Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney, Kavanagh, and Everitt! (Page 13: Note from Rick Everitt)

Comments

• Options

loads of Charlton Life connections on that list of winners

Is that your misses AFKA?
  • Options
    Not a sacking but there are rumours that Helen Reed the HR manager has resigned for personal reasons. She's been around for a good number of years and interviewed me for a job at CAFC back in the early 00's. If so, good luck Helen
  • Options
    That would be a real shame. Lovely person and very professional.

Good luck Helen
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It's not unconnected with other recent events, though. Given that Helen is personnel manager and what has been going on, it has been coming for some time to my knowledge. I should say though that nobody affected holds anything that's happened recently against her, even though she's been caught up in the middle of it. The senior staff know what pressure she has been put under.

On a selfish note I wonder if the club will decide my appeal before she leaves . . . Anyone would think they were spinning it out for a reason.
  • Options
    Is/was she full time HR Airman, or freelance?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Off_it said:

Is/was she full time HR Airman, or freelance?

Permanent staff, for about the last ten years. It's unfair she's been put in this position and I wish her all the best.
  • Options
    It seems that much is a changing within the walls of the club

I would however air on the side of caution when posting as to not seem like some are seen to come across as speaking on the behalf of others even if that is not the intention

I am sure that this lady has proberly had the worst situation thrust upon her and that the things she has Bourne witness too are things she wishes had been avoidable and that both parties in this seemingly horrible mess had acted in different ways and with different intentions on many occasions

It does seem to be that we have a lot of turmoil and a higher than normal staff turnover than in previous campaigns

I get the feeling there are many things that may raise its ugly head at a time when it will proberly be needed least

I do hope that the bitterness that does seem to be hovering in the background on both parties side can lessen and that amicable and grown up solutions be found for both those with grievances against the leadership structure within Cafc and those whom the club see as a problem that once worked within those corridors

Negativity breads negative thoughts and within a football club that can be a real real issue
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I don't claim to speak for Helen, which is why I didn't bring this news forward myself. But do bear in mind that when you say "the club" you are talking about three people. They may be in positions of power, but the club is much bigger than them and will be here long after they've gone. Hopefully!
  • Options
    In my humble opInion on this we have now lost PV Kav RE WP now Helen

In a very short space of time , Helen could've resigned for her own reasons those on the out side don't know

And it would be wrong for us to presume other wise

But to me it would seem that there is something not right within the make up of the organisation for to lose 4 key members of staff and now a 5th has walked away, something that thoae found disagreeable is proberly the reason for it

I didn't think you had spoken on her behalf AB I was just trying to highlight that Helen has resigned through her own choice and although you and I do believe that there is proberly some link to all 5 it may be better for her, if for example she has not resigned with immediate affect that it was not presumed within the public domain that her resignation was linked to her being unhappy with certain things that have taken place , as she will still have to be in the presence of some of those and have daily interaction who we know read here and may chose to cause her a bit of discomfort within role for her remainder of time
  • Options
    If the five very significant departures were part of some kind of carefully managed restructuring, or new diresction, or money saving exercise, or thoughtful review, then you would've thought they would've happened more or less together, or at sensible moments as the year unfolded (e.g. the summer). However it is all in dreary dribs and drabs, with Airman awaiting an appeal (so thats not a managed departure whatever the others are), and a sense that something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
    I also think, given the flimsy 'clue' contained in Slaters programme notes, that the power brokers at Charlton think it is somehow outrageous that us pleb supporters should question, be curious, or even complain about what is happening.
    Personally I think the evidence is pretty compelling that we are living through dangerous times for the club, even though there are posters here who regularly say that all is probably for the best, they know what they're doing, and because we got promoted then that is evidence that we are well run by people of integrity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, but what has "The state of Denmark" to do with the jobs at CAFC ?
  • Options
    Was the term rotten within the state of denmark a reference term commonly used to highlight issues within an organisation
  • Options

Was the term rotten within the state of denmark a reference term commonly used to highlight issues within an organisation

It's a quote from Hamlet and yes it means there are problems within an organisation or state.
  • Options
    Those cigars are fooking clever not just smoke rings but can write quotes from a play
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't know Helen but I do know Personnel/HR professionals and by and large they are a pretty determined, thick-skinned, pragmatic breed. For all the "softer" sides of the job like recruitment, promotion, training, personal development, coaching and counselling there are a lot of harder sides like redundancies, discipline, harassment, grievance and industrial relations issues where the Personnel/HR professional often has to drive the process, push the decisions (from reluctant line managers) and front up groups and individuals in very confrontational and emotional situations.

