Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Did anyone try ‘Survivor’ on Saturday and Sunday (bbc1)?
    I love the US version which has run for 23 years now (45 series) so I was interested to see what the UK version would be like.
    I thought it was ok. Some entertaining characters and some bellends too, which are essential for a good season. Thought the presenter (Joel something?) was pretty amusing for a bit, but I think his comments might start to grate after a while.
    Survivor is a great format, so I’m hoping it’s a good season and goes down well.
    Getting panned so far, think it might struggle to get a second series.

Shame as I love the format, think it's way better than Big Brother, Love Island, I'm a Celeb etc.  

I worry that a poor choice of presenter, choosing a Saturday night, and the fact that it does normally get a lot more exciting post-merge means that it won't get a foothold.
    Bit of a shame. 
    Joel isn’t bothering me too much, because I recognise that most people won’t have seen it before, so they need to be walked through it and I also appreciate that he’s not just trying to be a British Jeff Probst. I can see how he might grate though!

I agree about post-merge too. If they can just keep enough interest until then, it might be ok.
    The other thing is, you need some interesting characters and the show needs a bit of luck with the casting, but some of the people in this series have been a bit…well…dull.

• Ghosts:
    Ending was sooooo disappointing considering it was the last ever episode honestly expected it to end better than it did.
    I thought the last episode of the series was good, enjoyed the ending.

However, good news Paulie, there's a Christmas special anyway so that will presumably be the ending ending.
    I thought the last episode was good as a whole, just thing the ending was a bit of a dab squib considering it was supposed to be the last ever episode 

With a Christmas episode Hopefully that finishes it off better and they end it well
  • Just stumbled across Traitors NZ so giving that a go as I've loved the UK & US versions
  • edited November 2023
    Halfway through Crime (Irvine Welsh/2nd series) slightly nuts but good.
  • Not sure if mentioned before

anyone seen Bodies on Netflix ?

3 episodes in and not sure if like it or not !!!
  • MrOneLung said:
    Not sure if mentioned before

Just finished it. Gets a bit weirder but makes sense (kind of!) in the end.
  • MrOneLung said:

Not the kind of show I usually go for but like Stephen Graham so watched it anyway. Only 8 episodes. 

Actually thought it was ok, went a bit all over the place in the middle but they wrapped it up quiet well and made it all make sense (as far as sci fi goes)
  • Thanks. Will keep at it. 
  • The new Brawn Documentary is available to watch on Disney+

All about their 2009 F1 Season.

Only watched the first Episode so far, but was good viewing
  • Binge watching Rob & Romesh from scratch. Didn't realise I found their chemistry so funny until now. Haven't laughed out loud so much for a long time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely loving the latest series of What We Do In The Shadows
  • meldrew66 said:
    Binge watching Rob & Romesh from scratch. Didn't realise I found their chemistry so funny until now. Haven't laughed out loud so much for a long time.
    So many funny episodes. Male modelling and drag queens are brilliant. 

The Staten Island Gay Pride was hilarious.
  • MrOneLung said:

Was losing interest mid way through episode 2 but it's lost me in three with the totally unecessary gay love interest/scene. Netflix just can't help themselves.
  • TELTEL
    edited November 2023
    Is anyone watching Prime's 007 Road to a  million

I'm really enjoying it although it seems a bit hurried in places. 
  • Halfway through Crime (Irvine Welsh/2nd series) slightly nuts but good.
    Finished watching this yesterday well worth watching.
  • Binged all four of the new and final series of the Crown last night. Some brilliant character acting although some fast and loose interpretation of history methinks. They do now specify that it’s fiction based on history. A good watch. 
  • Last night we watched episode 1 of the three part Western mini series The Hatfields & McCoys.

We thoroughly enjoyed it. 
    A good old fashioned western.
  • So in light of current events ,I had another go at Fauda..
    Think I ditched one episode in, years ago. No idea why.
    It's exceptional!

Three eps in @c@"carly burn"  and it’s a slow burner. Feels a bit budget but I’m guessing it ramps up? 
  • Binged all four of the new and final series of the Crown last night. Some brilliant character acting although some fast and loose interpretation of history methinks. They do now specify that it’s fiction based on history. A good watch. 
    That was lucky or you might’ve thought that ghost was real….
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone seen Culprits with Gemma Arterton on Disney+?  I'm into two episodes and it's not bad, wonder if anyone has caught up with it? 

Also just seen first two episodes of Murder at the end of the World also on Disney staring Clive Owen. Very good as a whodunit and very Sherlocky. 

The Staten Island Gay Pride was hilarious.
    The mini-Guillermos are brilliant and Colin Robinson just gets better and better
  • Saw the first installment of Boat Story on the BBC last night. Got a feeling this one will divide opinion. Established writers of TV hits like the Missing and Baptiste, the William brothers have been allowed to go full Coen brothers with the odd very messy flourish of Tarantino. The plot is plain daft and jumps the shark in the first few minutes. It will be interesting to see if people can keep up with the body count and stick with some graphic scenes of nastiness. However, the cast is top notch and Daisy Haggard is always a joy to watch (even minus a few digits).
  • Saw the first installment of Boat Story on the BBC last night. Got a feeling this one will divide opinion. Established writers of TV hits like the Missing and Baptiste, the William brothers have been allowed to go full Coen brothers with the odd very messy flourish of Tarantino. The plot is plain daft and jumps the shark in the first few minutes. It will be interesting to see if people can keep up with the body count and stick with some graphic scenes of nastiness. However, the cast is top notch and Daisy Haggard is always a joy to watch (even minus a few digits).
    I watched the first two episodes and really liked it. Different and very graphic but some dark comedy moments. 
  • MrOneLung said:

Not the kind of show I usually go for but like Stephen Graham so watched it anyway. Only 8 episodes. 

Actually thought it was ok, went a bit all over the place in the middle but they wrapped it up quiet well and made it all make sense (as far as sci fi goes)
    Stuck with it
    Wished I hadn't bothered.
  • Binned it after 1.5 episodes.
  • I was recently called a 'TV Snob' meaning I never watch any 'popular' TV like Corri, E Enders, B G Talent, Ant n Dec and all the so called 'reality' .. SOOOO I decided to watch at least the first part of 'I'm A Celebrity g m o o here and you know what ? ..... Go on tell us !!!! .... I thoroughly enjoyed it

• Not a series but watched the programme on Sky Documentaries called "David Holmes - The Boy Who Lived". It's the story of Daniel Radcliffe's stunt double who, in 2009, became permanently paralysed after a stunt that went wrong in Harry Potter. It's not easy viewing by any means because of the ongoing challenges that David now faces but it is equally as enlightening, sobering and heartwarming because of the way he meets those and how his friends, including Daniel Radcliffe, have rallied around him during the course of the last 14 years.     
  • edited November 2023
    I was recently called a 'TV Snob' meaning I never watch any 'popular' TV like Corri, E Enders, B G Talent, Ant n Dec and all the so called 'reality' .. SOOOO I decided to watch at least the first part of 'I'm A Celebrity g m o o here and you know what ? ..... Go on tell us !!!! .... I thoroughly enjoyed it

LOL...are you still watching it....it's fuc.... awful.....well past it's sell buy date....left MrsH to it last night but when I went upto bed she was fast asleep, but if you enjoy it Lincs that's all that matters.
  • Thoroughly enjoying “All of Us are Dead”, Korean zombie series on Netflix. Slight nitpick: Nice reference to Train to Busan but then they show a lack of knowledge about getting the zombies in the head.