Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Varney, Kavanagh, and Everitt! (Page 13: Note from Rick Everitt)

Comments

• agree with north London Addick entirely. We have a number of jornos on here and yet none have the gumption to do a bit of investigating and try to find the truth. More interested on scooping the latest loan signing which we had already told them about the previous week. Anyone would surely think the departures of PV, SK, RE and now WP, at least two of them having been sacked, more than slightly concerning.
  • edited October 2012
    In fairness, Large, I think the local press are out of their depth on this one in terms of a proper investigation. Even if the reporters had the resources and expertise, their editors and publishers would wet themselves.
  • I think there is one family of journos AB that would have the ability now if only I could think of their surname
  • In fairness, Large, I think the local press are out of their depth on this one in terms of a proper investigation. Even if the reporters had the resources and expertise, their editors and publishers would wet themselves.

That's Worrying
  • edited October 2012
    What you are failing to understand is that CAFC is now a privately owned company and if those who privately own it want to tell you diddly squat then that is what they will do.

What are the journos supposed to do? Kidnap and torture them?
  • Be a nosey journo and let the people who matter most understand what they face and find

I would love it to say its all bullshite and move on as every day I wake up I find myself resigned to the fact that no one actually cares
  • Be a nosey journo and let the people who matter most understand what they face and find

I would love it to say its all bullshite and move on as every day I wake up I find myself resigned to the fact that no one actually cares

I think the biggest problem is that the people who care are the 1's that are deemed not to matter
  • Did anyone ask the catering people if the truth was they didn't get weighed out

Or the coach company paid late all would enable us as fans to formulate better knowledge of what is going on
  • Did anyone ask the catering people if the truth was they didn't get weighed out

Or the coach company paid late all would enable us as fans to formulate better knowledge of what is going on

Hardly "Hold the front page" stories.
  • edited October 2012
    Why do they have to be hold the front page we have local papers and you have places like this forum and other forums where people are interested I don't think anything Charlton warrants national paper exposure but the mercury Sth London press and new shopper all carry weight with fans wanting to know if the noises they are hearing are either true or false

Yet the media fans from within say nothing because if like you say things are too difficult to find out that they don't bother
  • Sponsored links:

• RE sacking mentioned by the journalist Steve Tongue in the Sunday Independent today. I suspect he reads C L, if so, hello Steve

His wife, one of his daughters and son support Charlton
  • IMO

If people like Mick done their job and found out what was going on at the club for all the fans on this board the whole thing would either be out in the open or put to bed

If someone who worked for and supported the club doesn't find it strange that a prominent member of staff resigned and is now being suggested was fired

Then another one the CEO leaves unexpectedly reportedly not of his choosing

Another senior member of staff is dismissed after a 12 week investigation

There have been reports of non payment to local businesses

Players due to sign that don't offers on table removed

Surely any journalist with the club involved at heart would want to dig using the sources that they must have

Instead they read here ignore the obvious calls for facts to be laid out infrint of those who care the most the fans

I find it very ironic that they then use this forum to score points instead of going away doing the work and making it public

Very strange behaviour

I have a feeling that Mick knows what's going on but is biding his time before he reveals all
  • edited October 2012
    Less biding his time, more waiting for a particular event I would imagine. But I think you expect too much of Mick.

NLA - I worked in the local press 15 years ago and it was a shoestring operation then. It's even thinner now. It's not the fault of individuals, it's just the way it is in London and increasingly elsewhere. Proper investigations take time and money which they just don't have.
  • Would the national press be interested if the majority of Charlton fans aren't?
  • Anyone got Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein's numbers?
  • Recent posts from a fair few people who's opinions I respect greatly on this forum give me a bad feeling that something big (in a bad way) is going to happen soon. Not sure what that is, it's just the impression I get. Hope I am wrong & that it's just my imagination working overtime .

Maybe I just need a good night's sleep!!
  • Recent posts from a fair few people who's opinions I respect greatly on this forum give me a bad feeling that something big (in a bad way) is going to happen soon. Not sure what that is, it's just the impression I get. Hope I am wrong & that it's just my imagination working overtime .

Are you pondering on Airman's mention of " a particular event" ?

If so, I'm sure you are not alone.....

Yep me too...
  • edited October 2012

Recent posts from a fair few people who's opinions I respect greatly on this forum give me a bad feeling that something big (in a bad way) is going to happen soon. Not sure what that is, it's just the impression I get. Hope I am wrong & that it's just my imagination working overtime .

Not just Airman, but yes, that was the tip of the iceberg in my little brain
  • se9addick said:

Recent posts from a fair few people who's opinions I respect greatly on this forum give me a bad feeling that something big (in a bad way) is going to happen soon. Not sure what that is, it's just the impression I get. Hope I am wrong & that it's just my imagination working overtime .

Yep me too...
    Same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pay day next Wednesday?
  • It's a cliffhanger all this...
  • Maybe I am just being naive but if I was a journo and had the knowledge and training to work out the best way to do it and I thought things were not right at my club I'd like to think I would do a lot of stuff in my own time and supply my fellow fans with as much info as I could

My main thoughts were though that I find it strange the first real comment from mick was to fire cheap shots at others I think it was 3 months ago I posted that it would be great for Any journo fans to dig for us and try to put Some factual perspective on what is being discussed and argued on Here

I am very disappointed that things are being insinuated as a rather gloomy yet we don't have any real way of finding things out without someone breaking ranks from within rather than someone poking from outside
  • "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you"

Joseph Heller
  • Cause for a local paper, even the threat of a lawsuit would probably shut them down
  • Maybe I am just being naive but if I was a journo and had the knowledge and training to work out the best way to do it and I thought things were not right at my club I'd like to think I would do a lot of stuff in my own time and supply my fellow fans with as much info as I could

My main thoughts were though that I find it strange the first real comment from mick was to fire cheap shots at others I think it was 3 months ago I posted that it would be great for Any journo fans to dig for us and try to put Some factual perspective on what is being discussed and argued on Here

I am very disappointed that things are being insinuated as a rather gloomy yet we don't have any real way of finding things out without someone breaking ranks from within rather than someone poking from outside

Someone, perhaps with inside information who no longer works there?
    And who posts on here?
    And who used to be a local journo?
  • Rothko said:

Cause for a local paper, even the threat of a lawsuit would probably shut them down

Agreed. Totally understand what NLA is saying but no journo is going to be willing to put their paper or career in jeopardy, regardless of how much they love the club
  • Who maybe if others done what I would have hoped they would may not have had too

It's just my view but I feel let down by the local journos I even sent paddy Collins an email and didn't dignify or warrant a response as it turned out which is a real shame as I hold him in high regard as a journo and I might be wrong but always assumed he was an addick
  • To be fair to TJ and MS, it is possible that all the departures and sackings are because they and Protheroe genuinely think the club needed fresh blood in these positions, i.e. they're making the changes for what they see as logical reasons (even if many here passionately disagree with them). From the point of view of the press, they might consider it a non story at the moment, until the effect of these changes can be judged.
  • Paddy, Micks dad, is a charlton fan.