Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• Aren't him and Evina quite good mates?
  • Him, Evina and Jenks all go out together
  • It's a long time since I put much effort into following any non-Charlton football, so it's nice to hear us linked with someone I've actually heard of. It might be meaningless, but I'd like to take it as a sign that we're on the up.
  • Fantastic signing if it is true IMO
  • oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dear Reo Coker re run here we come.
  • Emmanuel Y Frimpong ‏@Frimpong26AFC
    Subject to rumours am not leaving afc I am positive of going on loan this week which am really excited about and I am fully commited to afc

Emmanuel Y Frimpong ‏@Frimpong26AFC
    And am not in my last year or looking to be sold just to clear matters thank you and going on loan to get games and cum back to arsenal
  • id say that is a indication the rumour could be true just not the part about a permanent deal afterwards.
  • Why do I have mixed feelings about this ? I didn't really mind when the Razzak loan ended.

One of the things I'm really loving about this season is the fact that, by and large, it is last year's squad (last year's team almost) that is delivering the goods.

There isn't much continuity in football these days. Seeing JJ, Pritch, Stephens doing so well in midfield of late has been a real bonus. It must be very rare for a promoted team to kick off a new season with virtually the team they ended the previous season with, and I really liked it.

Of course any team has to adapt to progress and players have to fall by the wayside gradually, but I almost feel like I'd prefer to watch a team comprising most of last year's stars finish 12th than reach the play-offs with a radically changed line-up.

Sentimental or what ?
  • Plays offs with radically changed line up every time please.

Know what you mean about it is good to see last years stars kick on but not at the price of the Club's success.
  • What did gus poyet say was his biggest mistake last season

Loyalty to those that got him promoted the only loyal thing is fans and even those are only loyal to the badge you get exceptions

Kins
    Mendonca
    Powell
    Brown

Etc but if you think how many players you have seen in your time loyalty can onky go so far
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Henry and I are so down with the kids it hurts

Respect

• A lot of people have commented this season about the fact we've not been that strong in centre mid position, if EF did come will it help address these issues, and where does Eggy fit in all of this?
  • A lot of people have commented this season about the fact we've not been that strong in centre mid position, if EF did come will it help address these issues, and where does Eggy fit in all of this?

You beat me to it. If he's not involved today we may as well send him back.

Weird one all round. CP has barely mentioned him. TJ signing?
  • Could be a good signing for us.
  • maybe using jenks international clause money??
  • Well he ain't got a cat in hells chance of getting in that goonwrshite team I don't say this without vomit comIng back in my mouth but Wiltshire arteta and that cazorla (spelling) are ripping spurs a new one

AVB another vacancy beckons
  • Maybe we could do his cousin Leathal Bizzles song.

Chris Pow, Pow, Pow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzU5Q4uI3iw&sns=em
  • Plays offs with radically changed line up every time please.

Know what you mean about it is good to see last years stars kick on but not at the price of the Club's success.

What did gus poyet say was his biggest mistake last season

Loyalty to those that got him promoted the only loyal thing is fans and even those are only loyal to the badge you get exceptions

Kins
    Mendonca
    Powell
    Brown

Etc but if you think how many players you have seen in your time loyalty can onky go so far

I'd agree with these. Norwich also overhauled their squad after the won League One and then went on to win the Championship.
  • Good player but boy is he thick as two short planks.
  • edited November 2012
    This thread needs more DENCH
  • Sponsored links:

• He's got prem quality and he's young, so he should improve.
  • edited November 2012
    frimpong ooh oooh, frimpong ooh ooooh
    he comes from Arsenal...he fking hates millwall
    frimpong...
  • Does anyone else think this is a bit of an odd signing?
    Powell has just signed a centre midfielder (Egg).
    EF is obviously a talented player but it doesn't feel like a CP signing to me.
    ??
  • Alex Song
  • Eggs only here short term, sounds like Frim has more longevity
  • Andy Ansah has just mentioned this on Twitter. His son is at Arsenal so I assume he would be in the know.
  • Looks abit of a 'ecclestone' type signing
  • I reckon this one could be true. It would be a great signing, giving us a strength in midfield that we have been crying out for. Maybe Eggie is just a stop gap? Frimpong and Stevo would be a great combination at Champ level IMO.
  • Davo55 said:

I reckon this one could be true. It would be a great signing, giving us a strength in midfield that we have been crying out for. Maybe Eggie is just a stop gap? Frimpong and Stevo would be a great combination at Champ level IMO.

Where does that leave Jackson then?
  • Stephens and hollands wont be here after jan

Frimpong and Jacko will be the cm combo