Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• jams said:
    Didn't really get on with the bear - just didn't click for me 
    How many episodes did you watch? I found the first one too intense (albeit after a difficult day) and only got into it after a few episodes and then absolutely loved it 
    Managed about 75% of series 1. Might have another go as may have been in the wrong frame of mind as you say 
  • Croydon said:
    Anyone who enjoyed Painkiller should watch Dopesick on Hulu. About the Oxycontin/opioid crisis as well, but much more focus on the District Attorney's case against it.
    I watched Dopesick during Lockdown thanks to a recommendation on this thread.

Excellent series
  • Just finished Australian Traitors, even better than the UK one!
  • Nobody else has mentioned it but Ahsoka on Disney+ first two episodes aired yesterday and I'm fully hooked and invested. These Star wars series' mainly the mandalorian and this one have well and truly won me over and if the films were like this I think I'd get more excited about them. 

Ray Stevenson who passed away after filming is immense, he is about the only major male character then its all about the girls 2 Aliens and one human as well as the token snarky robot played by David Tennant 

And I'm not even ashamed to say, my all time favourite Rosario Dawson looks amazing painted orange with blue and white errrr hair 
  • Anyone else seen Boot Dreams: Now or Never? Disregard the awful title. 
    It’s on iPlayer but you have to search to find it. Strange it hasn’t had more publicity because it’s a really decent football obs doc.
    Centres on a bunch of released players trying to get back into the pro game, led by former Watford striker Gifton Noel Williams, who is possibly the best thing about it. I’m two eps in and it’s addictive. Clearly made by people who understand football, not a Love Island meets Ted Lasso try-too-hard. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Anyone else seen Boot Dreams: Now or Never? Disregard the awful title. 
    It’s on iPlayer but you have to search to find it. Strange it hasn’t had more publicity because it’s a really decent football obs doc.
    Centres on a bunch of released players trying to get back into the pro game, led by former Watford striker Gifton Noel Williams, who is possibly the best thing about it. I’m two eps in and it’s addictive. Clearly made by people who understand football, not a Love Island meets Ted Lasso try-too-hard. 
    Have been watching it - an interesting watch.
  • Carter said:
    Nobody else has mentioned it but Ahsoka on Disney+ first two episodes aired yesterday and I'm fully hooked and invested. These Star wars series' mainly the mandalorian and this one have well and truly won me over and if the films were like this I think I'd get more excited about them. 

Ray Stevenson who passed away after filming is immense, he is about the only major male character then its all about the girls 2 Aliens and one human as well as the token snarky robot played by David Tennant 

And I'm not even ashamed to say, my all time favourite Rosario Dawson looks amazing painted orange with blue and white errrr hair 
    Big SW fan and quite enjoyed it, enjoyed the new characters the most and as you said Ray was very good - had a lot of gravitas on the screen. I hope it pays off as I really didn't enjoy Kenobi in the end. My only complaint, without spoilers, was the ending of Ep1, that keeps happening and its starting to wind me up. 
  • Gone Fishing is back on 3rd September for a 6th series 😊

And away!
    Excellent 👍 
  • Croydon said:
    Anyone who enjoyed Painkiller should watch Dopesick on Hulu. About the Oxycontin/opioid crisis as well, but much more focus on the District Attorney's case against it.
    I watched Dopesick during Lockdown thanks to a recommendation on this thread.

Excellent series
    Agreed. Considering watching Painkiller too if it's not completely the same. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Binged the Burnley documentary. Interesting watch. The American team are a fascinating bunch. Men of faith but hard nosed businessmen too. Kompany is an impressive cookie. 
  • Carter said:
    Nobody else has mentioned it but Ahsoka on Disney+ first two episodes aired yesterday and I'm fully hooked and invested. These Star wars series' mainly the mandalorian and this one have well and truly won me over and if the films were like this I think I'd get more excited about them. 

Big SW fan and quite enjoyed it, enjoyed the new characters the most and as you said Ray was very good - had a lot of gravitas on the screen. I hope it pays off as I really didn't enjoy Kenobi in the end. My only complaint, without spoilers, was the ending of Ep1, that keeps happening and its starting to wind me up. 
    I can only assume healthcare has improved dramatically since the fall of the empire 

I was given homework by a SW obsessed friend of mine to watch some episodes of rebels and that has helped me immensely with understanding who everyone is but I'm still really taken in by it. Promising start
  • The Woman in the Wall(BBC)

Interesting first episode based on abuse in the Catholic church. Very dark drama but intriguing and love the way it is shot.

• Second series of DNA on BBC4 is very good.

