Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Federer or Murray?

Comments

• Options
    Go Murray!!!!!
  • Options
    So just to confirm we don't want Murray to win because:

His mum's anoying
    He's not the most media friendly sportsman and can be a bit grumpy
    He didn't beat a bloke who got beat by another bloke in an earlier round
    He wasn't born near enough to us
    The bloke he comfortably beat in the semi's decided to lose instead
    A charity might benefit from some unspecified bet
    Scottish people might end up pointing out it took a Scot to do what a succession of Englishmen couldn't do and that might be anoying
    He cracked some joke to a journo about not being an England supporter
    The Swiss geezer he's playing seems like a good bloke and a great player therefore more deserving

Is that about right? Don't want to miss anything before I change my mind and get the cowbells out.
    and the unruly ginger bum fluff...
  • Options

His mum's anoying
    Scottish people might end up pointing out it took a Scot to do what a succession of Englishmen couldn't do and that might be anoying
    The Swiss geezer he's playing seems like a good bloke and a great player therefore more deserving

Is that about right? Don't want to miss anything before I change my mind and get the cowbells out.
    Why should we want him to win? If he wasn't British would anyone here want him to beat Federer?

Federer comes across far better and I would love him to match the Sampras record. I hope this doesn't upset you too much
  • Options

His mum's anoying

I think that is a fair assessment. Pretty persuasive I reckon... :-D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Oooey i hope your not sitting near the Roger Federer fanclub .... they will drive you nuts!

Sat near them in last years super 8 final at the 02 .... constantly sang 'Lets go Roger , Lets go!

I bleeding wish they had!

Will take my 'own 'racquet with me next time! :-0
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I really do hope he slips on a banana skin and losses. Then some guy in a banana suit will walk up to him and laugh in his face.
    "Hahaha who’s pathetic now?!”

(Probably the guy in the banana suit as Murray gets over half a million for being runner up at wombledon)
  • Options
    Come on Murray !! I would be happy just to see him at least make it close and lose im worried it will get on top of him again though and be four losing finals in three sets though
  • Options
    The thing that he said was years a go and I mellowed to him now and appreciate how good a tennis player he is

Also considering that people say he is dull and has no personality

Surely the fact that he wore the top and said what he said is just banter and shows personality

I hope he wins
  • Options
    Come on Federer kick his arse. I make no excuses for being anti Scots. They cost a fortune to keep and never stop moaning. I have been a paid up BNP member for over 10 years. Give them what the want ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please Federer giving the miserable bastard a tennis lesson and turn him over in three sets. Cannot stand him or his sour puss mother.
  • Options
    It's the Jimmy wigs and Saltires that pee me off. When it was Henman all you saw were Union Jacks.

But having heard his view on independence in this thread I'm gonna put an ayrton on him to win. : )

And thanks Charlton Lifers for changing my mind about him. Anyone who survived Dunblane (I never knew that) and has been to the Valley, gets my full support.

Come on Andy Murray, for England and St George!
  • Options
    It truly stuns me how British people love to knock their own. Can you ever imagine any of the Spanish cheering against Nadal? Same thing happens in F1 with Hamilton too. For god sake, we have very few genuinely succesful (high profile) sportsmen and women in the top world sports. Lets get behind them and stop acting like bloody if traitors.

I dread to think what would have been happening if this forum was around in WW2. Jeez imagine it. You lot would have been moaning at Churchill cos he was miserable and dour.
  • Options
    My firm has offices in Glasgow and Edinburgh so each year I run the same sweepstakes: which round of WImbledon will Murray be knocked out in.Steve in Accounts (Glasgow) is looking good for the "bottled it in the final" winning ticket.Btw only eight people are allowed to enter each year on a first come first served basis.
  • Options
    I dread to think what would have been happening if this forum was around in WW2. Jeez imagine it. You lot would have been moaning at Churchill cos he was miserable and dour.
    Yeah, that's exactly the same. I'd suddenly be far right. Even though they are the most likely to be blinkered and nationalistic.

It's a tennis match for goodness sake, some people are supporting the bloke they think is more likeable and/or better to watch.
  • Options
    It truly stuns me how British people love to knock their own. Can you ever imagine any of the Spanish cheering against Nadal? Same thing happens in F1 with Hamilton too. For god sake, we have very few genuinely succesful (high profile) sportsmen and women in the top world sports. Lets get behind them and stop acting like bloody if traitors.

Ridiculous comments about about WW2 & Churchill.
  • Options
    Ok - in retrospect a rubbish example.

How about in the Euros or WC. England (there is no Britain) is playing France (Switzerland is not realistic...) in the final. Would anyone here be cheering on France?
  • Options

Come on Andy Murray, for England and St George!
    I think you meant Marray and his bacon sandwich!

• Options
    Murray over 5 sets, if it goes to a 5th set cannot be a tie breaker, so play on Federer's age, greedy sod he's won enough!
  • Options

How about in the Euros or WC. England (there is no Britain) is playing France (Switzerland is not realistic...) in the final. Would anyone here be cheering on France?
    All of Scotland, Wales and Ireland would be cheerin France on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray
  • Options
    I hope the player who performs best tomorrow wins the tournament.
    They are both incredibly talented and hard-working.
    Hope its a great game.
  • Options
    What a supportive lot you are, ok I am Scottish, but lived down here for 23+ years now, and was a season ticket holder at Charlton for a few years. Murray has finally got the Wimbledon monkey off his back to a certain point in reaching the final, I hope he can play well and get the first grand slam win and that similar to Djorkovic might be the start of winning a few. To me, Federer is one of the greats and having seem them both play it would be bearable if Roger won.

Murray is generally British when he wins and Scottish when he loses, if anyone asks me what I am, I am Scottish are proud of it.

:-)
    Hear Hear.

I can't understand this pathetic anti Murray stuff.
    I've always had great banter with my jock mates - for chrissake we've got way too much in common to get hung up on our differences.
    What's not to love about Scotland - as someone once said, literally 10's of people flock to Scotland every year for the rain; the mental locals and the midges.
    Murray is a great player; the best Brit since God know who and although he'll never match Federers achievements I truly hope he can pull off a win tomorrow.
    You should too - you may never get another chance to see a Brit win this
  • Options
    I may also never get a chance to see the greatest player of all time get back to the top of the sport.
  • Options
    I may also never get a chance to see the greatest player of all time get back to the top of the sport.
    If that means something to you, knock yourself out - I'll be supporting "my local team"

• Options

Really? Can you offer a shred of evidence that ALL of those countries would support France?

No, you can't because it's just not true.

• Options
    Murray
  • Options
    Even if I based my choice solely on personality I'd still pick murray. Federer has always come across as a bit smug to me.
  • Options
    What a supportive lot you are, ok I am Scottish, but lived down here for 23+ years now, and was a season ticket holder at Charlton for a few years. Murray has finally got the Wimbledon monkey off his back to a certain point in reaching the final, I hope he can play well and get the first grand slam win and that similar to Djorkovic might be the start of winning a few. To me, Federer is one of the greats and having seem them both play it would be bearable if Roger won.

Murray is generally British when he wins and Scottish when he loses, if anyone asks me what I am, I am Scottish are proud of it.

:-)
    Something about skirts ?
  • Options

Really? Can you offer a shred of evidence that ALL of those countries would support France?

No, you can't because it's just not true.

Give it a rest, you seriously think these countries were supporting England in the Euro's? A small number of the population were but I bet most were very happy when we got knocked our