Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Federer or Murray?

Comments

• Options
    It really annoys me that people don't support Murray. Yes he is miserable, but he is the best hope of a brit winning a major competition and after all we are all British. Murray in 4!!
    True.

Federer
  • Options
    There is a big payout to Oxfam if Federer wins, from a bet placed ages ago and bequeathed to the charity.

Anyone but Murray.
  • Options
    Fed all the way.....man is pure class and a joy to watch!!
  • Options
    Murray for me. For too long we've celebrated mediocracy and given vast rewards to chokers like Henman. At long last we have a player worthy of the rewards and our support and because he's a bit grumpy and once made a crack about our football team some posters would rather we continue producing losers. Wierd.
    Couldn't agree more mate
  • Options
    Tim Andy for me.

Whatever happens he has now cemented his place as second greatest ever British player by reaching his 4th Grand Slam final. The great Bunny Austin (a man I was privileged to meet once) reached 3 and lost them all which was Murray's position before yesterday.

I like and admire Roger Federer and hope that he can extend his number of Wimbledon titles to 7 or even 8 so he stands on his own. But not tomorrow.

Tim Andy is in danger of becoming the Jimmy White of tennis and he deserves more than that starting tomorrow.
  • Options
    Murray for me. For too long we've celebrated mediocracy and given vast rewards to chokers like Henman. At long last we have a player worthy of the rewards and our support and because he's a bit grumpy and once made a crack about our football team some posters would rather we continue producing losers. Wierd.
    Couldn't agree more mate
    Me too. Murray. Rule Britannia!
  • Options
    Murray is only there by default because Nadal had an bad day at the office earlier. Tsongo lost yesterday more than Murray won.

I hope Federer crushes him.
  • Options
    Does anyone know where Andy Murray stands on Scottish independence?
  • Options
    Like them both just looking forward to a great match.
  • Options
    u know all the scots will give it the big un if he wins anyway they always do when ever they have any success
    come on federer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Murray, without a doubt. He's British for heaven's sake! Will some of you be booing Chris Hoy etc in the Olympics? Also, he seems like quite a good bloke. He made me laugh after his game yesterday when the tool interviewing him asked, 'What do you think it was like for your parents going through that?' and his reply was 'I don't really care. It was worse for me'.
    Why would it matter?
  • Options
    Murray is only there by default because Nadal had an bad day at the office earlier. Tsongo lost yesterday more than Murray won.

You should be a journalist...
  • Options
    http://audioboo.fm/boos/616815-andy-murray-on-scottish-independence
  • Options
    Murray, without a doubt. He's British for heaven's sake! Will some of you be booing Chris Hoy etc in the Olympics? Also, he seems like quite a good bloke. He made me laugh after his game yesterday when the tool interviewing him asked, 'What do you think it was like for your parents going through that?' and his reply was 'I don't really care. It was worse for me'.

well said
  • Options

lol ok Fred Perry
  • Options
    Davydenko (former world #3), Karlovic (serving beast, experienced), Baghdatis (grand slam finalist), Cilic (grand slam semi-finalist), Ferrer (current world #6) and Tsonga (current world #5) all beaten in 3/4 sets. All of those players are players to avoid, yet Murray has beaten them all and definitely deserves his place in the final.
  • Options
    Murray is there because he's 4th best and he hasn't played the 1,2 or 3. Fact.
  • Options
    Really hope it's Federer!as mentioned before Murray is there by default!
  • Options
    I shouldnt have opened this thread, I just knew it would be full of people so xenophobic they hate a country that has been in union with England for hundreds of years, who despise and decry anyone who fails to support England no matter what and who prize celebrity status and a good public image over guts determination and brilliance. Go f*** yourselves.
  • Options
    Would love it to be Murray but I think the Fed Express will deliver on this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray.
  • Options
    Ferrer was arguably the most in-form player in the tournament when Murray beat him! Plus all this antil-Murray stuff is ridiculous, as said already are you going to boo Hoy or even Cav at the Olympics? Just because he said one stupid thing years ago which he has since apologised for... Murray all day, every day!
  • Options
    It's got nothing to do with the countries more to do with him being overrated!He is only in the final because he didn't meet Nadal in the semi final and Murray has always came up short in the big matches.Fact!
  • Options
    I shouldnt have opened this thread, I just knew it would be full of people so xenophobic they hate a country that has been in union with England for hundreds of years, who despise and decry anyone who fails to support England no matter what and who prize celebrity status and a good public image over guts determination and brilliance. Go f*** yourselves.
    Agreed.

• Options
    It's got nothing to do with the countries more to do with him being overrated!He is only in the final because he didn't meet Nadal in the semi final and Murray has always came up short in the big matches.Fact!
    One of the most bullshit arguments I've seen
  • Options
    Why Rothko?
  • Options
    Federer is pure silk and a proper Tennis legend and I love his back hand

Murray is an odd bod but he has a dry sense of humour that the easily offended , sensitive types might not understand(sensitive charlton fans/little englanders step forward here)
    Murrays mum rubs me up the wrong way but doesn't he have a Charlton supporting fitness coach ??

I've backed murray to win it a couple of rounds ago but ballsed it up by backing djok to win it yesterday so I've ended up getting murray to win it around 2 to 1 which is where he is anyway

I'm lucky enough to be going tomorrow so 5 sets and I'll be happy

Come on Murray !!
  • Options
    If it's that easy without Nadal, why are you not in the final?
  • Options
    Oohaahmortimer one of the lucky ones to get a ticket and hopefully see a great game.I managed to get 11/1 Federer when he was 2 sets in an earlier round but really didn't expect him to win his semi!
  • Options
    Murrays mum rubs me up the wrong way
    Come on Murray !!
    an image which will stay for me for many weeks...