Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew

Comments

• Options
    True Kap10 I have to admit and everyone moans about bankers!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Man is and always was a big time Charlie can't do anything without wads of cash to spend and was lucky to over achieve last year. He will probably be lucky again this year as there are three worse teams in the division than Newcastle. Waht gets me is the man is now a multi-millionaire on the back of being poor at his job!

If you look at it most managers are exactly the same, get the sack, loads richer, reward for failure

Especially when it seems to the same circuit of failure's who pop up time and again at various clubs, if you just get a few months management in the Premier it seems you can spend the next 10 years failing for big pay outs at whatever club you like.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Man is and always was a big time Charlie can't do anything without wads of cash to spend and was lucky to over achieve last year. He will probably be lucky again this year as there are three worse teams in the division than Newcastle. Waht gets me is the man is now a multi-millionaire on the back of being poor at his job!

If you look at it most managers are exactly the same, get the sack, loads richer, reward for failure

To a certain extent that's true but you also have trigger-happy Chairmen these days who consider a few bad results to be sackable offences (Abramovich, I'm looking at you!) where you could argue that the Manager is in fact good at his job.

• Options
    Starting to get found out a bit, isn't he? He must be praying that Cisse will get back to goalscoring form or they are in a relegation battle.
  • Options
    The injuries, the lack of funds..

Newcastle fans just getting a taster of the excuses.

How many lifers know a Geordie where can can officially say "I told you so"
  • Options
    I think they will stay up. Debuchy is a big signing for them. They could do with another striker, after Remy I think.
    Also a decent centre half as Taylor is always injured. Otherwise the return of Cabaye and Ben Arfa should see them all right. Was strange that Cisse and Ba struggled to play together. I expect Cisse to start banging them in now that Ba is gone.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Dave2l said:

Imagine if Pardew openly expressed an interest in signing Chris Solly...

If I was Pardew I would, just to piss us off.

Plaaayer said:

Like he did with Elliott you mean?

lol , we just haven't been the same since !
  • Options
    CAFCElite said:

shit manager punching well above his weight. Had a lucky first season now he has been found out!!!

Are you talking about his time at Reading, West Ham or Charlton (first 12 months) ?! He strikes me as someone who talks a good game and expect him to turn up on Sky sooner or later... but can he turn a squad round and sign the right players in the middle of a pressure time? Think we all know the answer to that one

• Options
    edited January 2013

CAFCElite said:

shit manager punching well above his weight. Had a lucky first season now he has been found out!!!

Are you talking about his time at Reading, West Ham or Charlton (first 12 months) ?! He strikes me as someone who talks a good game and expect him to turn up on Sky sooner or later... but can he turn a squad round and sign the right players in the middle of a pressure time? Think we all know the answer to that one

Got West Ham promoted at the second time of asking when they should have been able to achieve that with relative ease at the time. He then went on to oversee the worst string of results for 70 years at West Ham, before getting sacked. Fair enough he got them to the FA Cup final, but would argue he's still a shit manager. And he's proving it once again.

Injuries or no injuries, Newcastle should not be where they are. Their team is so unbalanced, and considering the w*nker's been there two years now, who else is to blame?
  • Options
    I feel the hate is strong on Charlton Life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wouldn't say hate from a personal point of view, just think the guy's had it so lucky it's unreal. And he is an arrogant w*anker also.
  • Options
    Newcastle over-achieved last season, the likes of Coloncini, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba are all good players but they are not really top six players and Newcastle had one of those seasons last year (like we did when we finished 7th) where everything on the pitch just went their way.

This probably made them look a better side than they actually are and this season with their momentum stalled they have looked a very ordinary side for the most part and their star players have been brought down to earth.

Not sure Ashley will splash the cash either, he'll probably be thinking that if he can keep them up with no investment then he will sell two players in the summer for big fees and then bring in some cheaper replacements.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I hope he gets sacked.
  • Options
    9/2 to be next manager to leave on sky bet. Worth a punt id say
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Hate is a strong word, loathing is probably a better way to describe how most Charlton fan's feel about him, another phrase comes to mind to, something about piss and fire. ;)
  • Options
    Don't "hate" the man, he just did not care enough about our club whilst in charge.
  • Options
    Pardew is a tactically challenged chancer.

He pretty much admitted he was a chancer when he was with us. He said that he tried to do the same with us as he had done at Wet Spam by signing players who he had heard were good at lower league clubs.

I think he has always been a chancer tactically, playing players out of position, especially in attack.

