Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney, Kavanagh, and Everitt! (Page 13: Note from Rick Everitt)

edited October 2012 in General Charlton
My spy in the boardroom tells me that Charlton legend Airman Brown has been sacked by the club, and the sacking takes effect from September 28th.
Peter Varney, and Steve Kavanagh have already 'departed' (didn't really know what word to use there, maybe sacked would have been a better one), and now another significant person working for the club.
Makes me wonder who may be next, and I hope my deepest fears are unfounded.
BTW, this is not an obscure promotion for the upcoming Supporters Trust meeting, but in the light of things I would urge all true interested Charltonians to be there...I will be.

Comments

• Options
    I hope that this is untrue, but if not we might at last find out what is going on at the club by someone who knows and can talk.
  • Options
    This news would be somewhat more believable if you used his real name, not his user name on an internet forum. Clearly it's not 'Airman'.
  • Options
    Another person gone who has contributed a lot to the cub.

Hope it as nothing to do with his sometimes frank posts on here.
  • Options
    horrible news if true cos he is part of the fabric of what makes Charlton and i will feel sick for the fella and for what is going on at our club

still it's all rosey
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

This news would be somewhat more believable if you used his real name, not his user name on an internet forum. Clearly it's not 'Airman'.

You know what, I hope it isn't true either, but we won't have to wait long to get a clearer picture I reckon.
    I pretty much believe what I have posted above to be true.

• Options
    Wouldn't be surprised. When Varney and then kavanagh left think Airmans writing may well have been on the wall
  • Options
    Do hope this isn't true
  • Options
    If this is correct then I have had enough. I wish that Jimenez never went near our club with his gang of completely legal tax-avoiders!
  • Options
    If he has been sacked there is no other word for it than disgusting. The bloke has worked tirelessly for the club for years. Without people like him Crystal Athletic would have played away at some god forsaken hell hole tonight.
  • Options
    I just knew it would be Airman. Charlton is being de -Charltonised, loyalty to the regime is what counts, not loyalty to the club and long service. A crap evening has just got a mega whole lot worse. Please don't let it be true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he has been "sacked" it will be interesting to see the reason, I think we can say that Varney & Kav walked although I might be wrong
  • Options

If he has been "sacked" it will be interesting to see the reason, I think we can say that Varney & Kav walked although I might be wrong

You think we'll be given a reason? Give over.

Given Rick's pretty forth right views, I suspect we'll hear from him on the subject if it is true.

• Options
    Sorry Clem I meant from Rick, I was not expecting a statement from the club
  • Options
    Holy Moly. Sad if confirmed.
  • Options
    No betterr forum for Airman to voice his piece than Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Thread title change from my original one.
  • Options
    Change it back!
  • Options
    Am I able to do that? I thought the thread title had been changed by a moderator or someone with some kind of authority.
  • Options
    My original title was;
    'Varney, Kavanagh, and then there were three!'
  • Options
    For clarity Seth, how can you be sacked two weeks in advance ?

Hope not true. The big thing about the rebirth of our club since the Valley return has been the character of the club built at all levels by people with Charlton in their heart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 years and his cover's finally been blown...
  • Options

For clarity Seth, how can you be sacked two weeks in advance ?

Hope not true. The big thing about the rebirth of our club since the Valley return has been the character of the club built at all levels by people with Charlton in their heart.

When people are sacked is it with notice, or from the next pay day? Are all sackings instant dismissals?
  • Options
    Wahey! Found a way to restore the original thread title, mind you if a moderator has changed it...I will change it back again!
  • Options
    Seemed to be quite happy outside the valley tonight. Surely if you are sacked then you are asked to walk straight away, maybe there is an agreed parting of the ways with a comprtomise agreement which would also buy Ricks Airmans silence
  • Options
    @seth I was only joking: I had sent a link out and once the title changed the link broke! Sent a second one and now that's broke cos you've changed it back! Lol
  • Options
    If he has gone, could it be as part of the Martin Prothero review of the management structure?
  • Options
    when an employee with a contract is sacked there is a period of notice in the contract which the employee either works or leaves immediately but is paid, the only exception is for gross misconduct which can lead to instant dismissal, and gross misconduct differs with different jobs. A sacking can include a compromise agreement where the employee is given a lump sum but has to sign an agreement which usually prohibits them from giving information about the company or their departure.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Seemed to be quite happy outside the valley tonight.Ricks Airmans silence

Thought so... I was only selling Voice to line his palace loving pockets ;/

Hope it's not true for Rick's and our sakes.
  • Options
    Thank fxxk there's only six minutes left of today. At least the day can't get any worse.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

@seth I was only joking: I had sent a link out and once the title changed the link broke! Sent a second one and now that's broke cos you've changed it back! Lol

Oh, can't say I really understand all that, sorry if I messed something up though. my computer skills and knowledge are pretty limited.