Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• If you can work from home, work from home.

Don't make a fuss and say 'I am gonna work from home today', do it every day and free up the trains / tubes / buses.
  • edited March 2018

MrOneLung said:

Wilma said:

I hope all those fricking lawyers manage to get into work.

Working at a law firm with a big sports practice, I can tell you that a lot of them have been 'working' from home this week, but don't worry, the secretaries are in and doing all the work!
    people who can work from home don't have proper jobs - FACT !
    (unless you are a novelist or childminder)

Worked nights from home for 6 years.

With the office shut Saves security, electricity, travel and more importantly a few hours kip I wouldn't get travelling.

I do everything on my laptop I can do on my office PC.

It's 2018
    People who can't work from home don't have proper jobs. FACT.

The real fact is most office jobs can be done from home, whilst most 'hands on' jobs cannot be done from home.
  • Yep. M20 and M2 closures and it's still raining in Bearsted which considering its -3 does not bode well.
  • MrOneLung said:

Wilma said:

Working at a law firm with a big sports practice, I can tell you that a lot of them have been 'working' from home this week, but don't worry, the secretaries are in and doing all the work!

There’s no way I can do my work from home. I’m pretty certain Mrs AUN wouldn’t fancy having Roger the Raper, Billy the Blagger, Nigel the Nonce and Tariq the Terrorist loitering in our kitchen.

Would make a great episode of Come Dine With Me though.
    Would Roger, Billy and Nigel go for Halal though?
  • Had a bit of rain here but it was freezing as it hit any surface.

Really weird watching it freeze on the window on impact.

Paths and roads are even worse than before.
  • MrOneLung said:

Wilma said:

There’s no way I can do my work from home. I’m pretty certain Mrs AUN wouldn’t fancy having Roger the Raper, Billy the Blagger, Nigel the Nonce and Tariq the Terrorist loitering in our kitchen.

Might be a bit repetitive after four nights of Spiced battered sausage though.

• Sponsored links:

• It’s all a load of bollox no snow in Enfield just grey slush shit

Weather forecasters bigger wage thieves than Karl Robinson and TK KM
  • Freezing rain coming down in Orpington at the moment, very icy out.
  • Frozen rain in Maidstone. Making some pretty cool patterns on the windows!
  • Boss says I can send out an email to say if people feel nervous about travelling in these conditions they can leave. I said id probably wait until I actually see some snow.

SNOW !!!!!!
  • Had a bit of rain here but it was freezing as it hit any surface.

Really weird watching it freeze on the window on impact.

Paths and roads are even worse than before.

Same here. Front of the house now has frosted windows.
  • Curb_It said:

Boss says I can send out an email to say if people feel nervous about travelling in these conditions they can leave. I said id probably wait until I actually see some snow.

SNOW !!!!!!

Southeastern just tweeted asking people not to travel at the moment: https://twitter.com/Se_Railway/status/969547599895244801
  • edited March 2018
    Following on from my earlier rant, great driving skills in the video below from this female bus driver in Edinburgh for avoiding a disaster;

https://news.sky.com/video/near-miss-between-car-and-bus-11272066
  • I think that's just East kent though?
  • Says severe disruption across the entire network, with no trains running in east Kent. As always with Southeastern "Check before you travel"!
  • Wilma said:

Says severe disruption across the entire network, with no trains running in east Kent. As always with Southeastern "Check before you travel"!

I don't like to rub it in Jo but I've steamed up and down from Woolwich each day (bar one ) on the DLR. Though I'm not going to mention that here.

• Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Following on from my earlier rant, great driving skills in the video below from this female bus driver in Edinburgh for avoiding a disaster;

Except she was going too fast for the conditions.
  • edited March 2018
    Nearly got hit on a zebra crossing. Driver apologised said she couldn't stop then car behind her swerved to miss hers and hit the bollards. Could've gone a different way, think I'll stay indoors now...
  • RedChaser said:

Except she was going too fast for the conditions.
    The numpty trying to do a u-turn in front of her didn't help and the van driver whose dash cam recorded it, must have had brown trousers afterwards :wink:
  • Forecast said heavy snow all day from 11 in gravesend. Nothing yet though. Hopefully it stays that way
  • Snowing here in Bearsted now.
  • -13 yesterday here with wind chill.Coldest day Ever for March.
    last night an ice storm ---this morning cars all over the roads ,pavements almost unwalkable---and now its snow/hail/ice.
    The roads ,pavements look fine untill you step on them.
  • MrOneLung said:

Wilma said:

Brilliant !
  • After saying how much better the roads up here are during snow, the M62 has been shut for 26 hours :lol: