Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney, Kavanagh, and Everitt! (Page 13: Note from Rick Everitt)

Comments

• Options
    Cheerio but be back soon............... xxx
  • Options
    I can only echo my dismay at this news.

Good luck in your next steps Airman even if you are a left wing Guardianista lover (copyright Goonerhater)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Rick.... for all our sakes.... and Good Luck.
  • Options

From the underlying feeling at the end of last season that we were all pulling in the same direction to this. For those of us that were around in the era of the Glicksteens there is a horrible feeling of deja vu.

Good luck Rick and thanks in advance for any insight into the goings on.

Worse in my view.

Gliksten had some, via his late father and uncle, feeling for the Club even if it did stagnate under his tenure. It's also very easy to forget that he was 23, yes 23, when he became Chairman so some of what he did (or didn't do) was cock up rather than conspiracy in my view.

I don't think this lot have any allegiance whatsoever to the Club other than the potential to make a buck one way or the other.
  • Options
    i must admit i have not enjoyed this thread or the Paul Elliot thread ...some urban myths seem to be springing up

however i do think the current board need to appoint a good PR adviser and pretty quickly
  • Options
    I wish to echo the expressions of goodwill & support for Rick. I guess Rick's message is the final proof that things are not right behind the scenes at the Valley, although most of us have suspected this for a long time now. Now is not the time to vent about what has happened to Rick, though, so I'll just say good luck for the future. I am absolutely gutted for you.
  • Options
    Best of luck Rick and thanks for everything.......look forward to the next edition of VOTV!
  • Options
    Thanks and good luck Rick.
  • Options
    airman
    regardless of the what -- how and when we--the old barstards know what you have done for this club---they cant change that no matter what is says in a letter.

So although you are a Labour twonk and of course need burning--i say with 100% sincerity many thanks for all you have done for OUR football club.
  • Options
    Looking forward to reading VOTV Rick, all the best
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Rick for the future.

Like everyone here, I desperately would like to know what is going on, and what is the 'big picture'. I wonder if TJ needs to be reminded of the saying,
    "I'd rather have the guy inside my tent pissing out, rather than outside my tent, pissing in."
  • Options
    Can really only echo the gratitude for what Rick has done for our club over the years and the best wishes in whatever he decides to do next. A genuinely sad day in the history of our club.
  • Options

There is already a looking for work thread you could have posted on Rick : - )

Good luck and hope to speak soon.

Some interesting comments for us all to digest.

Agreed I am just watching the blue touch paper smoulder!

• Options
    Rick has been a major player in much of Charlton's successful recent history. Whilst this is all very sad and unfortunate, I'm sure he will return to his old role at the club - if he is willing to - for no other reason than he is the best man for the job. Saturday will be a fitting tribute to his contribution, but things change. It is not inconceivable that the club will have new owners in the near future and we will all have a role to lobby them on who their first appointment - reappointment should be.
  • Options
    Good luck Rick, we are poles apart politically and in terms of our personal history in supporting this club, but always respected the work you have done. I look forward to the first issue of the new VOTV with anticipation, no doubt certain people left at the Valley wont be so keen to read it when your shackles are off.
  • Options
    Bad,Bad news. The "goings on" behind the scene do not sound like the Charlton I have supported for nearly 60 years. Good luck Rick and thanks.
  • Options
    Good luck for the future Rick and I'm sure with your CV you will be sorted.

Can't wait for the return of VOTV
  • Options
    Just back from doing Footy for a Fiver leaflets and gutted to read this.

From a humble 12000, Rick and others have done the groundwork to get us to an 18000 average.
    Not forgetting how long we held onto 20,000+ after we left the Prem.

Mostly due to ticket pricing, sales initiatives, Valley Express, community links etc - all of which are the envy of other clubs - despite what they say.

A bad day for CAFC

VOTV 20 of Dec 2001 carried the headline "Banned....well sort of"

History repeating ?
  • Options
    I watch with intreique the final chapters of this serial
  • Options
    Good luck rick . I look forward to reading the book !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the very best Rick, both now and in the future.

I won't even ask for my Eddie Firmani photo back again.................well, not for a week or two anyway!
  • Options
    Good luck Rick

The current owners must have taken leave of their senses and what a cowardly way to sack some

please keep posting
  • Options
    good luck Rick in whatever you do next. When I look around at a near full Valley on Saturday it will be a rightful testament to what you have achieved, with help from others of course. I wish you well.

So PV, SK and RE now gone. Long, faithful stalwarts of the Club, with the Club at heart in everything they did. Gone without a so much of a 'thanks for all you have done' between them. I'm very unhappy with the direction in which we are headed and can't see it ending in anything other than tears. The next few months are going to be interesting.
  • Options
    Sad day for rick had a couple of heated email exchanges with him but he aways replied fair play to him.
    Think his main crime was being a passenate supporter as well as an employe and as it seems with the club now u have to keep smiling and support man city or similar and your do ok
  • Options
    Bad times...
  • Options
    Just logged on and seen this. What a kick in the bollox for you Rick. And one I suspect that is totally undeserved.

Thanks for everything you've done for this club. I know there were many other people involved in getting us back to the Valley but without you bringing them all together under the guise of the VOTV I don't think we would ever have managed it. And thanks for everything you've done since - as we look around at a sellout crowd on saturday, I think we will all know who has helped achieved that.

I hope you sue the ******** for every penny you can get out of them.

Hope to see you around the Valley one day and I will shake your hand with pride.

Can't wait to build to my collection of VOTVs!

• Options
    Terrible news and confirmation that there is "something rotten in the state of CAFC".

Wishing you all the best, Rick, and a huge thank you for all you have done for the Club over the years.

Will VOTV be moving into the digital age, I wonder?

In the meantime, in Richard Murray and SCP we trust....
  • Options
    don't think we can pin our hopes on RM. I doubt he has much, if any say, on any decisions made in the Boardroom.
  • Options
    Good luck Rick. As far as I know we have never met though I probably bought a few copies of Voice from you many years ago, but I've always been aware of the good work you have done for the club. Sad that the current owners don't seem to give a flying f$#k.
  • Options
    This is a sad day.....the truth is something we all need to hear, obviously Rick spoke the truth and didnt follow the party line. Any organisation would benifit from a person such as Rick.