Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• The Kominsky Method (Netflix) is worth a watch. Michael Douglas is a better actor than I had realised. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    The Kominsky Method (Netflix) is worth a watch. Michael Douglas is a better actor than I had realised. 
    great series
  • Who is Erin Carter is quite bonkers but kinda watchable.
  • Watching rings of power on Amazon. Actually really enjoying it - was expecting to think it was crap, but it’s quite good. Don’t understand the luke warm response it originally got 
  • Who is Erin Carter is quite bonkers but kinda watchable.
    I couldn’t get on with it. Acting was so ham I was edible. Gave up after half an hour. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Special Ops: Lioness was watchable on Amazon

Thandie Newton, Nicole Kidman
    We enjoyed it but felt the last episode was very rushed
  • Race Across the World Celeb edition now starting next Wednesday:

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/entertainment/celebrity-race-across-the-world-new-date-newsupdate/

Glad the celebs are taking a family member, makes it a bit different to quite a few celebrity shows, and the location looks a good one.

Fingers crossed it's still as decent as the non celebrity version.
  • Finished the new season on top boy. Absolutely gutted it was only 6 episodes and it’s all done. Proper quality UK TV.
    Felt rushed for a last season imo. They could/should have done more with the Irish storyline imo. Still brilliant though 
  • The Wrestlers on netflix. Right up my street
  • Carter said:
    Ahsoka, just Ahsoka 

I'm fully paid up now Star Wars like this is phenomenal, Ray Stevenson as Balon is amazing and its sadistic he passed away before being able to hear how highly his performance of a genuinely interesting and complex character is rated. The ending of the last episode will make hardcore fans shit themselves, pure shit made of intrigue and joy 
    Started watching it tonight, just started the 2nd episode, it’s brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Thandie Newton????

I think you mean the American actress Zoe Saldana.
  • Carter said:
    Ahsoka, just Ahsoka 

I'm fully paid up now Star Wars like this is phenomenal, Ray Stevenson as Balon is amazing and its sadistic he passed away before being able to hear how highly his performance of a genuinely interesting and complex character is rated. The ending of the last episode will make hardcore fans shit themselves, pure shit made of intrigue and joy 
    You will combust when you get to episodes 4 and 5 
  • TEL said:
    MrOneLung said:

Thandie Newton????

I think you mean the American actress Zoe Saldana.
    No idea where I got Thandie Newton from. I know it is Zoe Saldana as bit of a crush of mine ( but not when she is green!!) 
  • Jessie said:
    MrOneLung said:

My mum finished watching this last week and said she enjoyed it very much.
    We're half way through the series & thoroughly enjoying it so far.
    Glad you're enjoying it! I later found out that one of the main writers is Taylor Sheridan who is famous for creating the popular series Yellowstone, 1883, 1923, Mayor of Kingstown etc. So I said to my mum "No wonder this series is good" 😃
  • edited September 2023
    Loving The Lovers. But then I do have a thing about Johnny Flynn who once put his socks in my drawer. True story. 

Is anyone still awake enough to post the Kenneth Williams meme?
  • Loving The Lovers. But then I do have a thing about Johnny Flynn who once put his socks in my drawer. True story. 

Is that an euphemism?
  • Really enjoying Wrestlers on Netflix. 
  • Class Act on Netflix tells the story of Bernard Tapie, who was a French entrepreneur, politician and owner of Olympic Marseille. A really good watch.

Tapie died last year and didn't want the series published. I can understand why!
  • Loving The Lovers. But then I do have a thing about Johnny Flynn who once put his socks in my drawer. True story. 

Is anyone still awake enough to post the Kenneth Williams meme?
    I binged it & felt it a bit meh tbh.
    He does nowt for me, he's all yours 🤷‍♀️
  • Carter said:
    Ahsoka, just Ahsoka 

Ashoka been great so far.  Straight out of the Mandalorian s1 vibes.  Great performances included. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Class Act on Netflix tells the story of Bernard Tapie, who was a French entrepreneur, politician and owner of Olympic Marseille. A really good watch.

Tapie died last year and didn't want the series published. I can understand why!
    I liked all them songs he did with Elton
  • Have avoided this thread for a few weeks whilst watching Top Boy. Finished last episode tonight, as someone else said there was enough there in this series for another 4 episodes minimum. Tadh and Johnny were definitely characters that could have been explored more than they were. 

No spoilers on plots or endings, can’t believe it was 12 years since the first. Kane Robinson is increasingly brilliant as Sully and the events around Lauryn was really powerful TV. 

Great series. Just got to avoid saying shit like ‘it’s calm’ and ‘say less bro’ to my senior manager for a while.

Love
  • Wagwan

Is that an euphemism?
    Sounds like it isn't but if I was a woman I would definitely start using that as one!
  • Carter said:
    Carter said:
    Ahsoka, just Ahsoka 

You will combust when you get to episodes 4 and 5 
    After reading this yesterday, I had to watch those two episodes before I retired last night.
    Whilst I didn’t make a mess of the living room, it certainly had me hooked.
    Think this is one of the better spin offs 👍🏼
  • Short BBC 2 series, 'State of Chaos; UK politics since Brexit .. 3 parts, 2 on iPlayer .. well worth a watch for all you politicos out there 
  • Enjoyed Celebrity Race Across rhe World, just felt like a normal series to be honest.

Route looks decent too, might just be Europe (apart from Morocco), but the fact they are going all the way up to the Arctic should mean it's quite varied.
  • Another reminder to anyone who like star warsy stuff to watch Ahsoka somehow this latest episode has enhanced the programme further which is frankly incredible given how good the others have been 

Ray Stevenson is absolutely stealing the show as the non-jedi we never knew we needed although I think Lars Mickelson will run him close 
  • Carter said:
    Another reminder to anyone who like star warsy stuff to watch Ahsoka somehow this latest episode has enhanced the programme further which is frankly incredible given how good the others have been 

Ray Stevenson is absolutely stealing the show as the non-jedi we never knew we needed although I think Lars Mickelson will run him close 
    Finished it today.
    Its good.
    Has me hooked.
  • WHAddick said:
    Loving The Lovers. But then I do have a thing about Johnny Flynn who once put his socks in my drawer. True story. 

Is that an euphemism?
    Sounds like it isn't but if I was a woman I would definitely start using that as one!
    I am a woman for anyone who doesn’t know. We used to rent out our flat as a film location. In an episode of Love Sick it was used as Johnny Flynn’s girlfriend’s place. He moved in - and was filmed putting his socks into my chest of drawers. I’ve had a soft spot for him ever since 😀