Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Federer or Murray?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Half my family are Scottish, all of them support England in tournaments. Do you support Scotland when they play?

The fact is Murray is not representing Scotland, he is representing GB.

You have also now changed your mind, originally ALL of Scotland would be cheering France on, now it's most. Make your mind up.
  • Options
    My mum and her side of the family are Irish and they were all definitely supporting England and have done all my lifetime

Personally on a footballing front I used to like the jocks, 1978 being the first world cup I can remember,until they all became a bit bitter and started supporting our oppo but this isn't football this is tennis and tennis is coming home (I don't know where it originated) come on Murray you fruit !!
    But Fed is a ledge so not a bad thing if he wins
  • Options
    I would never support Scotland, or any of the other nations. I really hope Murray loses today as I reckon if he wins he will pull out a Scotland flag and not a Great Britian flag but I guess that would still make him British.
  • Options
    But he is Scottish and British like I'm English and British

Like Fed is Swiss and Army knife

Don't let it eat you up woodyswood no one says you should support Scotland , this is an individual sport Murray is playing at Wimbledon
  • Options
    Just makes me laugh how people give it the British card on here, I shall be cheering Roger on, not because I am not British but because I have a strong dislike to the Scottish
  • Options
    weird
  • Options
    Just makes me laugh how people give it the British card on here, I shall be cheering Roger on, not because I am not British but because I have a strong dislike to the Scottish
    So even if Murray was the nicest guy on earth, gave all his money to charity and supported England at football you'd still not support him as you "dislike to the Scottish".

Sounds like it's you who have issues not Murray.

• Options
    How ridiculous, how many Scottish people do you know? How can you dislike a whole nation. It's amazing how bigoted some people are.
  • Options
    Go on Roger, beat the miserable sweatie sock , and the jock loving BBC who are in melt down , roll on independence day
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That's one of the most appallingly racist things that's been written on here. I really think you should edit and remove your racist, xenophobic comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's one of the most appallingly racist things that's been written on here. I really think you should edit and remove your racist, xenophobic comment.
    Are you for real ? I hope Murray not only loses but breaks his leg doing it.

• Options
    How bizarre .....
  • Options

The fact is Murray is not representing Scotland, he is representing GB.

No, the fact is that he isn't representing any country. He is playing an individual sport.

Having said that, it would be good for a British player to win after 76 years and it might help to generate some more players in the future. But it would also be good to see Federer win what would probably be his last title.

• Options
    Charlton Life at its worst
  • Options

100% real mate. Stating you have a "strong dislike" for a group of people based on their nationality or race is an absolute disgrace.
  • Options

PL54 that is a disgusting comment. How would you like it if I hoped one of your family breaks a leg. I agree with ValleyGary this is Charlton Life at its worst.
  • Options
    Troll alert
  • Options
    Which thread led to Landsdowne_Muse getting banned?
  • Options
    what time does it actually start?
  • Options
    2pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cheers
  • Options
    Supporting Federer.

Do people not realise that Andy Murray is not actually representing GBR. He's representing Andy Murray. There is no British flag on his shirt just like there is no swiss flag on Federer's shirt. If it was the Davis Cup it would be a different matter. But it's not, it's singles men's tennis were the players are playing for themselves and their careers.

It's not xenophobic to support a Swiss man instead of a Brit. It's the exact opposite. I'm not so blinded by loyalty to Britain that I have to support an inherently more unlikable and less attractive tennis player, despite the fact he's not actually representing my country in that competition.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure their nationality (GBR) is stated after their names, I'm not sure I fully understand your distinction of what represents a sportsman representing their country is. Surely as a British sportsman he represents British sport when he competes as Fed does for Swiss sport ?

BTW it isn't xenophobic to support Fed instead, only id your reason for doing so is based on a hatred for Murrays nationality.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter who wins really cause John Terry will probably be there to lift the trophy anyway!!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure their nationality (GBR) is stated after their names, I'm not sure I fully understand your distinction of what represents a sportsman representing their country is. Surely as a British sportsman he represents British sport when he competes as Fed does for Swiss sport ?

BTW it isn't xenophobic to support Fed instead, only id your reason for doing so is based on a hatred for Murrays nationality.
    Ha I don't hate Scottish people, I don't hate murray! Just don't like him much...
  • Options
    Come on Andy win a set at the very least
  • Options
    Come on Muzza!
  • Options
    break of serve for murray in first game
  • Options
  • Options
    kate is such a sort

could be a long game this