Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just started episode 3 of Beckham

Beckham comes across as a big time flash harry in episode 1, spending money as quick as he earns it, Gary Neville i think it was at one point said him and Phil were putting money aside in pensions but David wasn't bothered about that, Roy Keane mentioned Beckham spending loads on a pen

He seemed to try and annoy SAF as well, the thing about the colouring of the boots springs to mind.

Even at the start of episode 3, he got the haircut and Gary Neville said, he knew SAF wouldn't approve and it would annoy him so why do it.

I don't like the criticism and abuse he got after the 98 red card it was definitely to much, but again his parents saying Hoddle shouldn't have blamed him(if he didn't get sent off Hoddle wouldn't have blamed him) 

I am definitely enjoying it but it hasn't improved my opinion on David Beckham so far, he seems to be someone who done things to antagonise managers and see how far he could push them.
    .......but I have actually warmed to Posh after watching this series. I could never stand all of the photos of her pouts and posing and yet she actually came across as normal, grounded and unaffected in the series. Maybe she has mellowed/grown-up with age? Maybe being so much 'less famous' now than she was has led to her changed behaviours?
  • edited October 2023

• Blame Shearers elbow.
  • edited October 2023
    meldrew66 said:
    Just started episode 3 of Beckham

Beckham comes across as a big time flash harry in episode 1, spending money as quick as he earns it, Gary Neville i think it was at one point said him and Phil were putting money aside in pensions but David wasn't bothered about that, Roy Keane mentioned Beckham spending loads on a pen

He seemed to try and annoy SAF as well, the thing about the colouring of the boots springs to mind.

Even at the start of episode 3, he got the haircut and Gary Neville said, he knew SAF wouldn't approve and it would annoy him so why do it.

I don't like the criticism and abuse he got after the 98 red card it was definitely to much, but again his parents saying Hoddle shouldn't have blamed him(if he didn't get sent off Hoddle wouldn't have blamed him) 

I am definitely enjoying it but it hasn't improved my opinion on David Beckham so far, he seems to be someone who done things to antagonise managers and see how far he could push them.
    Got to disagree here. A manager should always stand by his players, and Hoddle threw him under the bus with his post-match comments which i felt was a big factor in the abuse he got.

Obviously the incident itself was Beckham's fault, but Hoddle could've played it down, said he felt it was a harsh red, we win/lose as a team etc, anything really. But he didn't.

I agree Chris. It's true to say that we didn't 'lose' as a result of his sending off. We drew with 10 men and then the penalty takers failed. That's not down to Beckham and, therefore, Hoddle really had no right/basis to say that he was to blame. It's simply, factually, not true. It suited Hoddle to make Beckham the villain as it deflected any potential 'blame' from him. 

One thing that does surprise me, though, is that Beckham never came out and apologised publicly at the time for 'letting himself and/or his country down'. I think if he had done that, the public would have been quicker to 'forgive' him. It's one of many examples seen in the series of Beckham showing signs of arrogance which risked undermining his undoubtable world-class ability. He fell out with pretty much every manager and numerous players which, whilst not earth shattering, does suggest something of a self-destruct mentality. I like the guy and will always admire and envy his skills and achievements but that doesn't mean that he isn't a flawed individual.
  • Polluting this thread with MAFS ffs. You all need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Absolute trash tv when there is so much good stuff to watch.
    Should be watching Big Brother, some proper trash reality TV! 
  • edited October 2023
    The Offer - about the making of The Godfather movie - is very interesting. I'm half way through now. It's made by Al Ruddy about his experience/challenges producing the film and is about real life characters from that time including himself, Frank Sinatra, Francis Ford-Coppola and the writer, Mario Puzo amongst others.
  • Polluting this thread with MAFS ffs. You all need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Absolute trash tv when there is so much good stuff to watch.
    Her indoors watches that shite.
  • Bilko said:
    Polluting this thread with MAFS ffs. You all need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Absolute trash tv when there is so much good stuff to watch.
    What is it?
  • Bilko said:
    Polluting this thread with MAFS ffs. You all need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Absolute trash tv when there is so much good stuff to watch.
    What is it?
    Married at Frist sight UK

• MrOneLung said:
    Bilko said:
    What is it?
    Married at Frist sight UK

Oh dear god! 🫣
  • Sponsored links:

• Finished the Reckoning. Chilling ain’t the word. Unbelievably brazen. Truly thought he was untouchable. Such he shame he never got to be held accountable while alive 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Finished the Reckoning. Chilling ain’t the word. Unbelievably brazen. Truly thought he was untouchable. Such he shame he never got to be held accountable while alive 
    And sadly, rightly thought it.
  • Never understand people getting so irate about what someone else watches on tv 🤣

