Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just finished yelllowstone. Bit ridiculous at times but great fun, can't wait for the final part to come out later this year 
  • cafcpolo said:
    Absolutely loved S1 of The Bear but felt S2 was a huge step backwards!
    What sort of show is The Bear? What is it similar to?Had a few mentions on here
    American version of chef with Lenny Henry 
  • Waited until this week to watch Hijack, now all 7 episodes are available rather than watch them weekly.

Really enjoyed it. 
    Likewise. 
  • Not a TV series, but anyone seen the Wham documentary on Netflix? 

I really enjoyed it 
  • Not a TV series, but anyone seen the Wham documentary on Netflix? 

I really enjoyed it 
    Yes it was very good.
  • Anyone watching Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty on Sky Atlantic? 

I’m 3 episodes in and enjoying it 
    For those that enjoyed Season 1 last year, the 2nd series is now on Sky Atlantic 
  • edited August 2023
    S2 E6 ('Seven Fishes') of The Bear was by far the most stressful hour of TV I have ever watched..absolutely bloomin' marvellous. Jamie Lee Curtis was phenomenal and loved seeing Bob Odenkirk pop up too... Best show on TV by a long way (IMO!)
  • just caught up on colin from accounts, great bit of tv. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just started 'The Morning Show'. Superb acting by Reese Witherspoon. Not so much by Jennifer Aniston but, of course, pleasing on the eye, at least
  • S2 E6 ('Seven Fishes') of The Bear was by far the most stressful hour of TV I have ever watched..absolutely bloomin' marvellous. Jamie Lee Curtis was phenomenal and loved seeing Bob Odenkirk pop up too... Best show on TV by a long way (IMO!)
    I love every minute of this series. Its just got everything. And its so emotional. As you say that flashback episode was physically and mentally draining. What acting. The fork :).

Bring on Series 3.      
  • I just started watching Succession - cant stop now its got me. Late to the party but my god its brilliant. 
  • Anyone watching Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty on Sky Atlantic? 

I’m 3 episodes in and enjoying it 
    For those that enjoyed Season 1 last year, the 2nd series is now on Sky Atlantic 
    Looking forward to this, really enjoyed season 1
  • S2 E6 ('Seven Fishes') of The Bear was by far the most stressful hour of TV I have ever watched..absolutely bloomin' marvellous. Jamie Lee Curtis was phenomenal and loved seeing Bob Odenkirk pop up too... Best show on TV by a long way (IMO!)
    I love every minute of this series. Its just got everything. And its so emotional. As you say that flashback episode was physically and mentally draining. What acting. The fork :).

Bring on Series 3.      
    I've recently started this and am 4 or 5 episodes in. Maybe I was expecting a bit much given the glowing reviews on here but not a whole lot has happened bar a lot of squabbling and cooking. It picks up I take it or is the style throughout? 
  • edited August 2023
    There is a new series of the excellent Only Murders in the Building on Disney+ tonight. Starring Steve Martin, Martin Short & Selena Gomez it is a cleverly put together show & very funny. Recommended.
  • Currently binge watching The Morning Show (Apple TV/IPTV). Enjoyed season 1. Season 2 is a bit slow.
  • Talal said:
    S2 E6 ('Seven Fishes') of The Bear was by far the most stressful hour of TV I have ever watched..absolutely bloomin' marvellous. Jamie Lee Curtis was phenomenal and loved seeing Bob Odenkirk pop up too... Best show on TV by a long way (IMO!)

Bring on Series 3.      
    I've recently started this and am 4 or 5 episodes in. Maybe I was expecting a bit much given the glowing reviews on here but not a whole lot has happened bar a lot of squabbling and cooking. It picks up I take it or is the style throughout? 
    Season 2 is better than season 1 but I liked it right from the start. It's the dialogue and the acting for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like they're including segments of the Womens team in this next season

They're not stupid
  • PainKiller on Netflix, is a dramatised story of Oxycontin, and Purdue Pharma.
    Absolutely riveting stuff.

Just finished - great tv and a shocking story.
  • Agree with those 2 posts re Painkiller. 
  • Just finished the 2nd series of From on Sky....no idea what is going on, but relatively entertaining.
    I thought “From” was ok. Pretty creepy stuff. Some characters are a bit dumb and cheesy, but it’s alright. 

Trouble is, it seems like it’s going to be one of those programmes where they never finish it properly - every season ending with a cliffhanger until it outlives its entertainment value, so eventually everyone is disappointed and it ends unsatisfactorily.

Hope I’m wrong, but I’d put money on it.

I heard it was a bit crap compared to Dopesick, which covers the same story but is on Disney+? 
    You need to watch Dopesick, that is superb! 

I heard it was a bit crap compared to Dopesick, which covers the same story but is on Disney+? 
    I was going to ask how it compared to the brilliant Dopesick. I'm not sure I can manage two series on the same subject. 
  • Enjoyed Silo, The Morning Show and Hijack. 
    Really going for value on Apple before binning it off again and switching back to Disney soon…
  • Finished season 2 of the Bear last night. Some of the later episodes were truly top TV, up there with the very best.