Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited August 2023
    A feast of docs for football enthusiasts atm.

Mission to Burnley - on sky sports. 4 episodes 're last season. Kompany comes across as very impressive. Peps replacement for sure.

Rise and fall of Luton Town - 1 episode also on Sky

New documentary on Prime 're Newcastle. One episode to date. Looks good.
  • Anyone seen Fisk yet? Tonight's watch I think. About a lawyer who ends up working for a crap wills and probate firm. Probably sounds exciting to me because I work adjacent the wills and probate department! Heard it's funny though
  • Has anyone mentioned Guilt? I think they might have. We'd forgotten how much happened in series 2 and stopped watching the first episode of series 3 to re-watch the last of series 2. Such an involved/complex plot
  • Has anyone mentioned Guilt? I think they might have. We'd forgotten how much happened in series 2 and stopped watching the first episode of series 3 to re-watch the last of series 2. Such an involved/complex plot
    Yes. I really enjoyed the first series, the second not quite so much but still very watchable. Tried watching the third series and hadn’t a clue what was going on. Resolved to binge from the start again but haven’t got around to it. 
  • Watched the Newcastle documentary overnight.  Enjoyed it more than most of the “fly on the wall” shows.  The Saudi PIF Chairman is one impressive cookie and I found myself somewhat surprisingly warming slightly to Amanda Stavely. Obviously, the editing is done in their favour but it was something to see.  I like Newcastle. 
    Yes. I really enjoyed the first series, the second not quite so much but still very watchable. Tried watching the third series and hadn’t a clue what was going on. Resolved to binge from the start again but haven’t got around to it. 
    https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/guilt-recap-max-roy-maggie-lynch-kenny-erin-teddy/#:~:text=Series Two: Max, Erin, and Roy and Maggie Lynch&text=To secure an early release,d caused to her family.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/guilt-recap-max-roy-maggie-lynch-kenny-erin-teddy/#:~:text=Series Two: Max, Erin, and Roy and Maggie Lynch&text=To secure an early release,d caused to her family.
    Cheers.  It takes something to think up these plots!  Even reading the synopsis I’m struggling🤣
    Cheers.  It takes something to think up these plots!  Even reading the synopsis I’m struggling🤣
    The detail in the plots is pretty amazing!
  • Didn't really get on with the bear - just didn't click for me 
  • I just started watching Succession - cant stop now its got me. Late to the party but my god it’s brilliant. 
    We finished it last week. Enjoyed it but the last 3/4 episodes were a disappointment.
  • Sponsored links:

• jams said:
    Didn't really get on with the bear - just didn't click for me 
    How many episodes did you watch? I found the first one too intense (albeit after a difficult day) and only got into it after a few episodes and then absolutely loved it 
  • Painkiller on Netflix was, pardon the pun, addictive. A good watch, so cheers for the recommendation.
  • Finished Station Eleven, enjoyed it overall though 2 or 3 episodes felt a bit too slow. Like how they tied it up, no real need for a second series.

Couple of episodes in to Dopesick and I'm pretty hooked. 
  • Anyone else been watching The Afterparty on Apple TV? I think it's really well done. 
  • Not a new series so apologies for using this thread but this will be “new” to most people. The reshowing of I Claudius on BBC 4 is a masterpiece and an absolute must watch.
  • No Activity on iPlayer, from the same team as Colin From Accounts and featuring the same two leads. It's about an Aussie police force. I've only watched a couple of episodes so far but has a similar humour to Colin. 
  • McBobbin said:
    Anyone seen Fisk yet? Tonight's watch I think. About a lawyer who ends up working for a crap wills and probate firm. Probably sounds exciting to me because I work adjacent the wills and probate department! Heard it's funny though
    Funny, particularly if you like your Aussie humour. Hardly the most groundbreaking, but at 6 half hour episodes it's no great investment with some proper chortles
  • Clean Sweep was excellent.

Guilt also v good. And what a beautiful flat that was - supposedly - in New York but actually I used to live in it in Glasgow.  :)

• Just finished both series of the Lincoln Lawyer.

Very American but decent few twists and the main character is likeable. 

Enjoyed it and very binge worthy.
  • Just finished both series of the Lincoln Lawyer.

Very American but decent few twists and the main character is likeable. 

Enjoyed it and very binge worthy.
    Just finished the first series. Enjoyed it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Also enjoyed Lincoln Lawyer TV series. Watched the 2012 film at the weekend- based on the same book but a very different interpretation. Quite an interesting study in how much society has changed in the last 10 years comparing the two!

Have just seen first two episodes of Good Omens - enjoying it a lot, much better than I was expecting. 
  • edited August 2023
    The Uncanny Counter  (Netflix) Korean series 
    This is a show about someone who lost his parents in a car crash, its a bit about supernatural and after life, i don't really want to give any spoilers but for me its a good show and well worth watching if you don't mind subtitles. He develops super powers and they go after people where evil spirits have entered, some are higher level so more powers etc.

I've been binging my way through it the last week, 1 hour long episodes so it is long but decent. 
  • TELTEL
    edited August 2023
    Just finished the second series of Lincoln lawyer. Very cute-sie, predictable etc. A poor man's Bosch right down to the views from Hallers apartment. We use it as a filler, usually whilst eating dinner as even if you miss a bit, you dont really miss anything. The blonde is sooooo irritating. 
  • Painkiller... to think that family is still worth $11billion. Only in America. 
  • Two episodes into Guilt... liking it so far

Just watched  Cell 8. Very good and a few twists in the plot to keep you thinking. 
  • Loving the bear, especially the extra long episode in series 2. Thanks for the recommendation. 
  • Glovepup said:
    Loving the bear, especially the extra long episode in series 2. Thanks for the recommendation. 
    The seven fishes episode was so intense - stressful just watching it
  • Another shout out  for Deadloch on Amazon. I did so about a month ago and no one seems to have picked up on it. 

• Just finished Midnight Mass. Was enjoying it even though it felt like each episode was a bit baggy. The last episode was a bit of a let down. A couple of genuine jump scares and laugh out loud moments through the series but overall the pay off was lacking.
  • Anyone who enjoyed Painkiller should watch Dopesick on Hulu. About the Oxycontin/opioid crisis as well, but much more focus on the District Attorney's case against it.