I don’t watch BB or MAFS but couldn’t give a shit if someone else does. 
    My wife loves trash TV including shows like MAFS. The positive with that is I can go off and watch something completely different in another room and not get moaned at!
  • Truth be told thats when I do most of my reading when she is watching stuff like that but made in Chelsea, man alive those people and the way they speak hits me like a cattle prod. 
  • Just finished the ITV series The Long Shadow.  Gut wrenching, especially as it reflected a time I lived through, Covering the Yorkshire Ripper.  Strong but stressful watching.
  • Kap10 said:
    Just finished the ITV series The Long Shadow.  Gut wrenching, especially as it reflected a time I lived through, Covering the Yorkshire Ripper.  Strong but stressful watching.
    Just finished it too … very good, amazing how much I remembered 
  • edited October 2023
    Wilma said:
    Should be watching Big Brother, some proper trash reality TV! 
    Our pub talk tonight was the surprise it’s not now called Plus Size Sibling :-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 episodes into Boiling point... Great TV but seriously intense (mind you, if you saw the film you'd know what to expect).

New series of ghosts was very good.
  • Rick and Morty season 7 starts in the US soon. Won't be for everyone, I rather enjoy it. 

https://youtu.be/BKYJ5AIOU9I?si=h4wz0WmLvDY9BXdJ
  • Loving Top Boy season 3. Sully and Dushane play off each other so so well
  • meldrew66 said:
    The Offer - about the making of The Godfather movie - is very interesting. I'm half way through now. It's made by Al Ruddy about his experience/challenges producing the film and is about real life characters from that time including himself, Frank Sinatra, Francis Ford-Coppola and the writer, Mario Puzo amongst others.

Loved this. 
  • Jints said:
    meldrew66 said:

Loved this. 
    Just finished the 10 part series. 10/10. Didn’t want it to end and now I’m desperate to watch the trilogy of movies for the first time in decades. Highly recommended to anyone who has seen the movie.
  • blitzed through the 5 episodes of BBC's 'Soldier', the making and/or breaking of new infantry recruits at Catterick .. eye opening stuff .. if you put your children through what these (mostly) youngsters went through, you'd be nicked for child cruelty
  • A few recommendations as I've been housebound for a bit.

For any Kung Fu fans I've just completed Season 3 of Warrior on Sky.

Excellent action from the original writings of Bruce Lee. Produced by his daughter and the same team that did Banshee which was one of my particular favourite shows ever.

A film called Nobody on Netflix staring the man that played Better call Saul, predictable yes but he was worth watching. 

A series I reluctantly had to pay for on Amazon called The Man that Fell to Earth.

It's a sequel to the original film staring David Bowie which I loved. 

Chiwetel Ejiofor is excellent and Bill Nighy and Naomie Harris really add to the programme. Nearly finished the 10 episodes but it's been very well done and quite faithful to the film in respect of why Bowie fell to earth... Literally. 

Finally, if there's any Bosch fans out there tomorrow we finally get to see Leagacy Season 2 with season 3 has already agreed.

Everybody needs a bit of Bosch in their lives! He'd get the parking round the Valley sorted! 

• Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but I’m well on the way through the second series of COBRA. Preferring this one to the first season as it’s slightly less bonkers and the acting a bit more plausible all round. A good watch. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    Jints said:
    meldrew66 said:

Loved this. 
    Just finished the 10 part series. 10/10. Didn’t want it to end and now I’m desperate to watch the trilogy of movies for the first time in decades. Highly recommended to anyone who has seen the movie.
    It got really mixed reviews but everyone I know who has seen it thought it was great. I watched 1 and 2 shortly after and it was really worth doing so. They are on Amzon Prime if you have that and Sky Movies too I think. 
  • Jints said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Jints said:
    meldrew66 said:

Loved this. 
    It got really mixed reviews but everyone I know who has seen it thought it was great. I watched 1 and 2 shortly after and it was really worth doing so. They are on Amzon Prime if you have that and Sky Movies too I think. 
    My parents are both big fans of the Trilogy now. They've recently watched part 1 for the third time, saying they can never get tired of it :D it's very rare for them because they're not those people who like to rewatch anything! Me neither actually. So I've recommended this series to them and they are very interested, just haven't got around to watching it yet. I've been busy but once I get time I'll watch it too. I knew this series but forgot about it so thanks for mentioning it on here.