Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Forest | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    timken said:

still stupid to say worst performance in 45 years

Even stupidier to quote someone whos has seen most of those games and probably you havent....better to remain silent a be thought a fool and speak out and remove all doubt.

• Options
    shakespeare?
  • Options
    does that mean you really really believe yesterday was the worst charlton diplay in 45 years or are you getting out of your pram cos you know it wasnt and feel a bit silly?
  • Options
    Len 21st would see us relegated
  • Options
    oops no it wouldnt
  • Options
    If it was 11 against 11 it might be worthy of being up there, but our relegation season a few years back had a few contenders- Sheff Utd anyone?
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Len 21st would see us relegated

Sees every game for 45 years, doesn't know how many teams get relegated from the league. If ever there was proof that just turning up doesn't automatically bestow omniscient footballing knowledge onto a person, this is it
  • Options
    Yesterday's performance was flat and embarrassingly meek. Forest came to the Valley expecting to be pressed and not allowed to play their passing game but we let them run rings around us. Was up there with the Wednesday game as one of the hardest defeats to take of the season but for totally different reasons.
  • Options
    callum .well done for keeping it all in perspective.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    And (as a younger fan) if you want the worst Charlton performance/result of the past 45 years then you probably have to look at Northwich Victoria three and a half years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    timken said:

Chippy CAFC.45 Years supporting charlton?So you started in 68 same as me .I can recall 127[ish] worse performances in the last 45 years .I assume you didnt watch any matches when we went down in 1972 or any in 1973 etc .What about the season we got relegated to third tier under pardew and parky some games we didnt even touch the ball.Stop exagerating and man up.

Wow there always one fan that wants to take it out on others and i guess you fit that bill....dont lecture me about support and the shit seasons and crap games....I have seen them all

Man up....simple question to you, would you be a season ticket holder if you lived in scotland errr i here you say...well i was in the years 1983- and 1988 missed 5 home games in that period simply cos there was no busses running back to scotland.....so dont get cheap with me, me old china.

Further to that l live in basingstoke and pay for myself and my son in the east stand which season tickets tavel valley gold (original member since 1988) cost me in excess of 3k a .....and that doesnt incluse away games....MAN UP
  • Options
    I dont doubt your dedication.just your judgement
  • Options

And (as a younger fan) if you want the worst Charlton performance/result of the past 45 years then you probably have to look at Northwich Victoria three and a half years ago.

Wycombe in league cup wasn't great either.

• Options
    Can understand how people are angry after yesterday - for some it was the straw that broke the camels back. For others, well we have had some good perfomances too this term. No point us turning on each other. It wasn't good - we'd all admit that much.
  • Options
    2-0 up at the den with 4 mins to go drew 2-2 takes some beating [1990 I think]
  • Options
    Yes, I remember us holding it up in the corner flag in that game. Was utterly pssd off!!!
  • Options
    timken said:

I dont doubt your dedication.just your judgement

And yours

• Options
    boo hoo you have upset me now.
  • Options
    timken said:

boo hoo you have upset me now.

Well i am not surprised you sound like a big baby, with all your years of "experience"...hopefully you wont take a fellow member on again....

• Options
    Chippy and Timken.... the new Henry and Incorruptible?

Some great quotes from both there:

"Stop exagerating and man up"
    "better to remain silent a be thought a fool and speak out and remove all doubt"
    "I don't doubt your dedication, just your judgement"

Top work fella's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks x
  • Options
    "crazy"What is most impressive[sic] is that we are both in our 50s[at least] .God knows what it would have been like if this forum had existed when we were young and impulsive.
    Glad to have provided you with some entertainment on this cold february sunday .
  • Options
    Not the best addicks performance but no disgrace. In fact i think they were totally outclassed by a team that will be in the Premiership very soon
  • Options
    Thx TIm lol got some other sleepy heads awake well at least we can agree to dis agree....
  • Options

timken Member
    10:38AM
    "crazy"What is most impressive[sic] is that we are both in our 50s[at least] .God knows what it would have been like if this forum had existed when we were young and impulsive.
    Glad to have provided you with some entertainment on this cold february sunday .
    Haha - appreciate it. Happy Sunday!
  • Options

Not the best addicks performance but no disgrace. In fact i think they were totally outclassed by a team that will be in the Premiership very soon

ROFLMFAO!! priceless well done trying to raise the tone. :)

What has Sullivan done to get frozen out? Hamer has dropped 2 points this year already.
    Wagstaff up front with Kermit the Clown is one of Powell's loopiest selections.
    Stephens must never be allowed to shame the shirt again he makes Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye look like stalwart heroes.
    Jonathan Obika must wonder what twisted hell he has been foisted into, if I were he I'd be straight up to Tottenham's training ground begging to return he'd be better off cleaning the bogs at WHL than wallowing in the effluent of charlton's current turmoil.
    Bring on Burnley - bet them Lancys can hardly wait...
  • Options
    ROFLMFAO is according to urban dictionary only used by computer nerds.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Wycombe in league cup wasn't great either.

I can think of far worse games in the last 20 years.

Northwich, Sheffield United 5-2, Walsall 0-1 and the infamous Dagenham away game, plus I remember a dreadful performance against Stockport 97-98 season.
  • Options

That's unbelievably unfair on Hollands, Jackson, Stephens, Pritchard etc. You don't win a league with the highest ever points total if any part of your team is sub-standard. When BWP wasn't scoring and Yann wasn't prolific we still won almost all of our matches and you can't do that without a good midfield. I know when we've just had a bad result it's easy to be down in the mouth but come on now

Our best performances last season often came with either Hughes or Russell in midfield, Stephens and Hollands rarely played very well as a combination, while Pritchard tended to play as a substitute or in a wide role, and JJ played wide left. None of our central midfielders were brilliant last season, reflected in the player marks awarded on this site!
  • Options

It wasn't about the formation or how good the players are technically. They just didn't look interested today. No commitment or urgency despite getting outplayed from the first minute. If there was a bit more fight we might have had a chance to combat it but as it was it was awful to watch. And this a criticism based on just todays match not in general.

I get your frustration Norfolk, but for me Charlton were just out classed today. I dont think you can accuse them of not trying.Which Charlton players could get into the Forest team? Solly, maybe Wiggins??? They wouldn't want any others.

Generally speaking, I thought it was a real shame Dale got ironic cheers when he (finally) completed a pass today. He and the rest of the team knew they were being battered- it didn't need sarcasm from the home crowd to rub it in. I know everyone pays to get in and has a right to vent their frustrations, but that just seemed wrong, especially when confidence was already quite fragile among the players.

But we can still hold our own against better players. Look at Fulham for example who bar Solly are player for player better than us but we still put on a performance. But I do get what you're saying, bad day at the office move on.