Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Taxi_Lad said:
    The Long Shadow. I'm 2 in at it's really good with a strong cast.
    I always think ITV do dramas well when the subject is a true story.
     The fictional stuff they do nearly always goes awry,. And usually at the end
    Just finished having binge watched it on ITVX. Really well done. The Yorkshire Police took more of a bashing than the Met on Line of Duty. Wouldn’t surprise me if it wins some awards 
    Finally finished it. Outstanding TV that proves my previous point about ITV and true crime dramas.

I seem to be entering a very morbid era of TV watching at the moment, as I've also started Fauda last week and plan to slip 'The Reckoning' in somewhere.
    Eek!
  • Bodies on Netflix. 

If you like time travel stuff this is for you. 3 episodes in and really enjoying it.
  • The Burning Girls on Paramount Plus.

Adaption of the CJ Tudor novel. Am a huge fan of her books and the first 3 episodes of the 6 have been brilliant.

Samantha Morton is excellent as the Vicar with a past who gets relocated to a rural parish in Sussex. Very creepy and some dark themes. Anyone that likes a supernatural thriller should check it out.
  • edited October 2023
    Not new but started Manifest on Netflix. Sci-fi show about a plane that goes missing and returns 5 years later without the passengers aging. Watched 6 episodes so far, decent enough though has a slightly low budget feel to it with some of the acting and music. 
  • Talal said:
    Not new but started Manifest on Netflix. Sci-fi show about a plane that goes missing and returns 5 years later without the passengers aging. Watched 6 episodes so far, decent enough though has a slightly low budget feel to it with some of the acting and music. 
    I believe Netflix only have season 1 and 4 available, strange as that is.
  • Bodies on Netflix. 

If you like time travel stuff this is for you. 3 episodes in and really enjoying it.
    Might give this a go. Got a decent casr
  • Talal said:
    Yep. You will have to pay for 2 and 3 via Now TV. We didn’t bother 
  • Talal said:
    Enjoyed the first season and a half back in the day but it just kinda lost its way. 
  • we are considering skipping 2 and 3 and just seeing how 4 concludes 
  • Seems to have gone under the radar a bit but David Attenborough is back with a new series of Planet Earth, starts tonight. 8 episodes in total.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems to have gone under the radar a bit but David Attenborough is back with a new series of Planet Earth, starts tonight. 8 episodes in total.
    Excellent first episode but sad to see the effects of climate change on the natural world.
  • Have to admit that MAFS is my current guilty pleasure.

Thought Boiling Point was good but too short at only four episodes. Not seen the film, anyone know where I can find it?

Binge watched four episodes of Bodies tonight. Not sure if it’s sci fi or not but really enjoying it so far.
  • Have to admit that MAFS is my current guilty pleasure.

Thought Boiling Point was good but too short at only four episodes. Not seen the film, anyone know where I can find it?

Binge watched four episodes of Bodies tonight. Not sure if it’s sci fi or not but really enjoying it so far.
    Boiling Point (movie) is on Channel 4. Not sure what they call their on demand app anymore. 
  • Bodies has been interesting and different on Netflix.
    Looking forward to Bosch Legacy but so sad with the loss of Lance Reddick and Annie Wersching ( also the Borg Queen) Always need some Bosch in your life.
  • edited October 2023
    Seems to have gone under the radar a bit but David Attenborough is back with a new series of Planet Earth, starts tonight. 8 episodes in total.
    The fish with the water pistol action blew my mind!
  • edited October 2023
    I know I’m going to get shot down in flames and probably rightly so but I can’t watch those Attenborough programs now.
    Don’t get me wrong, I love the innovation of filming species in ways we’ve never seen etc but there’s always a but and it breaks my heart that I can’t do anything about it.
    Don’t tell me I can.
    Me buying a paper straw or biodegradable wet wipes is pissing in the wind when India have just built a massive coal fired power station and China have just constructed the fastest biggest train line to get their coal to their power station.
    And they put it on tv on a Sunday night when the majority of you are thinking about going to work the next morning.
    Oh happy days!