Quite enjoyed Who is Erin Carter on Netflix.
  • Enjoyed 1883 / 1923 and Yellowstone on Paramount.
  • Valley11 said:
    Anyone else seen Boot Dreams: Now or Never? Disregard the awful title. 
    Yes, 3 episodes in and enjoying it. Feels like a basic, low budget doc from 15-20 years ago, and is better for it 

Interesting first episode based on abuse in the Catholic church. Very dark drama but intriguing and love the way it is shot.

thought it was awful and didn't watch second episode
  • Series 2 of The Tower started last night and was watchable.
    Not sure if all episodes are being shown in one strip this week

Hello mate, any Euro-drama around now that you've enjoyed? Haven't seen much lately - I guess partly the pandemic shut down a lot of production that would now be out there. At least there's a new series of Beck on iPlayer, it's always classy and the Norwegian detective is back. He cracks me up.

Thought I was watching a repeat at first. Very similar settings as ITV's Holding last year which was an adaptation of Graham Norton's book - black Dublin cop trying to sort out the strange goings on in some West of Ireland town and having to work with an overweight and old school local Garda sergeant. Ruth Wilson is compelling to watch even if her accent goes on a tour of the emerald isle. Very touchy subject provides the back drop to the story (Catholic Church and the Magdalene laundries). Be interesting how this goes down in Ireland. Early signs are not positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    Series 2 of The Tower started last night and was watchable.
    Not sure if all episodes are being shown in one strip this week
    Watched all 4 episodes via ITVX last night & found it surprisingly enjoyable.

Hello mate, any Euro-drama around now that you've enjoyed? Haven't seen much lately - I guess partly the pandemic shut down a lot of production that would now be out there. At least there's a new series of Beck on iPlayer, it's always classy and the Norwegian detective is back. He cracks me up.
    That short series of Back is a must watch. Really pulls all the personal stories of the individuals together too.

All  4 has some decent stuff atm. The Pleasure Principle (a bit like the Team), Spiral of Lies and Enemy of the People.

Have you watched the two series of Snabba Cash? Leading lady plays Erin Carter in the previously mentioned Netflix series.

A bit old but presume you've watched Lupin on Netflix? Absolutely excellent, with a new series due. Enjoy.

Thought I was watching a repeat at first. Very similar settings as ITV's Holding last year which was an adaptation of Graham Norton's book - black Dublin cop trying to sort out the strange goings on in some West of Ireland town and having to work with an overweight and old school local Garda sergeant. Ruth Wilson is compelling to watch even if her accent goes on a tour of the emerald isle. Very touchy subject provides the back drop to the story (Catholic Church and the Magdalene laundries). Be interesting how this goes down in Ireland. Early signs are not positive.
    Thought it got over the claustrophobic nature of small town life in Ireland. A lot of secrets.
  • Itvx not showing The Tower in Scotland, will have to wait until the 4 episodes are recorded.
    Also wanted to 2nd watching Deadloch,
    Good who dunnit and quite funny in parts.
  • meldrew66 said:
    Currently binge watching The Morning Show (Apple TV/IPTV). Enjoyed season 1. Season 2 is a bit slow.
    it's not great imho, got roped into watching it whilst having a stomach bug by the wife. Steve Carrell's the only one who makes it watchable, everyone else are boring and detestable. That and it seems like a horrendously toxic place to work.
  • It's reality tv, but enjoying Alone on channel 4 atm. Although feel like some of them managed to record basically nothing useable as they're in it for a while but they're hardly in it. Meanwhile one or two get loads of airtime but leave early. 
  • Carter said:

Yes I was pleasantly surprised by how good this is so far - looks like it has potential. In terms of the other new SW shows I would rank: 

1. Andor
    2. Mandalorian
    3. Obi wan
    4. Boba fett

With andor just being fantastic TV , star wars or not 
  • Anyone seen Shantaram on Apple? Read the book while travelling (which ages me). Wondered if it was worth a watch? 

I liked The Bear S1, but wasn’t getting the hype, loved S2, one character’s journey in particular. As someone said earlier there are a couple of episodes that are almost flawless TV. 

Rewatching the West Wing for the 800th time at the moment, still a classic. 
  • Davo55 said:
    I really appreciate this thread. Got to watch The Bear through your recommendations and loving it.

Highly recommend The Marvellous Mrs Maisel on Prime. Very good, funny, great late 1950s New York period detail. It's not a new series but one we missed when it was originally screened.
    I've watched them all and loved it. I loved the way it was shot. Great acting too. The only thing I didn't like was the Lenny Bruce character. Found him annoying. But maybe that was the point.