Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney, Kavanagh, and Everitt! (Page 13: Note from Rick Everitt)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone still in doubt about the need for a supporters trust ?
  • Options
    Doubt it. His workplace was not the ground but the office
  • Options
    I thought in the summer all these rumours would come to nought. Told last week about Rich leaving and now this.

The only positive I can think of is that we have a start to a new consortium with those who have left the board and Rick. What a good time to launch the trust.
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Good Luck Rick and thank you.
    Like others I've been onto the CAFC FB page, and left a short messege. A very sad day.

Which I think has already been deleted

Absolute muppets. I cannot believe all this.

Its either back or still there at the moment. ;)

• Options
    Rich who is leaving
  • Options
    Wish RE good luck for the future.

However, I am gonna hold judgement for now. I don't know what he did or said, but the current board thought it necessary to sack him.

The only black and white thing I've got from this board is that they saved us financially, got rid of PP, spent a lot of money in 2011, brought in a club legend, got promotion and didn't sell our best player.

When more info is leaked then I'll base my opinion on that, but for now I'm out of the witch hunt.

Maybe I'm missing the point but that's how I see it.
  • Options
    Rick, I'm good mates with Craig Stewart and Keith Martens, I'm sure like me they will be sad to hear this....best wishes for the future.
  • Options

However, I am gonna hold judgement for now. I don't know what he did or said, but the current board thought it necessary to sack him.

The only black and white thing I've got from this board is that they saved us financially, got rid of PP, spent a lot of money in 2011, brought in a club legend, got promotion and didn't sell our best player.

When more info is leaked then I'll base my opinion on that, but for now I'm out of the witch hunt.

Sorry friend but you really are missing the point.

Not sure how long you've been going but if you're an old stager you must surely know all the work Rick Everitt put into getting the club home. And once home, the work he has put into building it up again.

When you walk into the ground on Saturday and see a near capacity ground sitting in a modern stadium, it might be worth remembering that.
  • Options

Sorry friend but you really are missing the point.

Not sure how long you've been going but if you're an old stager you must surely know all the work Rick Everitt put into getting the club home. And once home, the work he has put into building it up again.

When you walk into the ground on Saturday and see a near capacity ground sitting in a modern stadium, it might be worth remembering that.

Maybe I am wrong but football is a personal choice and I dont think that anyone needs to be told that tbh
  • Options
    I'm only 28 but I've read what he has done and I think it's legendary..BUT

Without this current boards intervention 2 years ago would RE been out of a job a lot earlier. There were redundancies left right and centre just a season before we got promoted.

I'm just waiting and hoping for more facts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Big thanks to Rick for all he has done for the club.
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear this Rick. Thanks for your help in the past.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I don't know Airman, I've never met him. But if you're reading this Rick I really feel for you, I'd like to thank you for all you've done and wish you all the best in whatever you choose to do.

Apart from all his well publicised work for the club down the years, I think we should be thankful for what Airman has brought to Charlton Life. There's many a time when he's published items here (all positive about the club, I would stress) explaining whatever the current situation is regarding ticketing and the like; why certain decisions are made/what's likely to happen in certain circumstances and so on. It seems to me that in doing this, Rick has served this site, the regular lifers, Charlton fans generally and the club very very well. He has been a great conduit of information and has scotched many rumours. I cannot think of anything he's done here that could possibly be viewed as anything but positive. It seems to me that the powers that be might just have shot themselves in the foot.
  • Options
    Posting messages on facebook is pointless. We need to get behind Sir Chris and the team and go to the games -not just the £5 ones and make the club as attractive a prospect for new investors as possible. Anybody coming in with a clean slate must be made to understand that they won't find better than Rick - which honestly should be an easy task given his tremendous record over the years. The better the team is doing, the more likely this all gets sorted out for the best as soon as possible.

Making stands and claiming brownie points to antagonise will achieve nothing.
  • Options
    @ChicagoAddick New #cafc Blog Post: Rick Everitt sacked http://wp.me/pMjgH-2v1 Worrying times!
  • Options

Posting messages on facebook is pointless. We need to get behind Sir Chris and the team and go to the games -not just the £5 ones and make the club as attractive a prospect for new investors as possible. Anybody coming in with a clean slate must be made to understand that they won't find better than Rick - which honestly should be an easy task given his tremendous record over the years. The better the team is doing, the more likely this all gets sorted out for the best as soon as possible.

Making stands and claiming brownie points to antagonise will achieve nothing.

Remind me not to stand in the trenches with you Muttley

• Options
    VG

The difficult part is sifting through everything to find the truth

I stand by what I said before the season started as I trust the person who told me

It was rightly scoffed by those that have a different view and I respect their view

I also agree that those who came in did so with the intent to make us a more viable prospect for a decent return on their money I don't see a problem with that as a business plan and it rightly saved jobs and admin at that stage

However if things have changed and people have gone where is the money to plug a deficit that could be bigger than it was 12 months ago

But I agree I am waiting to see now and see what facts come out
  • Options
    This is indeed a sad day ,the real achievement that Rick and the others from the back to the Valley campaigns has been realised over the last six years.

