Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Forest | Post Match Views

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Cs1986 - people's opinions of players are not a substitute for Championship/ Premiership experience. The majority of that list have little experience at this level or higher
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

I disagree with people saying we are playing with a mainly league one team tbh,

Hamer- according to ppl on here he is prem quality.

Solly- clearly champ/prem quality

Cort- played champ majority of career

Morrison - defo too good for league 1.

Wiggins- again highly rated and was too good for league 1.

Stephens - attention from villa so must be champ standard.

Jackson- too good for league 1 his goals prove that.

Pritchard - again highly rated on here so now he is only league 1 standard?

Fuller - prem quality.

Haynes - defo champ quality and played majorirty of career here.

Kermo - too good for league 1 and becominf force in champ.

Taylor - I would say he is no worse than a lot of champ 3rd choice CB's.

Wilson - don't rate him at all but powell signed him so must believe he is champ standard.

Wagstaff?
  • Options
    I love wagstaff as he is a propa charlton player but not sure how good he is and can't make a fair assumption!
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Fuller - prem quality.

Wilson - don't rate him at all but powell signed him so must believe he is champ standard.

Wouldn't bother using what people say on here about Championship/League One standard for our players to support an argument. Hamer, Stephens, Jackson etc are considered world beaters when we win and duds when we lose.

Every single player there was playing in League One last season with the exception of Fuller. Fact.
  • Options
    Well my run of 9 games seeing no defeats is over and i might be bad luck as that was my second home game of the season in which both times we played with 10 men for much of it but we move on COYR!

• Options
    cafctom said:

cs1986 said:

Fuller - prem quality.

Wouldn't bother using what people say on here about Championship/League One standard for our players to support an argument. Hamer, Stephens, Jackson etc are considered world beaters when we win and duds when we lose.

Every single player there was playing in League One last season with the exception of Fuller. Fact.
    Clearly 101 points proves these players were too good for League 1 fact!
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

cafctom said:

cs1986 said:

Fuller - prem quality.

Clearly 101 points proves these players were too good for League 1 fact!
    All it proves is that they did exceptionally well in League One. Would you say that all of Reading's players are all too good for the Championship just because they won the League last year. Or those who stayed on from QPR for that matter?
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see where Forest end up this season and next as they looked streets ahead of us in terms of quality and movement.
  • Options

Will be interesting to see where Forest end up this season and next as they looked streets ahead of us in terms of quality and movement.

I thought they showed flashes of class with not much real attacking threat, i doubt they will challenge for promotion come the end of the season, still much better then us on saturday though.
  • Options
    As I said on another thread how much has Reid played?

He pulls their strings and I imagine they are not as good if he is absent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure they would be in the Play-off places had they not had the clown that is Alex McCleish in charge for those 7-8 games.
  • Options
    I fancy Forest for promotion through the play offs .. they have hit top form at the right time and have a manager who knows all about the pressures and potential pitfalls of the playoffs
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't think more than half of last season's Championship sides would have got more than 100 points in leahue one. The problem is that the Championship is a step up and the biggest difference for me is that teams defend and press better. I think we have underachieved a little with the calibre of players we have got - but it is to Chrissy's credit that we have that calibre. A lot of teams have found it easier away at this level and the teams that are strong at home have either very strong attacks or very strong defences.

I think our dfence has underachieved a little to be honest.
  • Options
    Rob .I wish I had listened on player.Your summary is correct .The problem with the negative doom merchants on here is they go along to the valley expecting something that is not going to happen with the limited squad that we have.People saying it was the worst they had seen for 20,30.40.years .It was cold and depressing and frustrating but predictable.I will probably play golf this saturday and have a better afternoon.I will be happy if we win [or draw] and sad if we lose but not cold and despondent and stuck in traffic.
  • Options
    @Rob

Excellent post.
  • Options

@Rob

Excellent post.

Agree, gilbert. Real insight from someone who wasn't present and hence, whose judgement on the performance is less clouded with emotion. Maybe more of us would have appreciated SCP's cunning plan if we could have taken a step back and waited to post until we were able to give a more considered opinion. I hold up my hands as one of the guilty parties whose view of the woods was momentarily obscured by the Forest !

I owe Rob a debt of gratitude...the clarity of his thinking has certainly made Saturday's game plan a lot more credible.

In SCP we trust indeed !

• Options
    Your summary is very reasonable Rob. At 25 minutes I said to my son that we had held out without conceding despite all forest possession ...in fact I felt we had started to frustrate them and that bringing on Haynes as a sub on 2nd half might get us something ...however Yanns red card denied any such hopes.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Fuller - prem quality.

Wagstaff, jackson and pritchard. You just can't play all three of them in a midfield of 4 at home, they just haven't got any outstading qualities which are required when you're looking to attack a team.

Playing them away from home might work due to the amount of effort and running they put in but that's just not needed when you play teams at home, its all about quality on the ball and being able to break teams down something we struggled with last season as well .
    There's not enough attacking threat from midfield to win games at home. FACT
  • Options
    Poorest display for quite some time, we seemed to lack the usual fight & passion you come to expect from this side. Shame really after tuesday. Wish we still had Andy Reid but it was nice to see the fans clap him off & for him to acknowledge us.
  • Options
    Poorest display for quite some time, we seemed to lack the usual fight & passion you come to expect from this side. Shame really after tuesday. Wish we still had Andy Reid but it was nice to see the fans clap him off & for him to acknowledge us.