Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Post-Millwall Arrangements | Leaving The Ground | Please Read**

Comments

• Not much more to add but I'm assuming the guy is on bail etc so I'm wary of saying much else !
  • Richard J said:

Richard J said:

Next year I suspect we will not get the lower tier at the Toolbox and if we use the same logic the the Spanners should also have limited numbers at the Valley and held back.

If as we have been told Police intelligence told them that there was a high risk around some of their fans.Why were they sold tickets?

It was not the fans in the ground they were worried about, there were strong rumours doing the rounds that Milwall were going to come at the home fans from both ends of Floyd Road after the game, a lot of these fans were supposed to be ticketless hence why they were not in the ground.

Interesting perspective,where did you here that from?
    It was mentioned on here by a few people several days before the game, it was being talked about on various internet sites plus for my sins I know a couple of well conected Millwall fans.

I am sure the police read all the public domain stuff so its not hard for them to put a picture together.
    I would suggest that some of these well connected mates of yours were pulling your plonker.

I know that anyone "connected" are not the types of "hooligan" who just wade into scarfers, women & kids. So not in a million years would a mob of our proper lot wait outside & then steam into normals wearing scarves & bobble hats.

As for "internet talk", that's exactly what much of it was, things said in jest & on a wind up. Never for a minute did I expect people to just walk around attacking every Charlton fan they saw, the whole thing is completely & utterly over exaggerated.

The police were going to let us out together, they saw no big problems, it was YOUR club who listened to YOUR fans complaints after the Palace game.

• edited March 2013
    No plonker pulling from my mates Sparrows, for obvious reasons I am not going to go into detail on here but my mates are in their 50's, part of the old gaurd at your club and do this sort of thing on a weekly basis up and down the country whilst following your team.

The plans they had in place were very real however they appear to have been stopped by the club and the police which in my eyes is a success hence the reason why you have not seen any posts above from me moaning about what happened when we left the ground last week.
  • can we not move on and talk about something slightly more interesting, such as, dare I say it, football?!

Are you really suggesting that the football we are having to watch at The Valley this year is interesting. Have you tried watching paint dry ?

I know that anyone "connected" are not the types of "hooligan" who just wade into scarfers, women & kids. So not in a million years would a mob of our proper lot wait outside & then steam into normals wearing scarves & bobble hats.

'course not, they would have scarfers to the left please, anyone not wearng colours but don't want a fight please wait inside, any others 1lets 'av it'.
  • rina said:

did these non attending fans actually end up bunking in? the South stand looked to be way over capacity

The aisle's were all packed but that's because none of them stood in the first couple of rows or the front sections over to each side. Doubt it was much over capacity at all.

As for all the 'internet talk', make no mistake there were plenty of Millwall out for this one last saturday. Some of my Millwall mates said they hadn't seen a 'mob' like that at a Millwall game for a long time. But the number of police out and about in Charlton pretty much put a stop to anything going on. Therefore i'd say the police probably did a good job as nothing mjaor happened. It obviously doesn't explain why their fans couldn't be kept in after the game like they would be anywhere else, but overall it's only for 1 game and i don't see much of a problem. Imagine the moaning on here if it had been policed like a standard game and had gone off all over charlton. Then what?

The thing that amuses me though is that club statement says something about they re-opened the roads once Millwall's 'risk' supporters were put on trains. Well firstly Millwall were allowed to go wherever they wanted after the game and secondly, most of Millwall's risk supporters never even went to the game!
  • This is dragging now.
  • getting on for a 1,000 posts on this thread!, roll on the next time we play them eh!
  • No plonker pulling from my mates Sparrows, for obvious reasons I am not going to go into detail on here but my mates are in their 50's, part of the old gaurd at your club and do this sort of thing on a weekly basis up and down the country whilst following your team.

The plans they had in place were very real however they appear to have been stopped by the club and the police which in my eyes is a success hence the reason why you have not seen any posts above from me moaning about what happened when we left the ground last week.

Not very clever to let all and sundry know your plans so that they can be stymied with apparent ease. I suppose that's why they are football hooligans.

• No plonker pulling from my mates Sparrows, for obvious reasons I am not going to go into detail on here but my mates are in their 50's, part of the old gaurd at your club and do this sort of thing on a weekly basis up and down the country whilst following your team.

Not very clever to let all and sundry know your plans so that they can be stymied with apparent ease. I suppose that's why they are football hooligans.

Real died in the wool hooligans would not participate in internet slanging matches, and letting people know where they were intending to drink etc.

Thats left for the wannabes and keyboard warriors, if the hardcore top table (as SLL calls them) on both sides were serious about meeting they would have done, there are dozens of friendships outside of match day on both sides at that level to facilitate that away from the Angerstein and OB eyes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised these dinosaurs still exist to be honest. What on earth is the point.
  • Surprised these dinosaurs still exist to be honest. What on earth is the point.

Some grow out of it, some stay with it, its not a new phenomena, nor will it ever go away, at what ever level of participants.

• Why don't they just get an X Box or grow up.
  • rina said:

did these non attending fans actually end up bunking in? the South stand looked to be way over capacity

No chance.
    I'd say that NFFC bought more the other week.
    Couple of rows on the east stand side, and likewise on the west with empty seats at the front.

Even saw one of their lot with an umbrella.... I mean, and umbrella at a football match!
  • Jarman said:

rina said:

No chance.
    I'd say that NFFC bought more the other week.
    Couple of rows on the east stand side, and likewise on the west with empty seats at the front.

Even saw one of their lot with an umbrella.... I mean, and umbrella at a football match!
    Steve Mclaren might have been doing a bit of scouting...
  • An umbrella? Properly tooled up then. You could easily have someone's eye out if you're not careful!
  • sralan said:

An umbrella? Properly tooled up then. You could easily have someone's eye out if you're not careful!

He had a flare hidden inside :-)
  • if the jimmy seed holds 3002 why was there 3,153 millwall fans?
  • JS holds about 3,400
  • we must of sold some extra to millwall then because they announced all 3002 tickets for the away game to charlton had been sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't think it's complicated. We have them 3153 (or possibly slightly more). They held back 150 odd for comps, etc. and put 3002 up for sale, and sold them all.
  • In the words of the poet mick skinner SHG

Geezers need excitement if their lives don't provide them this they incite violence

Common sense simple common sense

From the song

Geezers need excitement
  • Been away anything worth talking about happen at the Millwall game ?
  • Nowt mate lost as per normal

Nothing to see here move along
  • Nowt mate lost as per normal

Nothing to see here move along

Certainly officer:-)
  • Thought i would get it in first for a change
  • Rick Everitt said Charlton sell or /give tickets directly to Millwall supporters eg for players family / friends etc etc.
  • I blame the Red Division.

I blame the result & our home form. Imagine if we had won ;)
  • Red Divison ? I imagine they have had enough of this bollox and given up.
  • Can I just say that red on red action is never good.

Unless its two lezzas on the blob. I'm just watching.