, so flippin andrew are coming back. I hop the layout of the kit is a bit different.

Who would you have preferred ?
  • Options
    addickter said:

cause I'm sure we were buried with offers !!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013

addickter said:

Remember the days when we were actually attractive to sponsors....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    CAFCTrev said:

addickter said:

Remember the days before the recession?

Even in that mythical time when we were "attractive" to sponsors every new sponser got slagged out as "Chavy", "who are they?" , "Don't like the logo" blah blah blah.

I can only guess but I'd say this deal pays Dervite's wages for a season and maybe a bit left over for a couple of youngsters. Think on that before having a moan about logos, etc

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

addickter said:

We've always attracted a list of underwhelming companies as sponsors, maybe besides the Woolwich.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    We have been a curse to any shirt sponsor for donkeys years. Everyone else like me old enough to remember Titanic on our shirt? and then when I saw Hindenburg on that pre season tour I knew there would trouble...
  • Options
    Still not sure I understand what an underwhelming sponsor is. Surely, using that sort of frivolous reasoning Man Utd have had some underwhelming sponsors (AIG and Aon), as have had Barcelona (Qatar Foundation).

What wouldn't be an underwhelming sponsor? I guess you mean some form of consumer brand, but there are very very few of those actually sponsoring clubs. Samsung at Chelsea and Sony at Juve are the only real examples I can think of currently, maybe Phillips, but they aren't exactly as fashionable electronics brand these days.
  • Options

We have been a curse to any shirt sponsor for donkeys years. Everyone else like me old enough to remember Titanic on our shirt? and then when I saw Hindenburg on that pre season tour I knew there would trouble...

Before Steve Sutherland reads this and blows a blood vessel : - )

KRBS, Viglen and Andrews are still going.

FADS and the Woolwich went on for ages after they stopped sponsoring us.

Llanera and all:sports went out of business

Mesh got bought out I think and I can't remember what happened to Redbus.
  • Options
    Never known such an uproar over a kit.
  • Options
    I just hope that the training/dugout kit isn't that dark blue this year. Nice black with red and white will do.
  • Options
    Redbus, now that was an odd sponsor. Everyone thought we were sponsored by London Transport :-)
  • Options
    Doctor Kish gives a vague insight into what the kit is going to look like, colours mostly.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201306&date=20130612&time=1541
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm pretty sure Redbus are still in existence.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Redbus, now that was an odd sponsor. Everyone thought we were sponsored by London Transport :-)

Yep, led to the single worst Charlton MOTD appearance ever. We scored a lovely goal up at Newcastle, build up including 7 players. They showed around 5 seconds of highlights, which just showed the final ball and the shot, the commentary was "Charlton are sponsored by a bus company and scored a route one goal".

So little commentary and 100% wrong on every point.

• Options

We are like the kiss of death to any sponsor-
    FADS. - bust.
    WOOLWICH. - taken over gone.
    MESH. - gone
    VIGLEN. - taken over gone.
    REDBUS- bust.
    LLANERA. - bust.
    CARBRINI - Still going!!!,
    KRBS - closed branch network- now known as One Savings.
    ALL SPORTS - bust.

I think that's the lot?

If I were Andrews I would be waiting to here from a liquidator or take over panel any day now, it doesn't seem that sponsoring us makes a positive difference to any new sponsor, it must be very hard to put a positive spin on this when a new client asks " what can you do for our business?".
  • Options
    I was just going to post the same thing, RA!
  • Options
    Halix said:

FADS. - bust.
    MESH. - gone
    REDBUS- bust.
    LLANERA. - bust.
    ALL SPORTS - bust.

I think that's the lot?

If I were Andrews I would be waiting to here from a liquidator or take over panel any day now, it doesn't seem that sponsoring us makes a positive difference to any new sponsor, it must be very hard to put a positive spin on this when a new client asks " what can you do for our business?".
    Just wrong.
  • Options

Still not sure I understand what an underwhelming sponsor is. Surely, using that sort of frivolous reasoning Man Utd have had some underwhelming sponsors (AIG and Aon), as have had Barcelona (Qatar Foundation).

What wouldn't be an underwhelming sponsor? I guess you mean some form of consumer brand, but there are very very few of those actually sponsoring clubs. Samsung at Chelsea and Sony at Juve are the only real examples I can think of currently, maybe Phillips, but they aren't exactly as fashionable electronics brand these days.

Although Philips are the official sponsor of PSV, PSV themselves are like so many clubs in Holland... skint.
    PSV stands for Philips Sports Vereniging ( Philips Sports Association ), because in the past, they were the works football team.

• Options

Just wrong.

What's wrong?
  • Options
    Halix said:

Just wrong.

What's wrong?

That's wrong

• Options
    Halix said:

FADS. - bust.
    MESH. - gone
    REDBUS- bust.
    LLANERA. - bust.
    ALL SPORTS - bust.

I think that's the lot?

Viglen still exist, as part of Lord Sugar's (small) empire. The scenes where the sacked Apprentice candidates catch the taxi home are filmed (in advance) outside the Viglen building!
  • Options
    As a fan I say thank you to Andrews Sykes for putting money into the club. It's all been said but they are local and honourable and they deserve our thanks and support. It's a tough world out there right now and we should be glad we have them on board.