Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew

Comments

• Options
    Newcastle lost to Reading!!!!!
  • Options
    Lost again and at home...

You're getting sacked in the morning.
  • Options
    Pardews contract decides if he is gana be a winner after getting sacked. That Ashley bloke isn't the brightest spark is he.
  • Options
    he always gets result in the honeymoon period of a job but then gets found out.
  • Options
    Hasn't got the brains ,knowledge or experience to get a club out of a sticky patch. Probably due to the fact that he likes to blame everybody but himself.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Only Pardew will feel sorry for Pardew.

Everyone else has him sussed.
  • Options
    He couldn't take responsibility of of his lunch order let alone scream on the slide ... Please let villa and Newcastle go down, and qpr ... That would be nice
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

We really are a decent outfit on the road.
    Well done, Powelly and the lads - workrate, balance and belief.

Golfie is going to be so disappointed we're not in a relegation scrap!

Just teasing, Golfie ;o)

Pay attention Oggy.

• Options
    I have said this before. He had a lucky first season, So did Cisse.. He has now been found out.......Give him another two games he will be gone
  • Options
    I don't think he has ever lost a game without coming out and saying "there were positives"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Next manager to go?
  • Options
    CAFCElite said:

I have said this before. He had a lucky first season, So did Cisse.. He has now been found out.......Give him another two games he will be gone

Transfer window shutting soon and no prem league match for two weeks, the fans seem to want him out. I'd be surprised if he lasts the weekend.

• Options

Oggy Red said:

We really are a decent outfit on the road.
    Well done, Powelly and the lads - workrate, balance and belief.

Golfie is going to be so disappointed we're not in a relegation scrap!

Just teasing, Golfie ;o)

Pay attention Oggy.

Ha ha Shooters ..... you caught me out posting on the wrong thread!
    I must have been spinning my wheels!

• Options
    Came out with the usual meaningless clichés in his post match interview today. Lots of crap about needing impertus in the team but no actually indication what that means. There in a terrible run and I don't think he's got any idea how to get out of it other than some more scatter gun signings, but I don't think Ashley will allow him free run with the cheque book.

They'll sign a couple of players and he'll be given a couple of weeks into Feb. They'll still be rubbish though and he will lose his job in February.
  • Options
    Can't last much longer.
  • Options
    Pardew will announce that it's a nine year plan, thus getting a contract extension.
  • Options

They'll sign a couple of players and he'll be given a couple of weeks into Feb. They'll still be rubbish though and he will lose his job in February.

I sincerely hope he doesn't lose his job - they need him to enable Newcastle in freefall to cement a relegation place!
  • Options
    he is only a year into a FIVE year contract so a big pay-off if he gets the heave-ho...........I think they're stay up, although as i type Villa have gone 2-0 up at WBA !!
  • Options
    As my dear old dad used to say "He's all mouth and no trousers"
  • Options
    I don't really have anything against Newcastle the club and they'd probably be a potent force in the Championship next season were they to join it. I'd rather we didn't have to play them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013

he is only a year into a FIVE year contract so a big pay-off if he gets the heave-ho...........I think they're stay up, although as i type Villa have gone 2-0 up at WBA !!

That's 4 years worth of contract at what salary, Golfie?

Some people have been playing the Lottery for nearly 20 years, desperately hoping to get that sort of money!

• Options
    Getting plenty of stick on 606 The Geordies are not to happy....could be on his way....shame.
  • Options
    I think he is a good manager when things are going right, but when he has to fix a big problem - well we know what happened with us- he completely lost the plot. Will be interesting to see what happens with Newcastle for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I think he is a good manager when things are going right, but when he has to fix a big problem - well we know what happened with us- he completely lost the plot. Will be interesting to see what happens with Newcastle for the rest of the season.

Lost it at West Ham too, after a successful season or 2.

One thing that has been mentioned over the years, is that often the dressing room gets divided pro-pardew and anti-Pardew.

Apart from being unlucky with injuries at the beginning of the season, I wonder if dressing room unrest is beginning to undermine him?

• Options
    I read somewhere that his contract will entitle him to a 1 year pay off if sacked, but don't know if that's true.

The big problem with him getting sacked is he'll probably start turning up on the Match of the Day 2 Sofa. He just make my skin crawl.
  • Options
    He is useless old Alan pardew. Every team has on and off injuries to key players, but like Curbs' charlton, they work hard to find a way round it to keep the ship sailing. When Parker went chelsea we was not the same dominant force, so we were realistic enough to change our style of play in order to get the points on the board.

When it's all going well its great because its much easier to maintain, when it f""ks up, that's when you need to show resilience. Pardew does not know the meaning of the word.
  • Options
    Absolutely. Football Management is relatively easy when it's all clicking and your players are fresh a confidence. It's knowing what to do when it starts going wrong that defines the good managers. Time and again Pardew has failed to arrest slides in form and it just builds momentum until it's out of control. Contrast that with the way Powell learnt from his first half season in charge and turned that into a promotion run. Twice this season we've turned bad runs into winning runs as well.

CP is just different gravy.
  • Options
    What is the point of signing an 8 year contract that has a one year pay off if sacked? Might as well have a one year contract!
  • Options

What is the point of signing an 8 year contract that has a one year pay off if sacked? Might as well have a one year contract!

In case another team is stupid enough to want to poach him I s'pose. Bigger compensation package for Newcastle. Not that that's realistic of course but can't think of any other reason.

• Options
    Nigel Adkins.