Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• stonemuse said:
    Enjoyed a couple of the recent interviews from the (always excellent) Louis Theroux - the Pete Doherty and Joan Collins episodes were both really interesting viewing
    Pete Doherty one was excellent 
    That was great and heart breaking in equal measures. 

I was a bit taken aback by his description of what happened the night that lad died, feels like there’s more to the story. 
  • se9addick said:
    stonemuse said:
    Enjoyed a couple of the recent interviews from the (always excellent) Louis Theroux - the Pete Doherty and Joan Collins episodes were both really interesting viewing
    Pete Doherty one was excellent 
    That was great and heart breaking in equal measures. 

I was a bit taken aback by his description of what happened the night that lad died, feels like there’s more to the story. 
    There's definitely more to that story, I hadn't heard of it before but you could tell he was holding some stuff back.

I got the vibe from Pete that as much as he knows it ruined his life for the most part, he'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. 
  • Ronnie O’Sullivan doc on Prime is pretty good. Another genius that has issues between the lug’oles. 
  • Jumped on to BBC iplayer to finish the second series of The Newsreader. Loved the first series of this show and really bought into the characters and the storylines. In fact it was the excellence of this Australian production which led me to having a look at Colin from Accounts which many on here, including me, have raved about.

The fact it features a newsroom and real life events in the 1980s gives it a real edge and a reminder of the greatest newsroom series "Lou Grant". Great to see all those tape machines and faxes. 

The leads are brilliant together but a shout out for Sam Reid. So ambitious and talented, so needy and vulnerable, so sexually confused during the high risk 80s. Hard to credit it's the same actor who played the cock sure vampire with a strangled French accent in the recent rather naff Interview With A Vampire. 
    Got one of Vampire left, also started 2nd series of newsreader this week and can’t quite believe it’s the same person. 
  • edited November 2023
    Just started watching Snowfall, that's not new at all, but absolutely loving it.
  • edited November 2023
    Squid Game: The Challenge - identical format to the hit show but with a massive cash prize to win. Filmed in England but, sadly, predominantly American contestants, most of whom are unlikeable which is fine as they get picked off one by one. Two episodes in and enjoying it nearly as much as the original. 8/10
  • meldrew66 said:
    Squid Game: The Challenge - identical format to the hit show but with a massive cash prize to win. Filmed in England but, sadly, predominantly American contestants, most of whom are unlikeable which is fine as they get picked off one by one. Two episodes in and enjoying it nearly as much as the original. 8/10
    Don’t you find it slightly underwhelming that the contestants don’t, you know, die?
  • Have to say, after a promising start, for me this series of Shetland has wandered into a bit of a mire. I like the new lead character played by Ashley Jensen but the script is pretty mental. 
  • If you are into Two Doors Down, check out The Scotts on BBC iPlayer. Three series available including the recently released third. It’s Two Doors Down on steroids. I laughed out loud at several points. The renewing wedding vows episode in series two is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in years. 
  • Loving squid game the challenge. A few contestants are apparently suing the show, what were they expecting?
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:
    Loving squid game the challenge. A few contestants are apparently suing the show, what were they expecting?
    Rock paper scissors for 4 mil
  • Just watched the first episode of Slow Horses series 3. All the familiar elements are there. Fast paced, quick dialogues with a bit of humour. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
  • Loving the Squid Games reality series.
    Never watched the original show.

Yes most of the contestants are annoying yanks, but that makes it all the better when they get picked off.
    The games are genius.
  • So in light of current events ,I had another go at Fauda..
    Think I ditched one episode in, years ago. No idea why.
    It's exceptional!

Two series down and it’s sensational. 
  • edited December 2023
    McBobbin said:
    Loving squid game the challenge. A few contestants are apparently suing the show, what were they expecting?
    I’m 4 episodes in and can’t recall any activities that could have caused injuries so far. Only 80 odd left so assume the tests get very physical from here on if contestants are suing.
  • meldrew66 said:
    McBobbin said:
    I’m 4 episodes in and can’t recall any activities that could have caused injuries so far. Only 80 odd left so assume the tests get very physical from here on if contestants are suing.

I've not seen it yet but I read they alleged red light, green light took hours in the cold and they got sore backs and issues relating to hypothermia.

Suspect they signed quite a lot.of waivers beforehand so don't fancy their chances!!  
  • meldrew66 said:
    McBobbin said:
      Is that so?
    They do very much strike me as the type of people that would sue for anything just because they didn't win.
  • meldrew66 said:
    McBobbin said:
      Is that so?
    They do very much strike me as the type of people that would sue for anything just because they didn't win.
    Yep, 95% Americans says it all
  • When will the last episode be shown on Netflix?
  • When will the last episode be shown on Netflix?
    6th December
  • Sponsored links:

• BBC iPlayer has a fantastic documentary about Julius Caesars rise to dictatorship. 3 parts.
  • Just finished the final season 7 of Billions. Thought it had completely lost its way in S6, but pulled in back brilliantly and the last few episodes were superb. 

While I will miss it, I really liked how they ended it and apparently there’s rumours there may be a couple of spin offs. 
  • New trailer for Series 2 of House of the Dragon https://youtu.be/HQ8H5gqGA34?si=71EMbaSikylGZSfr
  • edited December 2023
    I can't be the only one that has found Squid Game: the Challenge to be unbearably slow in the latter episodes?

It has become like watching Big Brother and i'm starting to question the authenticity of the people left given how good they seem to be at acting.
  • Just finished season four of Sex Education. Thouroughly enjoyed it. Whoever cast the actors in this got it absolutely spot on. Final
    episode tied up all the lose ends very nicely. 
    8/10

• TEL said:
    Just finished season four of Sex Education. Thouroughly enjoyed it. Whoever cast the actors in this got it absolutely spot on. Final
    8/10

I’m near the end of season 2. Not one to watch with your parents but really enjoying it, much more than I was expecting. Some great characters and casting
  • TEL said:
    Just finished season four of Sex Education. Thouroughly enjoyed it. Whoever cast the actors in this got it absolutely spot on. Final
    8/10

Thought Series 4 wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous series, but it was still still enjoyable.

Aimee stole the show this series, and the bits with Adam and his Dad were great.
  • Pleased War of the Worlds is being shown on 5USA, don't have Disney so new to me and interesting version. Enjoyed season one and two just as good.
  • Feel like Survivor is warming up nicely.

Hope it gets a second series - feels like the cast have gone in a bit blind this series whereas a second series they'd have a bit more nous and it would be a bit more schemey.
  • Such Brave Girls BBC3 10pm.
    Episodes 5&6 tonight.
    It's a bit like a female Inbetweeners. 
    Very good.