Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Varney, Kavanagh, and Everitt! (Page 13: Note from Rick Everitt)

Comments

• Can we have a Shakespeare appriciation thread?
  • Can we have a Shakespeare appriciation thread?

Waiting with bated breath for the spelling police

• Kap10 said:

Can we have a Shakespeare appriciation thread?

I have a loose tooth so not offisally a smelling miscake.

• Kap10 said:

Phats gud two no

• Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Phats gud two no

Molar let slide?

• I have a copy of the collected woks of William Shakespeare if that would be of any help.
  • Oggy Red said:

Well, Phuket !!

There couple weeks back. Nice place.
  • I have a copy of the collected woks of William Shakespeare if that would be of any help.

Was that his lesser-celebrated oriental cookbook?
  • Shakespeare wasn't too arsed about spelling himself, spelling his own name in different ways. The spelling, grammar, punctuation correct English police, seem to have been created by anally retentive Victorians to pin our language and writing down to a fixed point which they called correct or proper English. The debate should really be about communication, if you know what 'c u L8er m8' means that could be argued as good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• We could check the understanding of others by ending each sentence with:

"do you know what I mean?"

I'm sure this would only enrich one of the most widely spoke languages in the world.
  • You know, this is so true, you know!

I'm sure this would only enrich one of the most widely spoke languages in the world.

We could also, like, insert words, like, into sentences, like, which add nothing to their, like, meaning.
  • The study of Shakespeare may well help some of the language complaints mentioned here, although we're way off topic.
    Shakespeare used the phrase: 'light thickens' for example...is that good use of language or nonsense? personally I think creating such a phrase is genius.

We could also, like, insert words, like, into sentences, like, which add nothing to their, like, meaning.

Good idea, "in it" ben
  • Like we could broaden our skills set innit. Wills does a neat line in insults such as -'Sblood, you starveling, you elf-skin, you dried neat's tongue, you bull's pizzle, you stock-fish! O for breath to utter what is like thee! you tailor's-yard, you sheath, you bowcase; you vile standing-tuck!
  • Do you bite your thumb at me sir?
  • But you do bite your thumb.
  • I was in a production of Romeo and Juliet when I was eighteen,it scared the life out of me.
  • I do bit my thumb
  • Sponsored links:

• I do bit my thumb

Surely that should be...I do bit my thumb like, init! ;)
  • Shouldn't it be us instead of me?
  • Now it would be

"Oh, you mug, you biting your fecking thumb at me?"

"I'm biting my thumb you mupput, what's it to you?"
  • Henry Irving...bringing the Bard to the masses!!

;-)
  • TelMc32 said:

Henry Irving...bringing the cardy to the masses!!

;-)

• Off_it said:

Wtf?

Is that Slovenian for Watford?

• They've finally all flipped on this thread - crackers!
  • Was it just co-incidence that the Valley Express coaches today all seemed to be from the same company or has there been some streamlining going on?

• Stig said:

Was it just co-incidence that the Valley Express coaches today all seemed to be from the same company or has there been some streamlining going on?

I doubt if this is the case. The Redwing/Reliance coaches usually park one side of the roundabout and the New Enterprise and Rambler coaches the other side.

Reliance wouldn't fancy the Sussex pick-ups and would be much more expensive if sent there, since they come out of a depot in Gravesend, or Camberwell in the case of Redwing.

- that's enough coaches. Ed.