Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• ashley said:

Won't judge a player until he has actually played for us ,assuming that will happen ,but have to say that his anterior cruise ligament injuries and the fact that Wolves seemingly do not fancy him again are a bit of a turn off.people ( the then PR unit at the club in the main it has to be said )were raving about hasslebank joining us some time ago , but it was very telling that the also rans that he was then with ( Middlesbrough )didn't want him any longer and soon it became pretty obvious just exactly why that was.

In Chris we trust, well sometimes, if we like the player and even then maybe not.
  • Davo55 said:

I reckon this one could be true. It would be a great signing, giving us a strength in midfield that we have been crying out for. Maybe Eggie is just a stop gap? Frimpong and Stevo would be a great combination at Champ level IMO.

Where does that leave Jackson then?
    On the bench to be brought on if it goes to penalties.
  • Hope he puts wood up in the air when we play.

That's what she said.
  • edited November 2012
    Emmanuel Frimpong
    He's only five foot ten
    He's scoring at the Den
    Emmanuel Frimpong

(koff koff)

(coat)
  • edited November 2012
    Gazcafc81 said:

stonemuse said:

Spoke to a mate last night who goes to arsenal regularly, he says frimpong is class, great holding midfielder and not afraid of a challenge ...he reckons he will relish going to the den. He's a strong player and not afraid to give it out.

I hope he doesn't go to the den!

Frimpong is exactly the sort of player you want in that game, especially with Powell's negative tactics in the last 10 mins. There is always goals in "Millwall Time"
    Millwall Time!

I can see us winning 1-0 till the last 5 minutes and concede two late goals when you throw on nothing but defenders.

Hope Powell doesn't go defensive over there.
  • Gazcafc81 said:

stonemuse said:

Spoke to a mate last night who goes to arsenal regularly, he says frimpong is class, great holding midfielder and not afraid of a challenge ...he reckons he will relish going to the den. He's a strong player and not afraid to give it out.

Frimpong is exactly the sort of player you want in that game, especially with Powell's negative tactics in the last 10 mins. There is always goals in "Millwall Time"
    How many late goals did we score last seasons? I wouldn't say Powell is negative late on in a game at all. Far from it.
  • We've conceded the least away goals in the Champ
  • edited November 2012

Gazcafc81 said:

stonemuse said:

How many late goals did we score last seasons? I wouldn't say Powell is negative late on in a game at all. Far from it.
    How many centre halfs did we have on at the end at Burnley? counting Seaborne who is actually a centre half, Taylor, Dervite, Cort and Morrison thats five and your saying Powell's tactics aren't defensive?

• edited November 2012

Last season in the final quarter of the games we scored 14 and conceded 7

• Soft with the Ladies, hard with the men innit!
  • Sponsored links:

• officially signed
  • Going to need more than that...
  • i just got the official alert text from charlton saying until new year
  • Good news.
  • happy with that, think he will be good for us
  • Theres a surprise
  • Fantastic signing
  • Sponsored links:

• DENCH!

You don't wanna get frimponged!
  • Very very pleased.
  • quality signing, there must be some money somewhere!!
  • Proper Judi.

Great news that :D
  • Charlton boss Chris Powell has swooped to add highly-rated Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong to the club’s ranks on loan, the Addicks announced on Monday morning.

After earning a third consecutive Championship win by beating Burnley on Saturday, Charlton have further strengthened their squad with the Ghana-born engine-roomer.

Frimpong has embarked on his second loan stint from the Premier League Gunners, and will stay at The Valley until the New Year’s Day.

“We’re really happy that he’s coming in to join our squad, and we welcome him to the club,” said manager Chris Powell.

“We’ve had our eye on him for a while, and with the busy Christmas period to come, I felt it was right to make sure that we are covered in all areas. We hope that does very well for us in the red or black of Charlton.”

A combative presence in the centre of the pitch, 20-year-old Frimpong has twice been hampered by injury in the past two seasons after receiving rave reviews.

He made a big impression for Arsenal during pre-season in 2011/12 and, having made his debut for the North London club against Newcastle United in mid-August, he was rewarded with a first start in the Premier League against Liverpool seven days later.

And although he was sent off after collecting two yellow cards, he went on to rack up 14 appearances for Arsène Wenger’s first team before Christmas.

He subsequently went out on loan to fellow Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers, and made a bright start to life at Molineux, but after just five games he ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in the first half against Queens Park Rangers and his campaign ended prematurely in February.

Frimpong, who has been with Arsenal since the age of nine and played a major role in the Gunner’s FA Youth Cup success in 2009, had missed nine months of the previous campaign season due to a similar injury in his other knee, but has fought back to fitness on both occasions.

Frimpong has represented Arsenal in the Champions League, and has twice featured for the Gunners this season, playing in a 6-1 Capital One Cup victory against Coventry City and the extraordinary 7-6 comeback win against Reading in the same competition at the end of last month.
  • Gazcafc81 said:

Gazcafc81 said:

stonemuse said:

How many centre halfs did we have on at the end at Burnley? counting Seaborne who is actually a centre half, Taylor, Dervite, Cort and Morrison thats five and your saying Powell's tactics aren't defensive?

Did we win the game?
  • oooh eee
    oooh a ha,
    ding dang
    what a lotta Fimpong
  • Frimpong can take the deeper stephens role, because Stephens is too good to be wasted as a holding player.
    Get him and Jackson being creative further up the pitch.
  • edited November 2012

Gazcafc81 said:

Gazcafc81 said:

stonemuse said:

Did we win the game?
    We did but we won't win at Millwall with tactics like that! Which is my point.
  • Put your seatbelts on lads, some Championship midfielders are going to get crunched in the next 6 weeks!