Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Feel like Survivor is warming up nicely.

Hope it gets a second series - feels like the cast have gone in a bit blind this series whereas a second series they'd have a bit more nous and it would be a bit more schemey.
    It was always gonna be a bit meh when there were so many to start with
    Really does get going once the tribes get merged
  • I can't be the only one that has found Squid Game: the Challenge to be unbearably slow in the latter episodes?

It has become like watching Big Brother and i'm starting to question the authenticity of the people left given how good they seem to be at acting.
    I enjoyed it personally and didn't find it slow, although i have binged rather than watch each week if that makes a difference? I have the finale left tonight but other than that over the past week and a half. 
  • Feel like Survivor is warming up nicely.

Hope it gets a second series - feels like the cast have gone in a bit blind this series whereas a second series they'd have a bit more nous and it would be a bit more schemey.
    ....I gave up on this early on due to the monotony of Joel Dommett's commentaries which I found irritating. My god that man is over-rated.
  • meldrew66 said:
    Feel like Survivor is warming up nicely.

....I gave up on this early on due to the monotony of Joel Dommett's commentaries which I found irritating. My god that man is over-rated.
    Yeah he's completely the wrong choice as a presenter.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Feel like Survivor is warming up nicely.

It was always gonna be a bit meh when there were so many to start with
    Really does get going once the tribes get merged
    Yeah exactly much better after the merge when it's individual and there's more nuance to the alliances, the vote etc.
  • And every series needs a Chris and Tinuke to get the machinations going in the background 
  • Started watching Boat story 
    On BBC iPlayer 
    Enjoying it well worth a watch 
  • Yeah boat story was really good. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    And every series needs a Chris and Tinuke to get the machinations going in the background 
    Chris is good - suspect he's the sort of person I'd find annoying and attention seeking in real life, but he's the main one playing the game and making it interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the continental on Amazon, from the world of John Wick. Not sure what to make of it. Followed the films with a few killings.
  • supaclive said:
    Reacher Season 2 - Amazon Prime next week
    Most excited I've been for a new series in a while
    Didn't realise it out so soon, I assume its a weekly release?
  • Really looking forward to Reacher.
    loved the first series, infinitely better than the films. Kept to the books much more, including Reacher himself not being played by a 5ft actor. 

They’ve gone with book 11 for the 2nd series. 
    Series one was based on book one. 
  • Then end of December the series “Berlin” is on netflix. 
    a prequel for the money heist character. 
  • This Documentary about WW2 appears to be out today, appears to be very good going by the trailer

World War II: From the Frontlines | Official Trailer | Netflix - YouTube
  • Then end of December the series “Berlin” is on netflix. 
    a prequel for the money heist character. 
    Looking forward to this, just hoping it's not a disappointment & a "follow up" to the fantastic original was a bad idea.
  • supaclive said:
    Reacher Season 2 - Amazon Prime next week
    Most excited I've been for a new series in a while
    Didn't realise it out so soon, I assume its a weekly release?
    Think so!
  • Vigil is back, first three episodes of series 2 can be found on iPlayer. 
  • Just when I was wondering If I'd ever find anything new to really like, especially on  HBO, I stumble across A Spy Among Friends, a dramatisation of the story of the double agent Kim Philby. If you like early Le Carre spy stuff, the way the BBC did them in the 80's, you'll love this, although the frequent time shifts mean you have to pay attention. Damian Lewis is co-lead and he's obviously been learning from the way Sir Alec Guinness played George Smiley, and he's learnt well. Especially the subtle changes of facial expression that speak a thousand words. It's that kind of series. Love it.
  • Yeah boat story was really good. 
    Just started watching it, a bit gory but will stick with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2023
    A nearly normal family(Netflix)

Six part series about a murder investigation giving the perspective of the family members. Really enjoying this - interesting characters and plot.

Set in Sweden.

• A nearly normal family(Netflix)

Six part series about a murder investigation giving the perspective of the family members. Really enjoying this - interesting characters and plot.

Set in Sweden.

Yes it's very good.
  • I have just finished an excellent Canadian series on Netflix called 19-2, about two reluctant police car patrolmen operating in Montreal. It is in subtitles as the language spoken is French (obviously).

Really excellent characters with an on-going sub plot of finding the mole in the Police, plus is one of the patrolmen a baddy with links to the underworld. A lot of hard edged, real life situations dealt with by throwing no punches. Really good watch.

Set in Sweden.

On our list.
  • edited December 2023
    There were two series that me and Mrs Briston were looking forward to this year.

The first was the final season of Jack Ryan in the summer, next up is the second season of Reacher.

Not long to wait now :)

At some point I need to watch the second (and final) series of Hunters on Amazon.

Set in Sweden.

Drags a bit after the first couple of episodes. Think it would have been better as a 3 or 4 parter.
  • Anyone been watching the walking programs where a celeb does a lovely walk whilst filming themselves with a selfie stick?
    Been really lovely.
    Last night it was Jim Moir aka Vic Reeves & he walk along the coast from Lydd to the power station. It was great. Brought back so many memories of going down there as a kid.
    That sounds good, where can I find it KB?
  • cblock said:
    Anyone been watching the walking programs where a celeb does a lovely walk whilst filming themselves with a selfie stick?
    Been really lovely.
    Last night it was Jim Moir aka Vic Reeves & he walk along the coast from Lydd to the power station. It was great. Brought back so many memories of going down there as a kid.
    It’s actually just called, ‘Walking with…..’ and it’s on BBC. You can get them all on iplayer.
    Some of the c’lebs weren’t really my cup of tea but I really have enjoyed all of them. Some of the walks look lovely and they stop and talk to some interesting people along the way.
    Enjoy!
  • cblock said:
    Anyone been watching the walking programs where a celeb does a lovely walk whilst filming themselves with a selfie stick?
    Been really lovely.
    Try i player. It was on BBC4.