I was surprised he did so well at Newcastle. This season, things have unravelled big time. What is astonishing, rather like with Dowie, boards are still prepared to employ a bullsh*tter who is full of front but very little delivery.
  • Options
    Not sure he has been helped by the lack of signings and injuries have been an issue too..maybe something wrong with their fitness in training etc?

I lost a bit of respect for Pardew when he started moaning about being in europe - know he isn't the only manager do it but I think its very disrpectful actually and just sums up what is wrong with the game at the top level.

Sure the Newcastle would rather be fighting for a place at the top of the league rather than against relegation which seems likely.
  • Options
    Can not motivate a team to save his life, when the going is good he thrives, when it starts going bad he doesn't have a clue!
  • Options
    I know it's obvious to say it as he has been sacked several times, but he does seem to look like an impact manager and less of a squad-building manager. He has spent a lot of money (irrespective as to what he's received from player sales) at most of his clubs and rarely has he sold on a player for a profit.

I have to say that when he arrived at The Valley, and until the last few months of his reign, I always thought he said exactly what I wanted to hear from him. He always seemed to sound like he knew what he was doing and that he was going to achieve the stated goal. Clearly, looking back, he was good a PR. The most obvious one being that he spent three quarters of a season telling us that his teams always come good at the end of the season. This, I believe, convinced us that that we were ok being six, or so, points behind where we needed to be.

If it took us nearly two years to realise he was full of PR rubbish then is it not acceptable to assume that his employers would also be fooled by him? Initially at interview by his plans for the club and then by his immediate success with a squad that someone else had put together.

I'm not sure he is as bad a manager as we have come to believe. Clearly he's not as good as he would like us to believe, but I think there was a malaise at Charlton when he came, and he nearly kept us up and on relegation (from the Prem) the financial disaster meant that he only, really, had one season to get us back up. The sale of Andy Reid (what ever the truth about it was) cost us that season and then I think the resulting disaster was, probably, inevitable.

I still loath the man and would love Newcastle to be relegated, but I suspect that he will not be out of work for long as he does have some successes on his CV.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AAaaargh ! That pic made me retch !
  • Options

Don't hate him.

Just think he's a c##t.

• Options

AAaaargh ! That pic made me retch !

I do apologise Fanny! Hope you wasn't having your dinner at this particular point!
  • Options
    Who could forget his famous 3 year plan!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    IMO and it pains me to say it

He is a very good impact manager if he gets it right and has long enough ala Newcastle last season he can have good results the min you go into seasonn 2 or 3 forget it

He would need to change his whole squad every season or the majority of it as I believe his coaching ability is very limited and people would soon see through his tactics and daily routine, he seems to verbally repeat himself at every club

The thing about motivational posters around the rooms the players are in has been repeated every where he goes

The reading staff I know laughed when I told them about what he done and said most were used at reading then the players used to stick them to the fake wall in free kick training once he left the pitch and use them as targets
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Don't "hate" the man, he just did not care enough about our club whilst in charge.

This is it.

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Who could forget his famous 3 year plan!

What 3 year plan?
  • Options

I know it's obvious to say it as he has been sacked several times, but he does seem to look like an impact manager and less of a squad-building manager. He has spent a lot of money (irrespective as to what he's received from player sales) at most of his clubs and rarely has he sold on a player for a profit.

I have to say that when he arrived at The Valley, and until the last few months of his reign, I always thought he said exactly what I wanted to hear from him. He always seemed to sound like he knew what he was doing and that he was going to achieve the stated goal. Clearly, looking back, he was good a PR. The most obvious one being that he spent three quarters of a season telling us that his teams always come good at the end of the season. This, I believe, convinced us that that we were ok being six, or so, points behind where we needed to be.

If it took us nearly two years to realise he was full of PR rubbish then is it not acceptable to assume that his employers would also be fooled by him? Initially at interview by his plans for the club and then by his immediate success with a squad that someone else had put together.

I'm not sure he is as bad a manager as we have come to believe. Clearly he's not as good as he would like us to believe, but I think there was a malaise at Charlton when he came, and he nearly kept us up and on relegation (from the Prem) the financial disaster meant that he only, really, had one season to get us back up. The sale of Andy Reid (what ever the truth about it was) cost us that season and then I think the resulting disaster was, probably, inevitable.

I still loath the man and would love Newcastle to be relegated, but I suspect that he will not be out of work for long as he does have some successes on his CV.

Should have been sacked in the summer of 2008. Would have been a brave decision after the Dowie-Reed shambles, but there were people at the club who had worked it out.
  • Options

Hahaha amazing