Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has anyone seen Charlton score 6 (six) goals or more in 90 minutes of a competitive match.....

Comments

• 1979 friday 21st dec we lost 3-0 at luton maybe that's the one

You could well be right.

It maybe just felt like we'd let in 7.

• I was at the 7-6 Huddersfield game.

I was there also. It was December 1957. Alas, my Dad dragged me out when we were 6 - 3 down. That is the reason I won't leave a match before the end no matter what is happening on the pitch.
  • masicat said:

Apoel Nicosia...9-0 I think?? Friendly though. These days they are in the Champions League.

• That Luton game was made worse because they made us take our boots off :(

I remember losing 1-5 at Home to them too in about 74
  • Right got it now we beat brentford 5-0 on the night it was 6-3 on agg league cup 80/81 memory must have added a few on making us worldbeaters lol
  • Remember the Brentford game, we lost 1-3 there on the previous Saturday and faced them in the second leg in midweek winning 5.0. Did someone get a hat-trick, either Paul Walsh or Killer?

Strangely enough, we then played them at home again on the following Saturday for our first league game of the season, winning 3-1.
  • Although we've scored 6 twice in recent seasons on the road I've only seen us score 5 or more 3 times and the last was 10 years against Coventry.

So does anyone remember "The Luscious Lindy Williams?"
  • edited November 2012
    E-cafc said:

Remember the Brentford game, we lost 1-3 there on the previous Saturday and faced them in the second leg in midweek winning 5.0. Did someone get a hat-trick, either Paul Walsh or Killer?

Strangely enough, we then played them at home again on the following Saturday for our first league game of the season, winning 3-1.

I'm pretty sure that Paul Walsh, just 17 years old at the time, scored a hatrick in the 5-0 win.

• What was the score in the Wimbledon league cup game?, I think it was either 3-3 or 4-4 in the 2nd leg at home but the first game was also high scoring!
  • Sponsored links:

• What was the score in the Wimbledon league cup game?, I think it was either 3-3 or 4-4 in the 2nd leg at home but the first game was also high scoring!

The first game was 4-5 away with Bowyer getting a hat trick. The second finished 2-3 after 90 mins, then in extra time, we scored the equaliser on the night and the winner of the tie to make it 3-3 on the night after extra time and for us to go through, or was it 4-4, sure we won 9-8 on agg.
  • I was at the 7-6 Huddersfield game.

It could'nt have been 6-3, as they scored their 6th to level the scores.

I was there also. It was December 1957. Alas, my Dad dragged me out when we were 6 - 3 down. That is the reason I won't leave a match before the end no matter what is happening on the pitch.

I was at the 7-6 Huddersfield game.

I was at the 7-6 Huddersfield game.

• Oggy Red said:

E-cafc said:

Remember the Brentford game, we lost 1-3 there on the previous Saturday and faced them in the second leg in midweek winning 5.0. Did someone get a hat-trick, either Paul Walsh or Killer?

I'm pretty sure that Paul Walsh, just 17 years old at the time, scored a hatrick in the 5-0 win.

Yes I remember it. Walsh scored a hat trick in front of about 4,200 at a guess.
  • Think it was 3.3 against Wimbledon. Robinson equalised for us to put us through 8-7 on agg!
  • Was privileged to be at both the 7-6 against Huddersfield and the 7-4 against Pompey. Was also at Luton when we won 6-1 which I think is still our highest away score
  • LenGlover said:

4 bowman said:

Now im going to rack everyones Brain, but i think (memory ain't what it used to be) i was at a dodgy (full members or whatever it was called) in the early to mid 80's where there was a very small crowd but we won 7-0, could just all be a dream though could be the brain addled by alcohol as well :-) over to all you statos to shoot me down and ruin my memories

Sorry, but no. The only "7" we've been involved in since I started going in 1969 was when we lost 7-0 at Brighton.

We were 5-0 down at HT. It was so bad we decided to make the best of it & were doing the conga.

That was probably in the 70's.

It was sweetened a little by our winning there 2-5 some years later.
    Burnley stuck 7 past us too.

Not sure when but Les Berry was playing and went off injured I think

Ended up with 9 men up Burnley....Dennis got nicked after the game aswell.
  • In the 26 years I've been following Charlton I'm pretty sure we haven't scored six in a competitive game home or away. The same conversation must go on all over the Valley every time we score five: "I've never seen us score six you know........"

Hopefully this will be the season.
  • My first ever game at Charlton, just been relegated from the old 1st Div. We beat Middlesboro' 6-2. Can vaguely remember Brian Clough and Peter Taylor playing for Boro. I was still at School!
  • Charlton 6 Southampton 2, as I remember it was an evening game September ( ish ) 76, I went with a girlfriend and left with a couple ( or so I thought ) minutes to go with us winning 4-2 to walk to my car parked in the Heights as soon as I was out of the ground I heard another goal go in and got to the Heights just in time to look back ( you could then ) and see Hales get his hat trick......Doh!
  • Shag said:

we beat Brentford 6-3 in the 1930's

Brunello , were you at this one ?

He was deffo there , think he's just forgot
  • Sponsored links:

• We've got a fucking personality !!!
  • Anyone at Barnsley today COYR! Years ago saw us beat Swansea 6-2 at the valley and also 6-2 v Middlesboro' when they had Brian Clough and Peter Taylor playing for them!
  • Was really tempted to stretch to the cost of going today. That'll teach me. :-(
  • 6-0 v swansea, 6-1 v Notts County, 6-2 v Saints

• 3 times notts county swansea and saints
  • So glad I came to oakwell and dragged Eric jnr with me. 41 years of following charlton and never seen anything like it. If fuller could shot straight it might have been double figures but mustn't be greedy!
  • Those of us who who were lucky enough to support the Club in the 50's/60's were used to seeing a glut of high-scoring matches 7-6 v Huddersfield, 6-6 v Middlesborough, 6-1 away at Luton, 7-4 v Portsmouth, 8-1 v Middlesborough, 6-4 v Plymouth and I hate to say it, but an 11-1 defeat at Villa thrown in as well. I can proudly say that I attended all of these matches. However, the game has changed so much since then, especially with regards to the weight of the ball and the heavy boots which were worn in that era.

+ an
  • Can still see Buck Ryan header 7 6 v Huddersfield