I suspect it is quite easy to fill the Valley whilst we are successful,but what has impressed me is how our support held up when we returned to the third tier for the first time in 30 years ,I don't think we ever went below 12,000 for a league game. I remember supporting us at this level in the 70's and the 80's and we averaged 6/7,000 and 8,000 was felt to be a good crowd.
    Compare this to the Nigels and the Spanners who had worse attendance figures even though they were in a higher division when the away supports are much higher.Indeed Millwall's crowds did fall to 1980's levels just before Kenny Jackett took over as manager.

It was Rick and his colleagues work off the field that contributed to us genuinely becoming number one in South London again as much as what Alan Curbishley's teams achieved on it.
  • Options
    Those that stood in the trenches ended up getting shot for the most part. We don't need hot heads, we need calm heads. What I am saying is more likely to get the outcome we all want than agitating against the club. We know the club in its current guise will not be interested in the posturings of a few of us and the most likely outcome would be that the in fighting will have an effect on the team which could make things even worse.

It is clear that all is not well - and this makes the season all the more important for us. We are 5 points off the play off places with a side that is starting to find its feet in the division and an inspirational manager. A divided struggling club will have little prospect of attracting a new buyer - a successful one will.

Unfortunately, I accept my limitations in this situation - if I had the money to make a positive impact I would do so. The most positive thing I can do is support the team.
  • Options
    I think a chant of "there's only 1 Rick Everitt" should be started by the North Upper ultra's during the game on Saturday with the rest of us joining in - esp as Sat is a "football for a fiver" match - Rick's baby
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Gary

I understand and respect your point of view. I know Rick will too. At the moment I don't know how much legal constraint Rick is, under in terms of being able to give his side of the story.

For now though, I'd just like on his behalf to say this.

The last thing Rick would want is to be or stay employed because of his legendary work in helping us get back to the Valley. That is indeed history. Rick was employed by Richard Murray and Martin Simons for hard headed business reasons (and BTW by any business measure they are more successful business people than Slater or Jiminez). Rick was employed as Club development manager. "Development" meant business development. Getting bums on seats, and getting those bums to return regularly. At this, he became brilliant over 14 years, as many people above have pointed out. This Saturday will be just the latest example of his work. Thats why he was one of the last people RM would have let go in a time of crisis. He puts bums on seats.

I accept this isn't enough for you now. But when the truth comes out about why he was sacked, please place that info against everything he's done for the club SINCE we got back to the Valley, and then ask yourself, was that a smart well-balanced business decision?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I'd chant if I thought it would get Rick his job back or sort out the back room problems. Maybe somebody just needs to explain to me how it will do this and not have a negative effect on the team. I clearly have totally missed something!

BTW, I think the fact that 17K attend the Valley on a regular basis is much more of a testiment to Rick. The £5 scheme is him repairing the damage relegations have done. When we had target 10,000 it looked a bit of a pipe dream but we went on the consistently sell out. due to the success of the team but also in no small part to Rick. The club will be worse off for not having his services for too long.
  • Options
    FFS, just seen this disastrous and worrying news.

Thanks for everything Rick, and many Charlton fans will be hoping that you are back in our great club again sooner rather than later, when the present crew have scuttled off and hopefully replaced by people who understand and care for the heart of our club.

Good luck in any appeal or unfair dismissal procedures you may bring, though I suspect the long delay in them advising the outcome was to make sure they got all their paperwork very thoroughly checked out by an employment lawyer.

I hope to christ that Richard Murray and Chris Powell aren't next out of the door - that really would test my loyalty in the extreme.
  • Options
    Muttley

This is going to sound a bit sarcastic, but you know, sometimes you need to say, enough is enough. I think sacking Rick is one such case. SCP would be that x 10 of course. That is why I think we need to stand up BEFORE that happens.

I am currently very dissatisfied with my cellphone operator, Telefonica O2. However there is no evidence that the other two 'choices' would be any better. Its a cartel. People inside TO2 tell me that it no longer delivers the profit, staff and other resources are being cut, and Telefonica want to sell it.

However according to your reasoning, rather than furiously complain about the crap signals, the crap 8mb ADSL, the crap rip off prices, I should instead call and download more and more, in the vain hope that their revenues lift and some other dodgy bunch of shysters buys it off them??
  • Options
    good luck rick hope you get involved in the trust and look forward to votv return,also look forward to those in the know now being able to post what they know at last,hope we dont have to wait long
  • Options
    What hot heads Muttley and who is agitating against the club? I can see that there are many supporters who are upset, bewildered and some are angry as well. I think that quite a few of us are grappling with the question of 'what, if anything, can we do'? I suspect that almost everyone will be rooting for CP and the squad and Airman made it pretty clear that we need to stand together on this point. Calling people hot heads for being upset seems a bit harsh IMO.
  • Options

I think a chant of "there's only 1 Rick Everitt" should be started by the North Upper ultra's during the game on Saturday with the rest of us joining in - esp as Sat is a "football for a fiver" match - Rick's baby

This, nice and loud get it ringing round the Valley.

• Options
    I know I'm a bit late Rick but you didn't deserve to be sacked.

All the best for the future.
  • Options
    Badger said:

This, nice and loud get it ringing round the Valley.

The only problem with this idea is, that it doesn't scan. I've been rehearsing it in my head, and really, it doesn't scan...

Need a different song, I think...

• Options
    What about "Stand up for Rick Everitt" could have greater impact