I don't presume to comment on Helen's own role in recent events but, with 10 years experience there my guess is that she is unlikely to have resigned because she couldn't handle these situations. She will be made of sterner stuff, I have no doubt. Now, resigning on ethical grounds when one disagrees with the strategy, personal values and behaviours of those in control is a different matter. That is a question of displaying strength, not succumbing to weakness.

I don't know if Helen ever looks on here but, if you do Helen, all the very best for your next career step.
  • Options
    Helen has always been extremely helpful and courteous to me in the times I have had dealings with her. I wish her well if this is true.
  • Options

It's not unconnected with other recent events, though. Given that Helen is personnel manager and what has been going on, it has been coming for some time to my knowledge. I should say though that nobody affected holds anything that's happened recently against her, even though she's been caught up in the middle of it. The senior staff know what pressure she has been put under.

On a selfish note I wonder if the club will decide my appeal before she leaves . . . Anyone would think they were spinning it out for a reason.

You're going through an appeal process ?

Is gobbing off on here daily about your ex-employer the wisest move or do you not want to win the appeal anyway ?
  • Options

I would however air on the side of caution when posting as to not seem like some are seen to come across as speaking on the behalf of others even if that is not the intention

I am sure that this lady has proberly had the worst situation thrust upon her and that the things she has Bourne witness too are things she wishes had been avoidable and that both parties in this seemingly horrible mess had acted in different ways and with different intentions on many occasions

It does seem to be that we have a lot of turmoil and a higher than normal staff turnover than in previous campaigns

I get the feeling there are many things that may raise its ugly head at a time when it will proberly be needed least

I do hope that the bitterness that does seem to be hovering in the background on both parties side can lessen and that amicable and grown up solutions be found for both those with grievances against the leadership structure within Cafc and those whom the club see as a problem that once worked within those corridors

Negativity breads negative thoughts and within a football club that can be a real real issue

I don't think that's true. I think we are just noticing them more. I believe when we went down from the Premiership a few people went and I think when we went down from the Championship about ten people were made redundant. (figures are just from memory / guess work?)
    Lets remember that the people that are leaving now are generally being dismissed or resigning which is not the same as the club making them redundant.
    When the club made people redundant it was more of a firm decision to cut back rather than wastage from personal choice. I don't remember there being such an outcry back then?
  • Options
    Airman has had his appeal and is awaiting the decision
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's a quote from Hamlet and yes it means there are problems within an organisation or state.
    Are you sure its not a pub in Gravesend ?
  • Options
    It's a quote from True Romance
  • Options

Don't know why people bother getting upset about things based on rumours and hear'say in the first place. And then get upset when it turns out certain rumours / hear'say might not be true. I swear some people just love the drama.

Been sure to not comment on this thread in a while but I completely agree. People have built an entire backstory to this through rumour and hearsay. If you stand back and say "look, let's just take the 100% facts right now" and you get told you're burying your head in the sand. I'm no where in the know but this thread really has played out like a soap opera. It's actually slightly embarrassing if it wasn't so sad.
    Have to agree too.

• Options
    I thought it might something to do with Vigo Jacobsen and Johnny Oostergaard.
  • Options
    DRF said:

I don't think that's true. I think we are just noticing them more. I believe when we went down from the Premiership a few people went and I think when we went down from the Championship about ten people were made redundant. (figures are just from memory / guess work?)
    Lets remember that the people that are leaving now are generally being dismissed or resigning which is not the same as the club making them redundant.
    When the club made people redundant it was more of a firm decision to cut back rather than wastage from personal choice. I don't remember there being such an outcry back then?

Personally i think there is more behind the losses of PV,KAV,RE,WP than any that have happened before

i dont know this as fact and i wouldnt like to pressume that there is but i will keep considered opinion to myself as to what they may be as i dont know and there is nothing factual in the public domain

with the other losses it was very clear and open
  • Options
    if people can't see the difference between the loss of PV, SK, WP & RE and REDUNDANCIES when we were relegated then they really do have their heads in the sand.
  • Options

Thats a shame...his works are an education in everyday living.

• Options
    Herzberg was right.
  • Options

It's a quote from True Romance

That's where I got it from - only found out it was Shakespearean thanks to this thread! It's not all rubbish!

• Options
    Probably.