Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew

Comments

• Options

Nigel Adkins.

Seems likely indeed
  • Options
    Is Adkins a big enough "name" for the Spurs of the North?
  • Options
    Although I hate Pardew I'd still be disappointed to see him sacked considering how well he did last year. It would be just another example of owners not sticking with managers.
  • Options
    If Adkins follows the pattern of picking up where pardew got sacked.
  • Options
    I despise Newcastle United and I despise Alan Pardew. I hope they stay together for a long time
  • Options
    Adkins sacking is one of the weirdest decisions I can recall in my many years of following football.
  • Options

Although I hate Pardew I'd still be disappointed to see him sacked considering how well he did last year. It would be just another example of owners not sticking with managers.

That may well be true but in Pardew' s case I would love it to see him sacked. I can't put my finger on why but I just don't like him at all.
  • Options
    I think he was a very good player for us. When we needed him as a manager we were all singing his name. The problem is that despite trying his best, he ultimately cocked it up. He didn't leave us for a bigger club, he was sacked -and rightly so. And this is from somebody who really hates managers being sacked. But do I hate him? - No I don't.
  • Options
    Looks like he has started his exit plan, having a go at the fans.
  • Options

Looks like he has started his exit plan, having a go at the fans.

Yes..not a wise thing to do for any manager..let alone where the fans really do live and breathe their club!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always someone elses fault.met him once and he was an arrogant tosser. Would love for him to be sacked.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I think he was a very good player for us. When we needed him as a manager we were all singing his name. The problem is that despite trying his best, he ultimately cocked it up. He didn't leave us for a bigger club, he was sacked -and rightly so. And this is from somebody who really hates managers being sacked. But do I hate him? - No I don't.

Thing is Mutts we all thought, as a former player, that he understood the club and our funny little ways.

Covering his inadequacies by saying we should get rid of Red, Red Robin and criticising us fans for applauding legends like Deano was beyond the pail for me.

It wasn't just that. Every week the Official Site had a bollocky excuse as to why something wasn't his fault.

Compare and contrast with: I picked the team it's my fault p'raps we'll do better next week or equivalent!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    He is himself. He thought Red Red Robin wasn't the most inspirational tune and he saw Deano as an opponent who we shouldn't have encouraged. You may disagree, but I don't think these are things I think about when I think about him. More that he lost the plot and the team was rudderless for so long.

No reason to hate him though. I'm sure he did his best.
  • Options
    Arrogant,big nosed twat.That is my considered,educated view.
  • Options
    I see Pardew is back to doing what he did when we lost at home - blaming the supporters
  • Options
    'i'm going to play my best team next game' - well, why the eff didnt you play it today then? after another loss - and then proceeed to continue losing.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Arrogant,big nosed twat.That is my considered,educated view.

.....pitted face, grey haired old....!

• Options
    Newcastle ? .. Schizophrenia north .. you never know who or what will turn up to play. I blame the weather
  • Options
    "Its never my fault
    Its never my fault
    I'm Alan Pardew it's never my fault"
  • Options
    He couldnt turn around a ford fiesta...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally think Pardoo and the Geordies deserve each other!
  • Options
    sralan said:

I know what you mean. First time I went up there in the late 80's/early 90's they were chanting for either the manager or the board to be sack. And the second time I went up there. And the third too, I think.

It seems like not a lot changes up there.
  • Options
    sralan said:

Agree. Much as I feel contempt for him, I hope he dangles on the Geordie hook of failure and ruins the remains of his tattered reputation with a highly public and drawn-out abject failure, ideally sealing relegation on the last day of the season. Always love a video of blubbing Geordies.

The only downside is that once again they'd get every possible televised game in the championship next season. Got sick of that last time...

• Options
    Do Newcastle mainly scout in France?
    Just signed 2nd French defender, maybe 3rd coming and an alternative French striker too after missing out on Remy.
  • Options
    Oui
  • Options

Do Newcastle mainly scout in France?
    Just signed 2nd French defender, maybe 3rd coming and an alternative French striker too after missing out on Remy.

It's Pardew that buys French isn't it ?
    Moots, Racon (born in France).
  • Options
    The reason why Pardew has a record of being a good manager in the short term is that he is only capable of thinking short term, except when it comes to his own contract. The only reason he has survived so long at Newcastle is that they already had decent coaching and scouting structures in place - it was just a question of time before they fell apart from neglect. I feel sorry for the Newcastle fans, who in my experience are among the most knowledgeable and passionate around - despite having had minimal success in recent years. The quicker they get shot of Ashley and Pardew the better.
  • Options
    On the other hand I would quite enjoy welcoming a relegated Newcastle side with Pardew in charge to the Valley next season!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Just watching Sky Sports news and Newcastle have given Sissoko, their new signing who has never played in England before, a 6 1/2 year deal. Am I wrong or does that seem like a very long time ?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Is Adkins a big enough "name" for the Spurs of the North?

Spurs are a bigger club than Newcastle I'd say.