Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney, Kavanagh, and Everitt! (Page 13: Note from Rick Everitt)

Comments

• Options
    really sorry Rick. I think you've been extremely badly treated
    It appears that they are speedily getting rid of the old guard.
    Whose left now? is it just R M?
  • Options

don't think we can pin our hopes on RM. I doubt he has much, if any say, on any decisions made in the Boardroom.

Agree re his input to the current regime, but I do trust him still to be focussed on what is right for CAFC. At least it seems they can't just sack him too because of his ongoing financial involvement. All very nasty, though, I imagine.

• Options

don't think we can pin our hopes on RM. I doubt he has much, if any say, on any decisions made in the Boardroom.

I think you're right unfortunately. I can imagine he needs them more than they need him.
  • Options
    Rick, thanks for the info ... look foward to hearing more in due course ... and would love to see VOTV again ... good luck and happy to help if required
  • Options
    Firstly, I don't know you personally but you are obviously a goodun. The club shall certainly miss you.

Secondly, it seems that if the "trial" started on Tuesday 10th July then it was your infamous comment on the Slater subject on Saturday 7th July that has caused all the trouble.

If anyone was in any doubt as to who reads this board then this is your proof. If you're an employee of the company please take care and think about all future comments. I wouldn't want to see what has happened to Rick happen to anyone else.

Take care Rick and I wish you well for the future.

BHR
  • Options
    It's hard to see this as anything other than a sad day for all Addicks, I hope the future brings better news, and a return to all that is and was good about our club. Good luck Rick!
  • Options
    Am I allowed to worry now or is everything still ok?

Good luck Rick.
  • Options
    Good Luck Rick, very sad to read your post. Like you say, the irony of a full ground on Saturday is poor timing, however, I hope to see you at the club in the future when that chance arises.
  • Options
    So Mr. Prothero didn't even have the decency to sign the letter himself, even after all that time to arrange his 'day in'! Nice fella.

All the best and I really hope you don't get pinned down by a 'confidentiality clause'.

• Options
    don't know you but all the best Rick.

and if 'people' do read this board, i am worried as well as others.

can we have an explanation please as to why a significant number of experienced, well respected employees of the club have been shown the door or left? what is the masterplan?

should we worry?

not asking the earth, just would be nice to know what is going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A compromise agreement is normally agreed in advance.
  • Options
    Never nice to hear about somebody losing their job.I wish you all the best.
  • Options
    perhaps we can show thanks for Rick in a small, positive way by commenting on his efforts for Saturday's game on the club's Facebook message site

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCAFC
  • Options
    Yes good idea.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    all the best to ya and good luck for the future, cheers.
  • Options
    Rick - thank you for your hard work at Charlton and your support on these pages, may we hear more from you in the future but most of all good luck to you and yours at what must be difficult personal times.
  • Options
    I am sure we would all like know what's going on at the moment and maybe, just maybe a return of The Voice will speed things along. Best of luck Rick.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your news Rick. Have a break, recharge the batteries and try to use it as a positive. You now have the opportunity to have far more influence as an "outsider". My feeling is that you will be back one day, under a new regime.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

perhaps we can show thanks for Rick in a small, positive way by commenting on his efforts for Saturday's game on the club's Facebook message site

Funny, I did just that and it's been removed.

• Options
    Hear the Mercury needs a CAFC writer.

Thanks for the updates & honesty Rick, Good Luck in the future.

P.

(PS. Found aletter from you this morning whilst tidying-up: "Next meeting TUESDAY, 8-30 in the WE ANCHOR IN HOPE.........P.S. We've got it abit more organised !" Too Bloody Right You did !!) ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    red_murph said:

Oakster said:

Both have. Bit pathetic from the Club. I know those doing the FB page are just doing what they are told but honestly.

• Options
    Hope it all works out for the better Airman, both personally and professionally.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

red_murph said:

Oakster said:

Both have. Bit pathetic from the Club. I know those doing the FB page are just doing what they are told but honestly.

oh dear, where will this end, what a joke
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Rick - Webby - part of the editorial team VOTV 2 and 3 - ill pass this on to Mark Anderson
  • Options
    There were quite a few comments. They've all been removed.
  • Options
    I'm sure the club will put out a paragraph about this in Saturday's programme.
  • Options
    Just logged on after being out with clients this afternoon and this was never the story that I wanted to read. I had hoped that after the date, mentioned in several emails a few weeks ago, passed and you were still noted on the website and then made a couple of comments on events that this had all blown over.

I'm really sorry that this isn't the case. Many of us old fogeys, who have been around for a while, will know your history if not you personally. There will be few, over the years, who will have given as much of their time and effort to fight for OUR club and to play such a significant part in the return to The Valley and the re-birth of Charlton in SE7.

Thank you for all you have done...look forward to seeing VOTV again...and to seeing you back in some role or other, when the current regime inevitably departs with the quick(ish) buck that they came in for.

To make it clear, because I have written in support of the board previously, I have no doubt that we needed them in at the time that they arrived. We were in imminent danger and the pot (to pi$$ in) had already been pawned. That doesn't mean that I agree with all decisions and this is one that is not going to sit well with any of us who love Charlton. Rick has been able to post his note, which we should be thankful for, but Peter and Steve still have stories to tell. I do believe that a lot of good has been done (Chris Powell, the Academy and scouting infrastructure), but that should not allow carte blanche to rip out the rest of the club. We will all be here until we pass...the "owners" will simply pass!

Good luck Rick...all the best

Terry
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    shirty5 said:

lol ... very much doubt it
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Really? They've not commented on PV or SK leaving yet, so why would they start now?
  • Options
    They can't stop Twitter #cafc