Sorry, not for me anymore 😞
    Going off topic here but switching your bank/credit card/pension to banks/organisations that do not fund fossil fuels, is an individual action that has a much greater impact than recycling, reducing meat consumption etc.
    https://makemymoneymatter.co.uk/
    https://bank.green/
  • I know I’m going to get shot down in flames and probably rightly so but I can’t watch those Attenborough programs now.
    Don’t get me wrong, I love the innovation of filming species in ways we’ve never seen etc but there’s always a but and it breaks my heart that I can’t do anything about it.
    Don’t tell me I can.
    Me buying a paper straw or biodegradable wet wipes is pissing in the wind when India have just built a massive coal fired power station and China have just constructed the fastest biggest train line to get their coal to their power station.
    And they put it on tv on a Sunday night when the majority of you are thinking about going to work the next morning.
    Oh happy days!

Going off topic here but switching your bank/credit card/pension to banks/organisations that do not fund fossil fuels, is an individual action that has a much greater impact than recycling, reducing meat consumption etc.
    https://makemymoneymatter.co.uk/
    https://bank.green/
    I live in Ireland.
    We still pay the banks to look after our money 🙄
  • I know I’m going to get shot down in flames and probably rightly so but I can’t watch those Attenborough programs now.
    Don’t tell me I can.
    Oh happy days!

As much as I love nature, and I really do.....Im like you now, it breaks my heart what we are doing to our planet. Have you watched Seaspiracy? Me buying only Farmed fish...thought I was doing my bit....was I really?....nope not at all. I watched it through gritted teeth....watching the Japanese slaughtering Dolphins.....and everyone thought it was for meat.....oh no its not.
  • TEL said:
    I know I’m going to get shot down in flames and probably rightly so but I can’t watch those Attenborough programs now.
    Don’t tell me I can.
    Oh happy days!

As much as I love nature, and I really do.....Im like you now, it breaks my heart what we are doing to our planet. Have you watched Seaspiracy? Me buying only Farmed fish...thought I was doing my bit....was I really?....nope not at all. I watched it through gritted teeth....watching the Japanese slaughtering Dolphins.....and everyone thought it was for meat.....oh no its not.

Living in a fishing village I know only too well what other countries get away with.
    It's devastating & leaves me heartbroken 💔 😞 
  • Sponsored links:

• Been watching the Fall of the house of Usher and must admit I don't get the hype at all
  • edited October 2023
    Only new series, not new shows, but both Ghosts and Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing were both as good as usual.
  • French series Dark Hearts currently on BBC4. Absolutely excellent.  French troops in Syria pursuing ISIS.

Australian series Black Snow was a good watch. A school time capsule, opened up 25 years on, provides clues to an unsolved murder.
  • French series Dark Hearts currently on BBC4. Absolutely excellent.  French troops in Syria pursuing ISIS.

Australian series Black Snow was a good watch. A school time capsule, opened up 25 years on, provides clues to an unsolved murder.
     I thought it was in Iraq??

Ditto for both series, bb. 

Thanks for highlighting how good they are & hope others give them a try.
  • SIL recommended Last man on Earth and said it was hilarious. So we coughed up £14 but into episode 7 I have barely laughed.
    Black Snow is pretty good (and free!) 
  • Season 5 of What We Do In The Shadows has landed on Disney+. Big fan of the show and hoping for good things. Written by Jermaine Clement.
  • edited October 2023
    Watched the first two episodes of Time on Iplayer - this series is set in a women's prison. Jodie Whittaker and Bella Ramsey are very good and it shows again the need for reform in prison.
  • Finished Boiling Point on Friday and although we enjoyed it it definitely needed a couple more episodes. Each episode tends to focus on one character, but after that episode they barely touch upon that storyline again.

The story and plot definitely needed another couple episodes to expand the plot a bit further. There will almost definitely be a second series which I hope is given a lot more scope.
  • Watched the first two episodes of Time on Iplayer - this series is set in a women's prison. Jodie Whittaker and Bella Ramsey are very good and it shows again the need for reform in prison.
    Didn't realise this was back, is it another 3 parter? Will definitely have a look at this