Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• Stephens and hollands wont be here after jan

Frimpong and Jacko will be the cm combo

I'll have some of that!
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Frimpong

Arsenal know talent when they see it, but also make decisions to let players go.

Wikkipedia said that he has had an anterior cruciate ligament injury, which is not a good injury to have. A similar injury to the one that did for Todorov. He also had a big ruck with Nasri when at Arsenal. So possibly injury or temprement difficulties.

Wenger said that he was a fighter and a winner in midfield. Similar to Song / Essien.

If he is prepared to play to play for his place, and doesn't expect an automatic start or come with a big billy boots attitudes then he is welcome. Charlton did well with BWP who wasn't taken up by other clubs due to injury concerns but that has been managed well at Charlton.

The midfield needs sorting maybe there is a spot for him and with the forward line looking good and the defence solid, with the midfield working properly, we may have a surprisingly good season.

• He's done both anteriors.
  • My old boss is an Arsenal season ticket holder. He says he is an absolute brute who can play a bit as well. Arsenal fans like him.

Basically he'll either break someones leg, break his own leg or get sent off within the first 2-3 games.
  • Sounds like Semedo but can play a bit.
  • His twitter feed over the last few weeks has sounded like he wants to go back to wolves though. Really can't see it but would be really pleased.
  • Spoke to my arsenal mate today and he said Frimpong just loves to chuck a meaty tackle in. Kicks people up in the air for fun.
  • edited November 2012
    Only heard of him because I remember him getting sent off. Sounds a bit of a loose cannon if he comes in hopefully Powell can be a big influence on him
  • edited November 2012
    Chrissy could sort him out and calm him down, a good role model for a young player looking to make his way in the game long term.
  • Sponsored links:

• He will join us I reckon no place for him at arsenal

Will play for us then join barca for 15 mil
  • Only problem is reading what the Wolves manager said, then i'm not sure Frimpong is fully fit? You wouldn't expect a premier league player to drop down and not play so do we want to upset the team (we're on a good run) by playing someone who isn't fit.
  • It's been our problem all season and to be honest last season as well. The midfield is static and lacks creativity. If Frimpong comes in which I hope he does he is absolutely ideal to sit in midfield and break up play and give a platform for Stephens, JJ and Pritchard to play. At Championship level I can see him being very dominant and provide even more protection to an already decent defence. Hope this is true.
  • Going by the player marks threads and what wolves thought of eggy I don't hold out much hope for him. Hope this one goes through as centre midfield is definitely a weak point still
  • Spoke to a mate last night who goes to arsenal regularly, he says frimpong is class, great holding midfielder and not afraid of a challenge ...he reckons he will relish going to the den. He's a strong player and not afraid to give it out.
  • I was told the same stone. Hope this comes off.
  • stonemuse said:

Spoke to a mate last night who goes to arsenal regularly, he says frimpong is class, great holding midfielder and not afraid of a challenge ...he reckons he will relish going to the den. He's a strong player and not afraid to give it out.

Really need to keep all 11 of our lads on the pitch though , esp at the Toolbox.

Looking forward to seeing Manny play.

• He will be just the type of player we need for millsmall. They have got some brutes. Trotter, shittu, wood, Henderson
  • An Arsenal mate says if he is in our team then he will love playing at Millwall like other's have mentioned, never goes missing.
  • Sponsored links:

• No good. He's only 5 foot 10.
  • stonemuse said:

Spoke to a mate last night who goes to arsenal regularly, he says frimpong is class, great holding midfielder and not afraid of a challenge ...he reckons he will relish going to the den. He's a strong player and not afraid to give it out.

I hope he doesn't go to the den!

• I thought we were skint? Maybe the finances are improving. We seem to be giving it a right go - sqaud starting to look very strong.
  • stonemuse said:

I hope he doesn't go to the den!

Frimpong is exactly the sort of player you want in that game, especially with Powell's negative tactics in the last 10 mins. There is always goals in "Millwall Time"
  • Won't judge a player until he has actually played for us ,assuming that will happen ,but have to say that his anterior cruise ligament injuries and the fact that Wolves seemingly do not fancy him again are a bit of a turn off.people ( the then PR unit at the club in the main it has to be said )were raving about hasslebank joining us some time ago , but it was very telling that the also rans that he was then with ( Middlesbrough )didn't want him any longer and soon it became pretty obvious just exactly why that was.
  • Because he was an old, fat, lazy, moneygrabber?
  • ashley said:

Won't judge a player until he has actually played for us ,assuming that will happen ,but have to say that his anterior cruise ligament injuries and the fact that Wolves seemingly do not fancy him again are a bit of a turn off.people ( the then PR unit at the club in the main it has to be said )were raving about hasslebank joining us some time ago , but it was very telling that the also rans that he was then with ( Middlesbrough )didn't want him any longer and soon it became pretty obvious just exactly why that was.

hasselbaink was clearly at the end of his career, frimpong has only just started.
  • Quite a few Wolves fans are incredibly annoyed that they've opted not to take him back. They also made banners and all sorts for him last year. All that after only 5 appearances would elude to a pretty decent player I'd say.
  • Would be a fantastic signing if we got him. Seem him play a couple of times, and I reckon he's good enough to play for most clubs outside the top 8 in the Prem. Wenger said that he reckoned Frimpong would've be as good as Wilshere, if he hadn't been so unlucky with injuries, so fingers crossed we can get him, would be a real coup!
  • Hope he puts wood up in the air when we play that lot at the den-ch