Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Varney, Kavanagh, and Everitt! (Page 13: Note from Rick Everitt)

Comments

• If you want to see the results of the cost cuttings, suggest you go to the ticket section of the CAFC website, go down to the Ipswich game and note how many mistakes there are in the write up. Also whilst you are there could you tell me the cost of an adult and U11 ticket in the family section and when do they go on sale, I had a long day and couldn't work it out?

£17 adults, £10 U18s, £5 U11s. On sale Nov 20th - all in my article in Saturday's Valley Review p18.
  • Can't be yours it has Matt Wrights name next to it.
  • edited October 2012
    Cheers airman Brown, trouble was for the first time in over ten years I forgot to buy a programme, so I thought I go onto the website. Thanks info now passed onto future son in law and grandson, sure Father Christmas will be splashing the cash for a couple of tickets.

Thanks for your help, and I wish you all the best in future.
  • Plaaayer said:

Can't be yours it has Matt Wrights name next to it.

Oddly, so does the one on page 26. I must compliment Matt on his sudden and hitherto concealed detailed knowledge of Valley Express and indeed the geography of Kent . . .
  • ...... and Sussex.
  • (Off topic, slightly)
    Who wrote the piece about Ricks' "Sacking" in last weeks Mail On Sunday ?
  • (Off topic, slightly)

Why the quotes ("Sacking") - he was sacked?
  • micks1950 said:

(Off topic, slightly)

Why the quotes ("Sacking") - he was sacked?
    "Sacked" is the word used on page 13 of this thread so one assumes so.
  • edited October 2012
  • Sorry to drag this thread up again… but heard this morning that Steve Kavanagh and Peter Varney have been informed they will be banned from all Charlton games unless they drop their case against the club for outstanding monies owed. Not sure if Mr Everitt or anyone else has any info on this but would be disgusted if this is true after what both men have done for the club
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn't strike me as a very meaningful threat to the chief executive of Southend . . .
  • Doesn't strike me as a very meaningful threat to the chief executive of Southend . . .

Unless we get them in the 3 rd round of the cup.

Unless we get them in the 3 rd round of the cup.
    In which case they wouldn't be able to enforce it under competition rules!
  • Can't believe its true - I heard PV simply left because he didn't want a 'full time' role and was happy with a couple of days - Doesn't seem to tally with a compensation claim but i really have as much idea as anyone else i should think.
  • Reg,

I've a spare ticket for the East Stand tomorrow if your interested.

I can dig out a fake moustache from somewhere as well.
  • Can't believe its true - I heard PV simply left because he didn't want a 'full time' role and was happy with a couple of days - Doesn't seem to tally with a compensation claim but i really have as much idea as anyone else i should think.

Couple of days would be twice as much as Mr. Prothero !

• edited November 2012
    Here's SB_Addick's only previous post on Charlton Life. This user joined on August 8th, just after the club announced that Steve Kavanagh's contract had been terminated.

I can tell you for a fact that his account of Peter Varney's departure and Steve Kavanagh's are not truthful or accurate. You will also note the very different tone of the latest posting.

I believe SB_Addick is acting from a position of knowledge at the top of the club as an agent provocateur and therefore Lifers would be well advised to treat what he says with extreme caution.
    SB_Addick said:

I have read this forum from afar for a number of years. I’ve always been happy to stay on the fringes and read other people’s views but have finally felt compelled to write something myself! I have to admit to a certain/considerable amount of bias before I do write anything more as over the years I have got to know Peter Varney a little, through a close friend of mine.

PV is a very private person who has caused me years of endless frustration having continually refused to give me any ‘inside info’ despite my persistent attempts to extract something (anything!) from him. I do know though that - and I am sure he will not mind me saying it - that it was entirely his decision to leave the club. It has been a source of frustration for me reading otherwise on here so god knows how he would feel if he read Charlton Life!

Having spoken to him briefly just before he returned to the club he told me he planned to work around two days a week. Since then I understand it’s been more like six or seven and he always vowed to cut down on his work as he approached his ‘later years’ (He wouldn’t thank me for saying that!). That is his reasoning for leaving the club (I think handling 30-odd transfers last year probably didn’t help!!)
    I do have to add that I have been told from various other people working within the club that there are other reasons for him deciding to jump ship. Of which they are, I don’t know, and I fear, knowing Peter as I do, that he will never divulge the full reasons.

But I just wanted to make it clear that it was his decision to leave, very much against the wishes of the board, having read endless posts that claim he was, in effect, sacked. I don’t know Steve K very well I’m afraid but I do understand it was also his decision to leave. Why, I don’t really know, but as a (extremely) long-time Charlton fan I do find it disheartening and concerning to see two highly-respected football people leave and a relative rookie - certainly in the sense of running a football club anyway – arrive, in Mr Prothero, especially when he is only working one day a week and, from what I have been told, has yet to even begin work. Anyway, let's hope the players carry on where they left off last season and give us more to cheer on the pitch as, after all, that's what really matters!

Sorry for rambling but felt the need to say something!

Cheers

SB

• the plot thickens then. Looking forward to the day when all becomes known, although I may be waiting a long time.
  • edited November 2012
    Airman Brown said: "believe SB_Addick is acting from a position of knowledge at the top of the club as an agent provocateur and therefore Lifers would be well advised to treat what he says with extreme caution."

With all due respect Airman the same accusation could have been made about some of your historic posts.

• edited November 2012
    Except RCT we always knew who AB was so there was no element of him being undercover.

• Sponsored links:

• Leave it Tony.
  • *reaches for the popcorn*
  • Can assure you Airman that I am not acting as an ‘agent provocateur’ – think you may be reading far too much into what I said, was just simply passing on information that I’ve heard from a few friends that work in and around the club. And Henry, have never claimed to be a good friend of Peter Varney’s, I simply happen to know someone who is a good friend of Peter’s. Sadly, have been unable to extract any info from our mutual friend though since PV’s departure! Had heard nothing else until someone else told me this morning about the alleged banning threat so decided to say something as it made me pretty angry
  • *reaches for the popcorn*

Save some for me

• edited November 2012
    Seems very reasonable point of view to me

Cheers SB
  • edited November 2012
    That's not the impression your previous posting gives.

"Having spoken to him briefly just before he returned to the club"....." caused me years of endless frustration"...

• edited November 2012

Except RCT we always knew who AB was so there was no element of him being undercover.

Fair point. In that case I'll rephrase my above post just highlighting the final thirteen words (in bold) I quoted. ;-)
  • SB,

Thanks for that.

Can you explain what you meant by PV and SK's case for unpaid monies?

Don't think I have heard that before.

Also it doesn't tally with what you said about PV leaving by his own choice.

Why did PV and SK leave then according to your sources?
  • SB,

Thanks for that.

Can you explain what you meant by PV and SK's case for unpaid monies?

Don't think I have heard that before.

Also it doesn't tally with what you said about PV leaving by his own choice.

Why did PV and SK leave then according to your sources?

Check (as in chess!).
  • Leave it Tony!!!