Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has anyone seen Charlton score 6 (six) goals or more in 90 minutes of a competitive match.....

Comments

• For some reason I can't now remember I didn't go to the Southampton game. At the time it didn't seem like a big deal I thought there'd be another one along soon!
    Although I'd been to earlier games, the first game I really remember being at we beat Cardiff 5-2. Around '63 I think.
  • My dad was at the Huddersfield game 7 - 6 does that count?
  • Now im going to rack everyones Brain, but i think (memory ain't what it used to be) i was at a dodgy (full members or whatever it was called) in the early to mid 80's where there was a very small crowd but we won 7-0, could just all be a dream though could be the brain addled by alcohol as well :-) over to all you statos to shoot me down and ruin my memories
  • I was at the Southampton 6-2 match.Hales scored the sixth with the last game, the ref did not even bother to restart the match.Anyone remember the football pontoons run in pubs.Well my mate needed just the five goals to clean up.What he said about killer was no ones business!
  • Saw the 6-2 V Soton, also saw us concede 7 at Brighton and Burnley.....and 10 against Sunderland...when we scored 11....no mone said pens arn't included.
  • I too was at the Southampton, Notts Co & Swansea matches. Those were the days when we needed to score six to ensure a win. Great memories.
  • Those were the days when we needed to score six to ensure a win.

That's what poor Huddersfield thought! ;-)

• I was also at the Swansea/Notts Co/Southampton games. There was a certain magic about evening games in those days. Still actually prefer games under floodlights, seems more atmospheric somehow. I've also seen us concede 6 or 7 a couple of times!!
  • stevec said:

My dad was at the Huddersfield game 7 - 6 does that count?

I don't think my dad was there, but he used to talk about it a lot so I'm counting it ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2012
    4 bowman said:

Now im going to rack everyones Brain, but i think (memory ain't what it used to be) i was at a dodgy (full members or whatever it was called) in the early to mid 80's where there was a very small crowd but we won 7-0, could just all be a dream though could be the brain addled by alcohol as well :-) over to all you statos to shoot me down and ruin my memories

Sorry, but no. The only "7" we've been involved in since I started going in 1969 was when we lost 7-0 at Brighton.

We were 5-0 down at HT. It was so bad we decided to make the best of it & were doing the conga.

That was probably in the 70's.

It was sweetened a little by our winning there 2-5 some years later.
  • Exactly the same thought went through my mind on Tuesday - we had half an hour to score one more and we didn't do it. Buggers.

• We beat Peterborough 6-1 away only a few years ago... If not already mentioned!! remember that one?
  • 4 bowman said:

Now im going to rack everyones Brain, but i think (memory ain't what it used to be) i was at a dodgy (full members or whatever it was called) in the early to mid 80's where there was a very small crowd but we won 7-0, could just all be a dream though could be the brain addled by alcohol as well :-) over to all you statos to shoot me down and ruin my memories

Sorry, but no. The only "7" we've been involved in since I started going in 1969 was when we lost 7-0 at Brighton.

We were 5-0 down at HT. It was so bad we decided to make the best of it & were doing the conga.

Burnley stuck 7 past us too.

Not sure when but Les Berry was playing and went off injured I think

• Dave2l said:

We beat Peterborough 6-1 away only a few years ago... If not already mentioned!! remember that one?

No, we didn't.
  • Dave2l said:

We beat Peterborough 6-1 away only a few years ago... If not already mentioned!! remember that one?

Crap that was 5-1... Was certain it was 6
  • I was also at the Swansea/Notts Co/Southampton games. There was a certain magic about evening games in those days. Still actually prefer games under floodlights, seems more atmospheric somehow. I've also seen us concede 6 or 7 a couple of times!!

We often played our best football in those floodlit games back then.
    Do you remember; they used to say it was because the players couldn't see the empty terraces :-)

• LenGlover said:

4 bowman said:

Quite right Len. My mistake. Thankfully I didn't go to that one.
    I do recall us being 2-4 up at Burnley & losing 5-4, in about '76 (unless I'm wrong again).
  • I'm sure we lost at Luton on a freezing cold Friday(?) night and they scored 7?

I was at the game but no idea when it was.
  • On a Saturday afternoon in Feb '83 I had the misfortune to suffer chest pains while shopping with the missus in, what was then, Safeways in Blackfen. I went outside to get some air, and by the time my wife came out with the shopping I was in some trouble. She drove me to the A&E at the old Brook hospital and I was immediately admitted to the coronary unit. I was monitored for a while and thankfully it didn't get any worse (seems it was a random Arrhythmia attack possibly caused by some medication I was on).

Later in the evening, my sons came in to visit and I asked them how Charlton had got on and was told about the 7-1 tonking at Burnley!!! I'm glad to say that being a seasoned Addick, that news did not cause a relapse!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sure we lost at Luton on a freezing cold Friday(?) night and they scored 7?

Bloody hell, that's embarassing. Yes we did & I was there & forgot !
  • I was also at the swansea and notts county games, laughably county scored in the last minute. The Bristol Rovers game was a cracker they hit the bar in the first minute we hit it in the last, and 25 mins at 5-5. They had won all their seven games at home before us and we had won i think our last 4 away games so a banker drawer was on the cards.

I was also at sheff wed away (in jan 82 i think it was) when we lost 5-4. I said to my mate at half time we would be alright here as we wont concede three goals in the second half. I was right we conceded 4.
  • LenGlover said:

4 bowman said:

It was 4-4 mate after we were 4-1 with about 1

Quite right Len. My mistake. Thankfully I didn't go to that one.
    I do recall us being 2-4 up at Burnley & losing 5-4, in about '76 (unless I'm wrong again).
    It was 4-4 and we were 4-1 up with 10 mins to go if i recall we ended the game with 9 men and they had a goal dissalowed for off side in inury time

sat 3rd sept 1977 we lost 7-1 @ luton

we won 6-1 away at Luton in Feb 1962

• Oohaah, either you are the saddest man in England or you keep a copy of 'Home and Away with Charlton Athletic' by Colin Cameron close at hand at all times. :-)

• we won 6-1 away at Luton in Feb 1962

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe that is still our record largest League away win?

• i just use the above site .....
    i'm not gonna check all the clubs but i reckon you're right oggy

sat 3rd sept 1977 we lost 7-1 @ luton

we won 6-1 away at Luton in Feb 1962

That can't be the game as when I say it was freezing

IT WAS F*CKING FREEZING.

The terracing was covered in ice.

The game would never be played today. Elf and safety and that..........

• 1979 friday 21st dec we lost 3-0 at luton maybe that's the one