Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Varney, Kavanagh, and Everitt! (Page 13: Note from Rick Everitt)

Comments

• Options
    Excuse this but all I can think of posting at the moment is clucking bell.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Gutted for you Rick & I suspect that many of us have a good idea of what's been going on.
    All the very best to you & thanks for everything you've done for our great club.
  • Options
    Not sure what to say, appreciate this post Rick, all the best, and I hope some of the stress will subside.

I hope the truth does out.
  • Options

Back in 2001, in my final editorial in the last Voice of The Valley, I wrote that having got back to Floyd Road, going back to the Voice if and when it was necessary would be relatively easy. So it will be.

Sounds like it could be an interesting read.
  • Options
    Madness! All the best for the future and thanks for posting the update.
  • Options
    Good luck Rick in whatever your next move is.
  • Options
    Shite. Thought they would have come to their senses. Obviously they haven't got any.
  • Options
    Gutted for you Rick, hope you can move on now.

Thanks for all you have done at The Valley.
  • Options
    Good luck Rick, what corner will you be selling VOTV from?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    gutted you are a true legend Rick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good luck.
  • Options
    Rick thankyou for posting , I am gutted to hear that you are being laid off as you have fought and worked passionately for this club for what seems like an age.

The way I saw things , you as a fan were a voice for the fans inside Charlton Athletic as a company,

I don't understand all the inner wrangles of what is going on at Charlton and maybe never will but I do wish you all the best for the future and hope you find another job soon.

Thanks again Rick for all you have done for this club

MIA
  • Options
    Agree with what everyone else is saying. Whatever our opinions about the club at present, today the club has lost a good man and that is something we should all remember. Thank you Rick and best wishes.
  • Options
    Good luck Rick for the future.
  • Options
    Very disappointing news. Firstly, saddening to hear of someone losing their job, I hope you get something else sorted quickly. Secondly, from a supporters' perspective, extremely concerning. Confirmation, if any was needed that this board is not to be trusted.

Look forward to reading VOTV again though.
  • Options
    Good luck.
  • Options
    More sad news in a bad day for football. Good luck for the future, Rick.
  • Options
    A sad day Rick, best wishes and please spill some more info
  • Options
    Good luck cant wait to read the voice again, give us some more info.
  • Options
    Yeah, looking forward to VOTV at least.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Rick.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Sad news and wish you well.

Is it normal for a disciplinary process to be dragged out for over three months ?

If so, that's a terrible way to treat long standing staff who have served a company so well.

Whatever your personal opinions of Airman, the rebirth of our club and the fact that our attendances always give the impression we are a bigger club than what we actually are, has been down to some genius work within the club over the years.

I'm fairly sure Airman played a crucial role in that.
  • Options
    Good luck Rick.
  • Options
    From the underlying feeling at the end of last season that we were all pulling in the same direction to this. For those of us that were around in the era of the Glicksteens there is a horrible feeling of deja vu.

Good luck Rick and thanks in advance for any insight into the goings on.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @AFKABartram My experience on both sides of the fence is that it is done and dusted quickly normally. Once internal procedures are exhausted then it can become time consuming, but for the internal process to be so long and drawn out seems excessive.
  • Options
    Good luck in your next venture Rick!
  • Options
    @AirmanBrown What a guy...I doff my hat to you sir. #respect
  • Options
    Good luck Rick, sounds like this still has still got legs so I hope it all goes in your favour.
  • Options
    This news has made an already grotty day even worse.

Good luck Rick and thank you for all you have done for our Club both within and without it.
  • Options
    There is already a looking for work thread you could have posted on Rick : - )

Good luck and hope to speak soon.

Some interesting comments for us all to digest.