Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Just started snowing near Sevenoaks.

Some people lack common sense when driving in these conditions, I've had a taxi driver drive very close to the back of my car in snowy conditions before. So it seems even those who drive for living lack the ability to adjust accordingly.
  • Glovepup said:

Just started snowing near Sevenoaks.

Some people lack common sense when driving in these conditions, I've had a taxi driver drive very close to the back of my car in snowy conditions before. So it seems even those who drive for living lack the ability to adjust accordingly.

Damn, im in East Croydon need to get back, leaving work @ 5. hopefully roads aren't too bad through biggin hill / braested etc
  • Snowing in Bromley now and due to carry on until midnight, before the thaw starts tomorrow.
  • Starting in Bromley 6 hours after met office said it would
  • Snowing in Belvedere now. Piss off snow!!
  • edited March 2018
    Currently sitting in A&E, after doing the cancan on a man hole cover and cracking the back of my head. Don’t feel great.
  • Snowing again
  • coming down hard again in the city now....time to tap out shortly I think and head home
  • Snowing in Bexley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Snowing in North London too
  • snowing in Paddington....

• Snowing in Chatham.
  • Good. A nice thin layer of fresh snow on a layer of sheet ice !
  • Very light snow in Borough Green - its taken about an hour to cover the car windscreen. Not enough for South Eastern to say not to travel. I think its time we really addressed the travel problems. Grit that doesn't work at temperatures below 8 degrees ??? I'm sure America, Canada & the Baltic countries use something better. Snow chains on cars.
  • Oakster said:

Was feeling a bit left out over here, so happy to report it's snowing in Canmore, Alberta & probably will be on & off until June.

Apart from snow chains got any driving tips for the uninitiated over here :wink:
  • Snowing heavy now in Plumstead
  • RedChaser said:

Oakster said:

Was feeling a bit left out over here, so happy to report it's snowing in Canmore, Alberta & probably will be on & off until June.

Apart from snow chains got any driving tips for the uninitiated over here :wink:
    Not sure Canadian drivers are much better to be honest in these conditions..

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=298217
  • clb74 said:

Starting in Bromley 6 hours after met office said it would

But pretty spot on when the BBC said it would start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Currently sitting in A&E, after doing the cancan on a man hole cover and cracking the back of my head. Don’t feel great.

Hope you're ok mate.
  • edited March 2018

Currently sitting in A&E, after doing the cancan on a man hole cover and cracking the back of my head. Don’t feel great.

Hope you're ok mate.
    Couldn’t move my arms for a few seconds after it happened, was trying, but the signal from brain was getting there. Struggling to speak for a while after also, feeling a bit better now, but still not great.
  • edited March 2018

Hope you're ok mate.
    Couldn’t move my for a few seconds after it happened, was trying, but the signal from brain was getting there. Struggling to speak for a while after also, feeling a bit better now, but still not great.
    Sorry to hear that, have you been seen yet in A&E?
  • Got off a train at Dartford about half hour ago and there was only one train due in/out for the foreseeable. There was quite a lot of people in the ticket area looking worried about how to get home.
  • Currently sitting in A&E, after doing the cancan on a man hole cover and cracking the back of my head. Don’t feel great.

Hope you're ok mate.
    Couldn’t move my for a few seconds after it happened, was trying, but the signal from brain was getting there. Struggling to speak for a while after also, feeling a bit better now, but still not great.
    Hope you're better soon.
  • Snowing in Charlton too.
  • Eventually got the frozen rain off the windscreen and left work as snowing hard in Maidstone for a while now. Hairy drive home on the small roads.

Back home to this again:
  • if u live anywhere in East Kent and u got into London good luck getting home ----no trains and even the main roads are a mess----its ice and now snow covering ice.
    if your train from London has to come up from medway etc it wont be there and even the High Speed is fecked !

good luck

• edited March 2018
    For the first time ever I bailed out on walking the dogs, just one walked when it rained and froze to him fortunately a friend with an X5 lives local and collected us both. My jacket froze as well. :(image
  • Hope you’re feeling better soon @guinnessaddick