Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• I see that star struck has a third series on iPlayer. 
  • Binge watched all 6 episodes of The Chosen One on Netflix tonight.....with one eye on here of course.

Nearly gave up on it at 2 episodes in but stuck with it & glad that I did.

However, whilst googling " What does the ending mean? ", all became clear and with the revelation that series 1 is the first based on  a comic book trilogy, I shall eagerly look forward to the following 2 series.

The google article I read refers to it as " Stranger Things meet the Book of Revelations".

Sounds just like my cup of tea.
  • Celebrity race across the world starts on Weds 13th September, will be interesting to see how this compares to the original.
  • Found Painkiller a bit of a struggle to get through after Dopesick. Only one choice if you've not seen either in my opinion. 
  • Don’t get the hyoe with the Bear, but appreciate im probably in the minority. Found S1 ok and have watched 3 episodes of S2, don’t think I’m going to bother continuing. 
  • Gone Fishing BBC2 tonight 9pm.

Teds back 🎣🐕‍🦺🐾
    The Ted bits were so good this week.
  • Not sure whether to dive straight into the new series of Top Boy or rewatch teh previous seasons first. 

• edited September 2023
    Don’t get the hyoe with the Bear, but appreciate im probably in the minority. Found S1 ok and have watched 3 episodes of S2, don’t think I’m going to bother continuing. 
    I gave up about 4 episodes in, just wasn't my thing.
  • Don’t get the hyoe with the Bear, but appreciate im probably in the minority. Found S1 ok and have watched 3 episodes of S2, don’t think I’m going to bother continuing. 
    Stick with until at least the end of episode 6 if you can, it's a brilliant episode of television that sort of comes out of nowhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Glovepup said:
    I see that star struck has a third series on iPlayer. 
    yep, boshed through it last week. Good ending tbh - has a strong final episode that many shows rarely do.
  • Jints said:
    Not sure whether to dive straight into the new series of Top Boy or rewatch teh previous seasons first. 

Watched the first two episodes of final series. Excellent so far.
  • Ahsoka, just Ahsoka 

I'm fully paid up now Star Wars like this is phenomenal, Ray Stevenson as Balon is amazing and its sadistic he passed away before being able to hear how highly his performance of a genuinely interesting and complex character is rated. The ending of the last episode will make hardcore fans shit themselves, pure shit made of intrigue and joy 
  • Valley11 said:
    Anyone else seen Boot Dreams: Now or Never? Disregard the awful title. 
    It’s on iPlayer but you have to search to find it. Strange it hasn’t had more publicity because it’s a really decent football obs doc.
    Centres on a bunch of released players trying to get back into the pro game, led by former Watford striker Gifton Noel Williams, who is possibly the best thing about it. I’m two eps in and it’s addictive. Clearly made by people who understand football, not a Love Island meets Ted Lasso try-too-hard. 
    We enjoyed it but quotes like ‘he’s being watched by scouts from League Two Mansfield Town where players can earn up to a million a year’ or some such bollocks really got my goat. Do they think we are stupid?
  • enjoyed series two of The Tower and also thought Wolf was good too.
  • I just finished the second season of Star Trek Strange New Worlds. Very enjoyable second series. Puts most of the other recent Star treks where they belong, in the bin. 

I hate musicals with a passion but have to say episode 8 was fantastic as was the cartoon episode. 

Makes up for the disappointing Picard series and Discovery which was absolute garbage. 
  • Watching a very good German production on Netflix called " Dear Child" it's dubbed but done very well. Highly recommended. 
  • Carter said:
    Ahsoka, just Ahsoka 

I'm fully paid up now Star Wars like this is phenomenal, Ray Stevenson as Balon is amazing and its sadistic he passed away before being able to hear how highly his performance of a genuinely interesting and complex character is rated. The ending of the last episode will make hardcore fans shit themselves, pure shit made of intrigue and joy 
    Yea brilliant episode.
  • Jints said:
    Not sure whether to dive straight into the new series of Top Boy or rewatch teh previous seasons first. 

u only need to watch the last one
  • Redhenry said:
    Jints said:

u only need to watch the last one
    Sure. But its a good enough show to deserve a rewatch with no long gaps between series. Started off yesterday with Ra'Nell and co - 12 years ago!
  • Sponsored links:

• Finished the new season on top boy. Absolutely gutted it was only 6 episodes and it’s all done. Proper quality UK TV.
  • enjoyed series two of The Tower and also thought Wolf was good too.
    Ditto, Large.

Surprised that Wolf seems to have passed most Lifers by.
  • Re top boy, watched an episode of the first netflix series a while back... enjoyed it but for some reason didn't carry on.... is it worth me starting again with the original "summerhouse" series first?
  • I think so. Only 4 episodes in each of the two summerhouse series. Production values are improved once Netflix take over but the channel 4 ones are still great.
  • Special Ops: Lioness was watchable on Amazon

Thandie Newton, Nicole Kidman
  • Watching Hijack and Top Boy, both v good.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Special Ops: Lioness was watchable on Amazon

My mum finished watching this last week and said she enjoyed it very much.
  • Justified City Primeval on Disney. Maintains the quality of the original show. Definitely recommend.
    One Piece is quirky and original. Easy to watch.

• Redhenry said:
    Watching Hijack and Top Boy, both v good.
    Just down the exact same. Both very good. Top Boy has been an excellent series. 
  • Jessie said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Special Ops: Lioness was watchable on Amazon

My mum finished watching this last week and said she enjoyed it very much.
    We're half way through the series & thoroughly enjoying it so far.