Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Federer or Murray?

Comments

• Options
    Murray should have one the second and it didn't help when the roof went on to be fair.
  • Options
    This crying I can't speak thing is annoying though!
  • Options
    Murray was beaten by the best player ever who produced brilliant tennis in the third and fourth sets.
    Genuine tears but a gracious and humble interview.
  • Options
    How anyone could dislike Murray is beyond me the guy is likeable funny and takes defeat well . I doubt he will win one but his the best player we have ever produced
  • Options
    Well, except Fred Perry who did win?
  • Options
    unlucky Murray - that speech had me with tears in my eyes. Well done Roger - well played.
  • Options
    Well played Andy! You did us proud. I hope his humility silences all those bigots on here who dislike him.
  • Options
    Better than Fred perry this is competive tennis
  • Options
    Not really sure you can compare tennis in Fred Perry's era to modern day, would be like trying to compare the Corinthian Casuals team of the 1890's todays Charlton team.
  • Options
    Well played Andy! You did us proud. I hope his humility silences all those bigots on here who dislike him.
    I'm sure those asking for a personality/smile will now be saying the tears were fake etc etc. Incredibly sad that these people can be so tiny minded and I find it even sadder that I know some of them personally. :-(

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congratulations to Roger , fully deserved , Murray will have his day , hope Lendl sticks with him so he can win a grand slam.
  • Options
    Both his legs still intact. PL54 must be gutted.
  • Options
    True. To be fair to Murray, that was most gracious I've seen him. Usually find him a very ungracious loser.
  • Options
    True. To be fair to Murray, that was most gracious I've seen him. Usually find him a very ungracious loser.
    Really ? I watch most of his game and thought it was indicative of how he normally is, just more tears due to the pressure he's under. He's a kind, witty and intelligent man but that doesn't suit some people who'd rather judge him on a fabricated interview from years ago.
  • Options
    Lendl lost first four
  • Options
    I just haven't seen that, se9.
    Whereas for example, first Grand Slam final he lost I didn't see him congratulate Federer, just say 'yeah, well, I beat him twice earlier this year'.

He's been stroppy and sulky for years. He's getting better as I think he's grown up but I just don't really like him. Each to their own.

Honestly don't care about the England football interview.
  • Options
    Murray put up a decent effort...but Federer's class showed.

He really is a master of the game and maybe modern sport in general.

Murray showed he has emotion at the end.
  • Options
    He's here, he's there..........!!!!!!
  • Options
    Murray gave it a real go but arguably the greatest player of all time wanted his 7th title and was able to raise his game at the key moments.

No disgrace at all for Andy and congratulations to Fed.
  • Options
    Spot on, Len
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that nasal and djokovic have over shadowed Federer in recent seasons but that was the master and the junior apprentice

There was glimmers of real genius play in Murray he played a pass shot down the line that was amazing

But it was a once a set shot where fed played 6 or 7 in a set

Murray showed heart and spirit and some class but he got beaten by a master and shouldn't be too down hearted but he must up his concentration and think like a champion , you just got the feeling he gave Federer so much more than he was ever going to get from fed

Valiant loss real emotion at the end but came up short and quite a bit short in the end
  • Options
    Happy with today's result!
  • Options
    Just makes me laugh how people give it the British card on here, I shall be cheering Roger on, not because I am not British but because I have a strong dislike to the Scottish
    That's one of the most appallingly racist things that's been written on here. I really think you should edit and remove your racist, xenophobic comment.
    Are you for real ? I hope Murray not only loses but breaks his leg doing it.

PL54 that is a disgusting comment. How would you like it if I hoped one of your family breaks a leg. I agree with ValleyGary this is Charlton Life at its worst.
    At least it wasn't a pun
  • Options
    I don't think Murray is quite in the same class as Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. He had a chance today because Federer played pretty poorly for the first two sets, but he managed to find a bit of inspiration to win the second and then went up a gear for the next set.
  • Options
    Spot on he is not in that league but
  • Options
    I haven't had a chance to read this thread, but if people are not supporting Murray on the basis he's a "miserable sod", then they need to think a bit more.
    There's no doubt Murray has great passion and feelings for the game, and a good personality, he's just not a charismatic person. He's not trying to be an actor or a TV personality, he's a tennis player who doesn't enjoy interviews. In football, these characters can often stay away from interviews, but Murray is regularly forced into them, facing plenty of people who can't wait to be negative about him.

Sometimes it's seems to me that many people on CL would rather have something to complain about, than to celebrate.
  • Options
    Quite why the bbc are carrying out this post mortem of coverage about Murray the morning after seems over the top.
    Leading the news with this event the morning after, seems more to do with the OB still being there than any news event.
    Yes he did well to get to the final, and played well the first set and a half, but he lost to a great player and one of the best of all time.
    In another era he may well have won a slam, but he is against Federer, and Nadal to name just two.
    No disgrace in loosing, hope he does well in the Olympics, if the press give him a break over this coverage.
    Give the guy some space if you want to support him.
  • Options
    Funny how all the people who were lining up to say how much they hated him haven't made a comment after his brave effort and passionate interview yesterday. Maybe that changed their minds a little, maybe they didn't even watch but certainly they won't have anything to say about tennis until Wimbledon rolls around next year !
  • Options
    Funny how all the people who were lining up to say how much they hated him haven't made a comment after his brave effort and passionate interview yesterday. Maybe that changed their minds a little, maybe they didn't even watch but certainly they won't have anything to say about tennis until Wimbledon rolls around next year !
    spot on
  • Options
    One point a lot of non-murray fans are missing is the domino effect of a British win. If Murray can do it then it will improve the chances of an English winner in the next few years. For one it could ignite further interest in the sport and secondly the wave of expectation would be decreased on other players coming through.

A long way to go though.
    Didn't work after 1936 though did it? ;-)