Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew

Comments

• Options
    Pardew is carrying on what he started at the valley .. signing basically untried youngish French/African players .. it is not working
  • Options
    but is it true that he has seduced Evina to sign for him ?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    se9addick said:

Just watching Sky Sports news and Newcastle have given Sissoko, their new signing who has never played in England before, a 61/2 year deal. Am I wrong or does that seem like a very long time ?

Yeh. In 61 years he'll be well slow.

Sorry, I'm bored with the absence of meaningful transfer activity into our club.
  • Options
    Moussa Sissoko is a good player.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    "I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain. I kind of wondered where that British involvement actually was when I looked at their team.

It is important that clubs don't lose sight of the fact that it's theEnglish premier league and English players should be involved.

We could lose the soul of British football - the English player."

Guess who said this back in 2006?

Has signed 17 foreign players and sold 12 English players since taking over at Newcastle...
  • Options
    Pardew success last season was mainly thanks to there scout who was looking round France for their players and still does. Doubt Pardew has seen any of these new players play apart from YouTube videos
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Just watching Sky Sports news and Newcastle have given Sissoko, their new signing who has never played in England before, a 6 1/2 year deal. Am I wrong or does that seem like a very long time ?

If they get relegated and the player sits on his Prem contract .........
  • Options
    Pardew looks a little bit french, I bet he likes baguettes, dirty grey haired,bi focal wearing spaff head
  • Options
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    edited January 2013
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The origin of the name is French.

"Par Dieu!", was the exclamation of a Parisian midwife in the 17th century, when the first of the family was born with a huge nose.

• Options
    part deux
    A superfacial, unnecessary, or overly bad sequel to a classic filmseason.
  • Options
    An anagram of Pardew is Warped.
  • Options
    Pardew, the master of condemning the very thing that he himself had just done. Leaving people scratching their head thinking "what the hell is he talking about" and leaving Pardew laughing all the way to the bank yet again.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It is a bastardisation ( literally in this case) of the French word "adieu" meaning goodbye. Here though the word is augmented to emphasisize the unsavoury leaving with the unmerited proceeds of a fat contract - taking the P - and this is also combined with a general noise of disgust to give us the explosive Pah sound at the beginning.
    Simply translated back into English it becomes a 4 letter word of your choice.
  • Options

An anagram of Pardew is Warped.

Another anagram of Pardew is 'useless tosser'. Well almost.
  • Options
    Would you not have thought that seeing as Newcastle have a break and considering their precarious position, that the manager would have taken the squad away on some sort of boot camp? Or at least have them in for extra training etc? Well my son, who works at Selfridges, saw him in the store this morning. Obviously not too bothered is he?
  • Options
    Just lost 2-1 to Spurs. Gap could be pulled back to three points in a couple of hours...
  • Options

Just lost 2-1 to Spurs. Gap could be pulled back to three points in a couple of hours...

All went his way in the end. Good day for Villa too, as long as they make the most of it tomorrow.

Whatever you think of Pardew, after watching them the last two games you cannot say he's "lost the dressing room". Maybe getting rid of Demba Ba really has galvanised the team now, that along with frogs legs now readily available in the training ground canteen.....
  • Options
    His scout will keep them up, signed some really good french talent but we all no at most he probably watched them on a youtube video before signing them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, Graham Carr is doing a good job.
  • Options
    Just watching Newcastle on MOTD, reminds me to post about the Newcastle fans on 606 slating their manager for being tactically inept...
  • Options
    Yes heard that too - called him clueless...his ability is catching up with him.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Spent all that money in the window. Unfortunately the likes of Wigan and Aston Villa aren't getting the results to challenge them 'cos I can see them picking up no more than 3 or 4 points in their last four games.
  • Options
    Soooo, anyone see the Newcastle result this evening? :-)
  • Options
    shame as if they continue their poor form into next season then i dont think pardew would last very long. Shame as i want him to take another side down.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Their last three games:
    West Ham (A)
    QPR (A)
    Arsenal (H)

Arsenal aren't what they used to be but they won't want to be going into the final day of the season needing points. Come on Villa, come on Wigan. :-)

Oh and Newcastle have only won once away all season, where is their next point coming from?
  • Options
    Nice to see Alan 'its not my fault' Pardew doing so well.
  • Options
    Many bitter folk here! Charlton legend. (1991–1995 104 games 24 goals)
  • Options

Many bitter folk here! Charlton legend. (1991–1995 104 games 24 goals)

There are over a million reasons to be bitter.

The man is an arrogant slime ball.