Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has anyone seen Charlton score 6 (six) goals or more in 90 minutes of a competitive match.....

Comments

• Has anyone ever seen 2 men sent off and no yellow cards?
  • Think Jim Ryan scored three v Plymouth
  • Johnny Summers twice scored five v Huddersfield and Portsmouth
  • v Notts County when Mike Flanagan got 4
  • forgot the 7-0 victory over Burton in the FA Cup when that competition really mattered
  • I was at the 7-6 Huddersfield game.

I was too, my first game at Charlton. Hooked me for life.

• Yes 1972 Swansea 6-0 and Notts county 6-1 and only home gamne i missed in 1976 was the 6-2 defeat of southampton.
  • 6-0 v swansea, 6-1 v Notts County, 6-2 v Saints
  • All family there today and a few other lifers.....and that's why we support Charlton. Because we're all glory hunters. Yeah right, we support our club because they are Charlton and not some lifeless, soulless club that mean nothing. We have our ground, we have our history and we have Chris Powell!! Enough said.
  • Yes. Today, for the first time.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have now and I'm feeeeling goood!
  • All family there today and a few other lifers.....and that's why we support Charlton. Because we're all glory hunters. Yeah right, we support our club because they are Charlton and not some lifeless, soulless club that mean nothing. We have our ground, we have our history and we have Chris Powell!! Enough said.

Lovely words!
  • 6-0 v swansea, 6-1 v Notts County, 6-2 v Saints

Ditto
  • Slightly different question, same subject has anyone seen an away team score 6 goals all scored by a different player. I haven't.
  • All five Everton forwards scored in 18 minutes in a 7-0 away win in 1931.

It's slippped my mind who it was against :-)
  • Yes. Yes i have.
  • edited April 2023
    yes
    Charlton 6-4 Plymouth
    also away at Barnsley I think
  • Charlton 7 Huddersfield 6
  • Sponsored links:

• First time I've seen us score six, didn't expect it today either.
  • Barnsley away.
  • 6-1 against Derby.
  • So is there a list anywhere of post war sixes!?
    Remember 6 v Southampton. 
  • Found it! 

Last time we scored 6 goals in a home league game #cafc

1/4/2023 : Shrewsbury 
    24/9/1976 : Southampton
    19/9/1972: Notts County 
    29/8/1972: Swansea Town
    21/1/1961: Swansea Town 
    26/12/1960: Plymouth Argyle 
    22/10/1960: Middlesbrough

Courtesy of cafc facts and stats on Twitter. 
  • I remember Tuesday night games under floodlights Aug 29 1972 V Swansea 6-0 
    then another Tuesday night 19th September 1972 V Notts County 6-1 great days of Powell Horsfield Flanagan Peacock a bit before Killer joined us 
  • edited April 2023
    Travelling back from a break in Norfolk today, so not the best time to miss a second home league match of the season !

I was there for both the 6-1 and the 6-0 against Notts County and Swansea in 1972 but missed the 6-2 rout of Southampton.
  • edited April 2023
    6-0 v swansea, 6-1 v Notts County, 6-2 v Saints
    I have been privileged to witness those three wins and was also there to witness todays magnificent performance
  • Swansea and Notts County too but I also seemed to remember 6-0 at home to Bristol City. Just looked it up and it appears it was in 1969-70. I would have been 14. I went to the return at Ashton Gate and, predictably, we lost. 
  • Swansea and Notts County too but I also seemed to remember 6-0 at home to Bristol City. Just looked it up and it appears it was in 1969-70. I would have been 14. I went to the return at Ashton Gate and, predictably, we lost. 
    Think it was Bristol City that got the 6