Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Working next to bedroom window and not even 9am and already seen two pikey different vans going round the roads trying to nick loose scaffold etc. from houses currently with building work in progress. Absolute scum
  • Heavy snow for the last hour here in Snodland. Forecast for Maidstone saying heavy all day now so will be watching carefully.
  • TelMc32 said:

Still no snow here in the Maldives, mind you the temp has dropped from 33c to 31c so I might have soup as a starter tonight to warm up :smile:

You were warned the other day @eaststandmike!! I'll remove the flag when you're flying home!!! :wink:
    You can have the last laugh when my flight is cancelled tomorrow when I am due to fly home. I will be stuck on on a bench in Columbo Airport, Sri Lanka waiting for Heathrow to open :smile:
  • I've been told Maidstone schools have re-opened? I'm in Sevenoaks, been snowing here most of the morning.
  • My Mum works at a school in Maidstone that has closed till Monday.
    A colleague has one son in and one off today so I think it’s hit and miss.
  • bellz2002 said:

Headteacher just called as I was leaving home to tell me not to travel in due to the conditions. The school will be closing within an hour anyway due to blizzards and unsafe conditions over there as well.

Happy days.

Very sensible! Really nasty out there at the moment and you don't want to get stuck somewhere! Now...where's that marking/preparing/PowerPoint to finish/reports...
  • bellz2002 said:

Headteacher just called as I was leaving home to tell me not to travel in due to the conditions. The school will be closing within an hour anyway due to blizzards and unsafe conditions over there as well.

Happy days.

Very sensible! Really nasty out there at the moment and you don't want to get stuck somewhere! Now...where's that marking/preparing/PowerPoint to finish/reports...
    I went to Anthony Roper School in Eynsford, I live on the hill above.... we always get hit bad up here.
  • edited March 2018
    Jury service finished yesterday and I'm working 12-8 today. Not too bothered about getting in. Worried about getting back though.
  • How’s @eaststandmike getting on? I’m worried for his safety
  • My school closed at 8am, halfway through my hour long journey to work.

Oh well, a paid netflix day isn't so bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Heavy snow for the last hour here in Snodland. Forecast for Maidstone saying heavy all day now so will be watching carefully.

Forecast now says no snow for the rest of the day. One extreme to the other. Guess I’ll just have to use my eyes to gage it.

• bellz2002 said:

Happy days.

School is now shut today and will be tomorrow too. First time it's been shut in over 25 years due to weather. Must be really bad in Thanet but here in Fav, pavements and back roads are just thick ice.
  • no proper snow here in North Dorset but hope to be building a snowman this afternoon
  • bellz2002 said:

Happy days.

I'm going to concentrate on the priorities. Netflix or The Office (US) binge watching. Maybe a bit of Fifa thrown in!
  • There seems to be quite a few teachers on here and @lancashire lad have you 'done a @Leeds_Addick ' or are you meant to be on holiday?
  • 3blokes said:

shirty5 said:
    I thought at first he was having a bit of a dance there :neutral: but he isn’t :smiley:
    Ha ha I keep looking at that and thinking mmm, that’s really not a bad dad dance move, you know. :neutral: but then if you look closely he looks a bit like Alan Partridge, and he IS falling over, so it’s sort of great :smile:
    I think I will always remember THAT pic of him standing in front of the stand at The Valley, looking as cheerful as cold tea, and I think I shall add this one to that collection - The Fall Of The Roland Bum Flyer.
    It’s almost ballet.
  • We always moan about trains in the uk and how we can’t cope in general with bad weather.
    Well, Italian trains are just as hopeless. No announcements, staff or idea what’s going on apart from cancellations galore.
  • Glovepup said:

I've been told Maidstone schools have re-opened? I'm in Sevenoaks, been snowing here most of the morning.

I came in from Sevenoaks to East Croydon today, again like Tuesday road i live on and one off it (Brittains Lane) was quite bad but once onto the main road was fine all the way in. Hows it looking? again i will no doubt have the option whether to stay in a hotel or go home, yesterday i went home as had pool night but was fine other then the roads by me.
  • no proper snow here in North Dorset but hope to be building a snowman this afternoon

Give us an update in 24 hours

#itsheadingyourwaybigtime
  • Glovepup said:

I've been told Maidstone schools have re-opened? I'm in Sevenoaks, been snowing here most of the morning.

I came in from Sevenoaks to East Croydon today, again like Tuesday road i live on and one off it (Brittains Lane) was quite bad but once onto the main road was fine all the way in. Hows it looking? again i will no doubt have the option whether to stay in a hotel or go home, yesterday i went home as had pool night but was fine other then the roads by me.
    I live not far from St Michael School, the roads are untreated and my car won't go anywhere as it's rear wheel drive. Was snowing here but stopped about an hour ago, possible snow this afternoon. Still very grey out there.
  • Sponsored links:

Enjoy what is about to come!
  • Glovepup said:

My kids’ school in Maidstone is closed today and tomorrow, but there are some pretty hazardous country lanes and steep hills to get to it.
    But other schools on the more main routes appear to be open.
  • Addickted,

You’re in Maidstone I believe. From what I’m seeing it looks like no more snow is forecast today and just light tomorrow afternoon.

Have you heard/seen anything to the contrary?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Ahh that's not nice, whilst being nice at the same time if true.

RIP hero.

TelMc32 said:

Still no snow here in the Maldives, mind you the temp has dropped from 33c to 31c so I might have soup as a starter tonight to warm up :smile:

You were warned the other day @eaststandmike!! I'll remove the flag when you're flying home!!! :wink:
    You can have the last laugh when my flight is cancelled tomorrow when I am due to fly home. I will be stuck on on a bench in Columbo Airport, Sri Lanka waiting for Heathrow to open :smile:
    The departures lounge at Colombo is much nicer than Arrivals, although a strange airport in that you browse and buy fridges and washing machines there.
  • From what my seaweed is telling me, some showers of snow today and then the real shit happens tomorrow.